ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Leak in the Boot - Help needed please (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/780431-leak-in-the-boot-help-needed-please.html)

jenk9988 27 July 2009 07:52 PM

Leak in the Boot - Help needed please

Hi All,
Have had an issue with water in the boot since I bought my car a couple of months ago - its a 99 uk Turbo.
Initially found it was leaking through the passenger side rear light cluster where it had been replaced at some time- so I took it out, sealed it up and job done!!! Or so I thought....
Although there was no more water coming in from the light I discovered it was somehow travelling through the seal of the boot so I replaced that which solved that problem!!
But.... Yesterday I discovered water again!!!:mad: Seems to be running down the arch (what appears to be water marks)and into the spare wheel well and the part where the jack sits.

Has anyone gots any ideas? Also when trying to trace the leak I have found a hose that looks a bit out of place - it comes from either behind the seat or the roof of the boot where the speakers are and runs down behind the arch and into the place where the jack sits. Is this normal and could this somehow be the cause?

Hopefully someone can help before I start getting a rust problem.

Cheers
Jenks

wraggy78 27 July 2009 07:55 PM

I had leak in mine my99 sti and it was the spoiler as someone has put after market spoiler on and not sealed unused hole!!! hope that helps..
Also if the hose is for your rear wash and its not connected then i would say that it could be that !!!

Darc174 27 July 2009 07:58 PM

i had the same things mate,

i resealed all my Rear lights, to find it was coming in the Holes where the Spoiler fits so sealed them up and its all dry now :D

darc

beef-on-the-bone 27 July 2009 08:00 PM

i did have a leak from the bottom corner of my rear windscreen, a small hole that was flooded by the rain gutter and then that filled the jack 'hole'

jenk9988 27 July 2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by wraggy78 (Post 8846753)
I had leak in mine my99 sti and it was the spoiler as someone has put after market spoiler on and not sealed unused hole!!! hope that helps

It doesnt seem to be coming from the spoiler, but I thing I will take it off and reseal to be sure.

Originally Posted by wraggy78 (Post 8846753)
Also if the hose is for your rear wash and its not connected then i would say that it could be that !!!

Its a saloon so doesnt have a rear wash - would it be there anyway?

jenk9988 27 July 2009 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by beef-on-the-bone (Post 8846764)
i did have a leak from the bottom corner of my rear windscreen, a small hole that was flooded by the rain gutter and then that filled the jack 'hole'

Where would the hole be? cos that sounds like an option cos of where it looks like its coming in

Cheers
Jenks

jenk9988 27 July 2009 08:40 PM

Anymore ideas on what this hose is?

DannyBoy007 28 July 2009 09:03 AM

Rear lights can leak, take them off, clean the gunk off and reseal with mastic,
The rubber seal aorund the boot can get mis-shaped, take off and clip back on and as said the wholes in the boot for spoiler can leak if not sealed properly

jenk9988 29 July 2009 08:07 PM

Just found that the hose/pipe by the jack is for the sunroof drain off, and also found that the hole/drain at the back was blocked - so the water draining from the sunroof was building up by the jack!!! Fingers crossed that sorts the problem:)

Thanks for your responses