ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The End - Is Jezza right? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/781678-the-end-is-jezza-right.html)

The Chief 03 August 2009 01:38 AM

The End - Is Jezza right?

The last few minutes of TG tonight was one of the most touching pieces of motoring journalism i have ever seen and i think jeremy is right.

those last 5 minutes on Top Gear just about sums it up for me. A car is not just transport from A-B, its a lot lot more. Its about passion and the experience of driving a fast car. (honestly i'm not pissed) :D

I can see no other way forward, the car is being bullied out of existence and to see the end of these cars which will shortly be consigned to museums and pictures in books is a shame.

i dont think i've ever seen a more thought provoking piece on the future of the car. http://www.eroyton.co.uk/forum/img/s...efault/sad.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKs0Iv9H78

chocolate_o_brian 03 August 2009 07:04 AM

In the words of the great man himself - EPIC :thumb:

Nat 03 August 2009 07:39 AM

It was just a nice car.

StickyMicky 03 August 2009 09:17 AM

I really liked the final part, no messing about, just the car on a great set of roads, awesome.

Nat 03 August 2009 09:19 AM

That's what i saw and that's what it was.

Now all these weirdos are reading loads into it that was not there :lol1:

Simon K 03 August 2009 09:24 AM

Granted the end was okay, and the car was lovely. But.......... that last episode of TG was the worse Ive seen. There was hardley anything interesting in it, and felt like they had run out of articles / cars, so were just pi55ing around.

Also, what has happend to Hammonds hair ?? Surely someone can take him to one side and mention that he look's a idiot. Also, his pi55 poor attempts at jokes, humour is wearing thin, and let James May talk more.

I love TG, and look forward to a new series, but the one last night was awful.

SBK

powerwrx 03 August 2009 09:37 AM

i agree to letting may speak more,i think he's the funniest..as for a bad show i think it was pretty good ,granted not as good as some episodes but another hour of entertainment..lets face we all makesure were infront of the tv come 8pm on a sunday

dunx 03 August 2009 09:43 AM

When the arabs put 200% on the price of oil in the 70's my teachers said that we'd be zipping around in electric cars by 2000....

So I reckon by 2020 the IC engine will be history. In the developed world anyway.

IMHO

dunx

P.S. An hour of entertainment is all Top Gear managed....

Snazy 03 August 2009 10:01 AM

Was a very curious piece I have to say, one that draws you into it.
Although, think back to the Veyron, they said the same thing. We were seeing the end of motoring development etc.

Touching, deep, daft, simple.... whatever you make of it, it was a nice way to finish a series at best.
Maybe TG wont return, maybe ITS been axed, is that the ending?
Whatever it was, it was nice to see the creative flare of the producers return to make a piece like that :)

Boro 03 August 2009 10:09 AM

Got everyone talking about it so whatever it was, it worked :D

urban 03 August 2009 10:13 AM

Its only the end of the series.

They're filming something in Belfast in the coming weeks for topgear.
Supposed to be driving Mini's - some sort of topgear Italian Job

Leslie 03 August 2009 11:00 AM

It is being condemned by wassocks who have not got the ability to get a driving licence themselves.

Les :(

Jamz3k 03 August 2009 11:09 AM

I'll believe what Jezza say's when he gets rid of his fleet of cars due to the recession and global warning or whatever they call it now.

If you think of how many fast cars that are on the road whilst you take the daily commute, its hard to believe that they've had their day. Its just now people who could have once got a performance car on credit, can't! If anything this is great as it will make performance cars special again rather than a regular occurance.

dpb 03 August 2009 12:22 PM

Lamenting his own/top gears demise - teh fat gets had it good,right ?

stilover 03 August 2009 01:03 PM

Ferrari has just launched the 458.
Ferrari are about to launch the Enzo replacement.

Zonda are launching a new car.

Lamborghini are launching a new car.

AM will be launching a new flagship car soon.

Bugatti are launching a new 4door Supercar.

Bentley are launching a new car.

