ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   cod4 whats happening????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/781642-cod4-whats-happening.html)

shawn r 02 August 2009 09:23 PM

cod4 whats happening?????

hey all, has anyone else noticed over the last week or so that there has been a lot of glitching going on? (ps3)
really spoiling the game now, people hiding behind things and off the maps, nearly all of them.
anyone else seen this?

scoobyverysoon 02 August 2009 10:02 PM

used to it (I play the PC version) if people are cheating I leave and find another server

SirFozzalot 03 August 2009 07:45 PM

Yep, I've noticed this over the last week or so. Quite annoying. :brickwall

I don't even know how they are doing it :wonder:

SirFozzalot 03 August 2009 08:01 PM

oh, actually, a quick look on youtube and all the answers are there on how to do it. :rolleyes:

Ruins the game in my opinion. :(

mad555 03 August 2009 08:51 PM

Players using the UFO glitch are having their PSN accounts banned for life according to some reports.

SirFozzalot 03 August 2009 08:54 PM

I've heard that too, but then I'm also hearing that so many people are using the glitch that it's "not in their interest" to ban everyone.

Hopefully a patch will be along soon to stop it.

shawn r 03 August 2009 09:02 PM

not been a patch for 4 for ages though, shame, dont see the point other than to anno people. lookimg to get my gold cross but get too annoyed.

SirFozzalot 03 August 2009 09:08 PM

I'm wondering if Infinity Ward will bother with a patch with the close release of Modern Warfare 2, I'm guessing they will be pretty pre-occupied with that at the moment. :(

Boro 03 August 2009 11:57 PM

The thing is, if they dont patch it, it could affect sales of MW2. I for one, wouldnt want to play a game people can cheat at when the makers dont bother fixing it.

Is this also called the GOD HACK? Alot of vids on youtube about it.

richie001 04 August 2009 12:14 AM

xbox is the same.

Boro 04 August 2009 01:02 AM

Risky bearing in mind you could be banned from XBL permanently

kingofturds 05 August 2009 11:49 AM

It's a fairly simple mod using a hex editor by the looks of it. kind of spoils the game when you have people flying around the map like superman.

I had someone land from the sky right next to me and despite unloading every bullet I had into him, he just stood there shot me up and flew off.

Do they ban the actual xbox or just the account?

scoobyverysoon 05 August 2009 04:35 PM

That happend on a game on the PC I put 2 full mags into a guy and it did nothing :mad: on PC you have punkbuster but even that sometime doesnt detect some cheaters.

god knows how consoles go on

there was a bloke in BF2142 called kain who had some commander script hack hes been using it for over a year and a half he had double the points then the next guy in the league:mad: - hes finally been banned but its taken a long time to pick it up

scrotes like that spoil the game

StickyMicky 05 August 2009 05:25 PM

Suprised this is an issue with the xbox game, its been out so long i would have thought any glitches would have been sorted by now, i never bought COD 5 because i was in the beta and people were glitching out of the map.

SirFozzalot 06 August 2009 09:57 AM

Played for a while last night (PS3) and no one was glitching at all. Looks like they've sorted it. :thumb:

Bull 06 August 2009 11:21 PM

i play on pc and never have this problem.Mainly because im 1 of the most senior admins in a clan .And we have alot of very very good admins who boot and ban players.We have also set up some modded servers which allow you to fly in gunships and stuff..

if anyone wants to join us for a game one night United Band of Brothers send a pm to bull(me)