ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Mountain biking (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/781416-mountain-biking.html)

Cornelius 01 August 2009 05:40 PM

Mountain biking

has this died a death now?;)

Have decided that as I'm starting my new job next week, I'm going to get fitter again! Fresh start and all that!

Also found out theres a Muay Thai gym in Benfleet so will be taking that up again! Used to go to the Carpenters Arms gym in Southend but the distance has put me off and parking can be a 'mare!!

Last time I went Muay Thai was a few weeks after 7/11 when I broke 2 ribs sparring!

ScatRat 01 August 2009 05:43 PM

OH sounds great fun, think the thai ribs sound nice. Sparring? whats that is that the same as flash frying

Cornelius 01 August 2009 05:47 PM

lmao

just a polite way of saying "lets batter the sh1t out of each other"!

ScatRat 01 August 2009 06:08 PM

OH right? was confused by the title mountain biking,

So whats the best bike to throw?
i bet the chains hurt.
i try pop round tomorrow,
just had a bad scare a min ago, it dont like rain

Nate 01 August 2009 06:28 PM

Paul,

MTB'ing may have dies of death with the hoards, but I am regularly going out whenever I have time spare.

Have found myslef over at Thorndon a few times in the last couple of weeks, and want to go out on my bike around Epping forest at some point in the very near future.

:thumb:

Cornelius 01 August 2009 06:36 PM

Will have to meet up sometime!

Though I'll have to modify the back seat in the scoob so it folds down easily to get the bike in!

customdanioc 01 August 2009 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 8856811)

Have decided that as I'm starting my new job next week, I'm going to get fitter again! Fresh start and all that!

Also found out theres a Muay Thai gym in Benfleet so will be taking that up again! Used to go to the Carpenters Arms gym in Southend but the distance has put me off and parking can be a 'mare!!

Last time I went Muay Thai was a few weeks after 7/11 when I broke 2 ribs sparring!

That will be Brad, down behind the nursery..... off the High Road towards the Station end, he also has classes at Waterside I believe.
I used to go to the Benfleet classes, started with some private lessons then joined with the main classes......he is the nads.....

Shame I live too far away to still go there now, my mate still trains there.....

SirFozzalot 01 August 2009 07:39 PM

I still go out fairly regularly. In fact might be going to Hadleigh on thursday evening with a load of guys from work if I can get out of work early enough. :rolleyes:

A few of us still go to Thorndon Park and Danbury. :thumb:

SirFozzalot 01 August 2009 07:41 PM

A couple of my friends go to Muay Thai in Benfleet on Tuesday nights. I think it's the same one.

Tiny 01 August 2009 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 8856811)

No mate not yet :D

Still get out on mine most nights of the week :thumb:

The sunday mornings over Thorndon pk that Fozz used to arrange were great fun :luxhello:

Cornelius 01 August 2009 10:06 PM

Excellent stuff, glad it hasn't waned off!! Biking on your own get boring!!

Cornelius 01 August 2009 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by customdanioc (Post 8856991)
That will be Brad, down behind the nursery..... off the High Road towards the Station end, he also has classes at Waterside I believe.
I used to go to the Benfleet classes, started with some private lessons then joined with the main classes......he is the nads.....

Shame I live too far away to still go there now, my mate still trains there.....

One of my mates (Jeff Greenbank) lives in Thailand, he comes back to work here for 3 months and goes back out!! he's got an apartment in Bangkok and the cost of living is so cheap it's unreal. He also trains at a Muay Thai camp out there!
Jeff must be 6'4" and hard as nails, I've tried getting him in a head lock to pull his head down ready for a knee but he's that strong, I couldn't budge him even using my body weight! I was sparring with him when I done my ribs, painful as fook!!

We used to work the nightshift at calor, so we trained 3 days a week at the Carpenters Arms camp, and running 5 miles at least 2 days a week

I done Ju jitsu and tried tae kwondo, but didn't find it any near as exhilerating as Muay Thai.

IN THE STICKS 03 August 2009 02:02 PM

Still go out on mine, must be time for a Fozzie Thorndon trip soon :)

spally 03 August 2009 02:48 PM

until i get some off road wheels, i'm sticking to road maybe the odd tow path. But myself and col go over hadleigh quite often, as there are tracks over there my wheels can just about handle.