Porsche's revise 997 Turbo is just round the corner.

There will always be a market for very high performance cars like all those above. Those that can afford to buy them, aren't worried about petrol prices, or car Tax rises.

While there are rich car enthusiasts, car manufacturers will build car to sell them

falkster 03 August 2009 03:07 PM

Not touching....sh**e!!

I now hate Top Gear and cant sit and watch the s**t. I think going to see it live ruined it for me. James May and Richard Hammond were arrogant t**ts and the content had started to get boring....some crappy challenge, a couple of new cars and some w@nkers sat on a sofa chatting bollocks.
As mentioned before, what has happened to Richard Hammonds hair? His total image has changed, which is totally upto him but he just looks and acts like a complete w@nker now......I think the bit of fame has gone to his head.
Haven't seen last few weeks programs due to work and dont think ill be watching them either.

scooby L 03 August 2009 03:23 PM

Did anyone else notice the speedo reading during the 3 "high def internal pans" they did while Clarkson was doing the Vantage bit?

I spotted it on the last... zero... no wonder it was smooth in that cockpit...:lol1::lol1:

(And 2nd on that being the worst episode ever)... Lacking in anything petrol headed... was almost like the whole program was a done as a car advert...?:cuckoo:

Snazy 03 August 2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 8860257)
Did anyone else notice the speedo reading during the 3 "high def internal pans" they did while Clarkson was doing the Vantage bit?

I spotted it on the last... zero... no wonder it was smooth in that cockpit...:lol1::lol1:

I shall have to look at that again. :lol1:

Scott W 03 August 2009 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 8860257)

(And 2nd on that being the worst episode ever)... Lacking in anything petrol headed... was almost like the whole program was a done as a car advert...?:cuckoo:

I noticed that also and thought I was being sad for doing so.... glad somebody else noticed it as well! :D

powerwrx 03 August 2009 04:54 PM

YouTube - Top Gear - Series 13 - Programme 8 - V12 Vantage

the link in the origional post dont work now

j4ckos mate 03 August 2009 05:02 PM

i think that was just filler, it was very poor last night, very very poor.

StickyMicky 03 August 2009 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by falkster (Post 8860221)
Not touching....sh**e!!

I now hate Top Gear and cant sit and watch the s**t. I think going to see it live ruined it for me. James May and Richard Hammond were arrogant t**ts and the content had started to get boring....some crappy challenge, a couple of new cars and some w@nkers sat on a sofa chatting bollocks.
As mentioned before, what has happened to Richard Hammonds hair? His total image has changed, which is totally upto him but he just looks and acts like a complete w@nker now......I think the bit of fame has gone to his head.
Haven't seen last few weeks programs due to work and dont think ill be watching them either.

Nothing to do with the brain damage then ? :cuckoo:

He has changed, no doubt about that, but if you read his book regarding the dragster crash, you might understand just how lucky he is, that he can even walk and talk now :eek:

Snazy 03 August 2009 07:45 PM

lol I love the attack on Hammond , wtf!
Get a grip, if you dont like it, dont watch it.

I would hardly class James May as arrogant, not by my definition anyway.

Your right though, bring back the old Clarkson and the old style of Top Gear

Snazy 03 August 2009 08:08 PM

Here is an eye opener.... Clarkson on the same topic (kinda)
Almost 20 years ago!

YouTube - Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear in 1991!

thesyn 04 August 2009 06:52 AM

So, a lazily produced item on a humorous car program perhaps ironic, suggesting that the end of fast cars is possible. This then debated on a car forum and concluded to be the likely future.
As close to post modernism that TG will ever reach perhaps? :lol1:

jonc 04 August 2009 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 8860902)
Here is an eye opener.... Clarkson on the same topic (kinda)
Almost 20 years ago!

YouTube - Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear in 1991!

My word! that afro is out of control! needs a bit of Soul Glo.

Snazy 04 August 2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 8861819)
My word! that afro is out of control! needs a bit of Soul Glo.

lol @ soul glow, same ere eh lol