ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Clarkson introuble again for being honest.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/780012-clarkson-introuble-again-for-being-honest.html)

warrenm2 25 July 2009 01:04 PM

Clarkson introuble again for being honest....

He makes a comment off air and it becomes a news item. Looks like if you dont hold the "perscribed views" you are committing thought crimes these days. :razz:

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Clarkson in new Brown insult row

hughes741 25 July 2009 04:20 PM

this country is pathetic you cant say anything anymore without someone moaning

cookstar 25 July 2009 04:27 PM

Read these yesterday, did make me giggle.

Jeremy Clarkson: Top 10: Greatest-ever Jeremy Clarkson moments | Facebook

New_scooby_04 25 July 2009 04:35 PM

Sounds like the usual sources making a fuss about nowt though:

"According to the corporation, however, the presenter did not receive a dressing down as has been reported in several newspapers.

"As controller of BBC Two she holds both the programme and Jeremy in high regard," it said in a statement.

"After the recording she and Jeremy had a discussion about the programme, as controllers and presenters often do."

According to eyewitnesses, Clarkson used the offensive word while making off-the-cuff remarks on government policy.

Last year media watchdog Ofcom ruled that jokes made by Clarkson on Top Gear about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes did not breach the broadcasting code."

TurboKitty 25 July 2009 04:35 PM

Having read the article I don't see where he is in trouble? In fact it states he's NOT in trouble for it. It's about time a few moaners realised that celebrities are also people and off air are allowed their own lives and opinions.

Besides, as much as I dislike Clarkson, I'd say that currently a large percentage of people would agree with him that certain four letter words are appropriate to describe Brown and his financial ineptit...um...policy.

falkster 25 July 2009 04:37 PM

So someone went to see topgear being filmed knowing what it is like and complained about an 'off air' comment.

Tw@t!!

Would these people prefer the 'banter' or if they went to see the program they would just appear ready for the filming and then quickly vanish after?

dpb 25 July 2009 06:17 PM

Im sure the beeb invent these scenarios just to keep Clarkson/Top gear a bit edgy

- well it keeps the rating up

tanyatriangles 25 July 2009 06:18 PM

However: you ARE all aware that Clarkson is actually a raving Tory, aren't you?

He writes for a Tory rag and has been slagging off Labour from WELL before Bliar's time, in fact I SEEM to remember him being a BIG fan of Maggie:eek:

But like all the citizens of a certain country in Europe, we can't find anyone who actually SUPPORTED Maggie any more, any more than THEY can find anyone who VOTED for Hitler:rolleyes:

rabbos 25 July 2009 06:52 PM

Why do people care what someone else says, celebrity or otherwise? You don't have to agree with them, and anyway most people think Brown is a ******* ****

tanyatriangles 25 July 2009 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by rabbos (Post 8843247)
Why do people care what someone else says, celebrity or otherwise? You don't have to agree with them, and anyway most people think Brown is a ******* ****

Nope. I think he's a sweaty sock fcuking cnut. :D

Boro 25 July 2009 09:01 PM

Non news and i feel like ive just wasted 5mins of my life reading it.

thesyn 25 July 2009 09:27 PM

Wouldn't worry on JC's part, I am sure that he knows which side his bread is buttered on, , he is I am sure certain of just how far he can go without experiencing a Woss moment and losing income from the BBC cash cow.

Leslie 26 July 2009 05:11 PM

The BBC had a go at Sarah Kennedy as well for mentioning that she agreed with Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech.

Les

warrenm2 26 July 2009 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8844576)
The BBC had a go at Sarah Kennedy as well for mentioning that she agreed with Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech.

Les

Nothing like a bit of free speech - actually theres nothing like free speech on the BBC is there?!

Tiggs 26 July 2009 10:47 PM

clarkson was at work...his boss told him to watch his mouth. anyone who thinks this non-news is something THEY could do at work (in front of custumers) try calling ANYONE a cun*t in that situation and see if everyone laughs along.

NOTHING to do with free speech.

Leslie 27 July 2009 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 8845102)
Nothing like a bit of free speech - actually theres nothing like free speech on the BBC is there?!

They also had a go at her for saying that she nearly ran over a black man wearing a dark suit while she was driving at night until he smiled at her. I have had black mates who used to tell that one themselves for goodness sake!

Les

pwhittle 28 July 2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by falkster (Post 8843066)
So someone went to see topgear being filmed knowing what it is like and complained about an 'off air' comment.

Tw@t!!

Would these people prefer the 'banter' or if they went to see the program they would just appear ready for the filming and then quickly vanish after?

you get the impression there's a small section of the community (beards and sheds spring to mind for no apparent reason...), who watch TG just so they can complain. Going on the show though is taking it a bit far. And the odds against there being a Brown fan there are minimal.