ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Apparently I have to choose! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/779630-apparently-i-have-to-choose.html)

Trout 23 July 2009 02:18 PM

Apparently I have to choose!

Since returning I have received notice that I have to choose between two user-ids, although I suspect only the blind, newbie or the terminally retarded could not tell the two personae are in fact the same person. So there is nothing to hide.

Anyway, I thought the best idea would be to let the public vote.

Oh, and to meet the new guidelines, both user-ids have owned a Subaru although currently neither of them do. And both user-ids have been here longer than most, if not all the moderators. In fact this one was created when there were only 300 members on this BBS. Imagine that.

So, please, you vote, you decide. My future is in your hands.

BTW I don't want to sway you in anyway, but this is the only user-id that has access to the adult forum so if I don't have this on then I will have to switch sites to access Subaru related filth.

Thank you for your attention - Rannoch/Spooky

hutton_d 23 July 2009 02:20 PM

I remember the Rannoch id. Not seen t'other ......... So I vote Rannoch!

Dave

pimmo2000 23 July 2009 02:22 PM

Why do you need more than one?

SJ_Skyline 23 July 2009 02:23 PM

What happened to your Trout ID?

Jay m A 23 July 2009 02:27 PM

Damnit I thought I was one of those in the rare group that knew this - I felt so empowered etc, after all thats what internet forums are all about isn't it? ;)

Trout 23 July 2009 02:27 PM

It was stolen by the previous BBS owner. I had an email problem and even though EVERYONE on the board at the time good and bad knew who it was and I even knew Simon in person he would not let me reset the email.

The posts are there but the user-id seems to have been deleted.

Pimmo - why not? It's not like I have loads and it is not as if I am trying to hide anything. Why have two different colour jumpers, or if you a lucky more than one car. Different moods take you different directions.

TurboKitty 23 July 2009 02:27 PM

I vote none of the above. Choose something new.

How about Turbot Powered?

;)

Jay m A 23 July 2009 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 8838722)
What happened to your Trout ID?

Don't tell him Pike!

EddScott 23 July 2009 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 8838710)
only the blind, newbie or the terminally retarded could not tell the two personae are in fact the same person.

Well I'm not blind or new so I guess I'm a retard :)

Other than Pete, I don't really pay attention to multiple usernames. I don't see the point.

TurboKitty 23 July 2009 02:29 PM

Don't panic! Nobody panic!

Markus 23 July 2009 02:32 PM

I say dump Spooky, keep Rannoch and ask for it to be renamed to Trout.

TurboKitty 23 July 2009 02:32 PM

For the record though, I know you as Rannoch and Trout, as well as a few other odd things (on 22B), and I've met you in person a few times. I hadn't, over the past few days I've been back on this forum, twigged Spooky Mulder was you.

SJ_Skyline 23 July 2009 02:34 PM

I agree with EddScott, it's hard enough keeping track of what's going on at home as well as work without having to worry about so many usernames!

Stay as Rannoch but get it right - the chickenwire over the FMIC on the STi was legendary ;)

Hi TK :luxhello:

Bubba po 23 July 2009 02:36 PM

I didn't know - but stay as Rannoch. :)

ronjeramy 23 July 2009 02:42 PM

I don't see the problem with mulitiple accounts, just keep them both. I too have one dating back too 2000, which i ocationally log in.

Trout 23 July 2009 02:48 PM

Careful Ron - they will be seaching through the virtual knicker drawer now looking for it and you will get a PM from the 'Moderator'.

Trout 23 July 2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 8838748)
Stay as Rannoch but get it right - the chickenwire over the FMIC on the STi was legendary ;)

That mesh really did demonstrate my superb engineering skills and complete lack of fabrication talent and associated tools!

I am pretty sure that was when I as Trout though ;)

I like the idea of binning both Rannoch and Spooky and returning as the troublesome Trout.

If people think it was rough with Mattee, remember the good old days with the bonfires in technical over VF turbos and which ECU. Brilliant stuff that burning a lot of late night candles.

Scoobert, Andy F with his spirtle, R19KET, harvey, we were all going hammer and tongs in those days. No moderation of bullying then!

TurboKitty 23 July 2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 8838763)
I don't see the problem with mulitiple accounts, just keep them both. I too have one dating back too 2000, which i ocationally log in.

I don't even remember how many I have. Back when Muppets was somewhere worth being, most people had at least 12 for various comedy purposes.

And Crush must have had at least a thousand.

*wonders* Whatever happened to he of the peppermint Scoob anyway?

Hi SJ_S! :luxhello:

PaulC72 23 July 2009 02:57 PM

Kepp whichever one you fancy I wont help you decide you are an adult!!! :-)

And to me it matters not how many user id's people have as I reply to the posts not the poster!

ronjeramy 23 July 2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 8838774)
Careful Ron - they will be seaching through the virtual knicker drawer now looking for it and you will get a PM from the 'Moderator'.

I better swap the email adresses about then :D have I said too much? :Suspiciou I better boot up peer gaurdian too :lol1:

Devildog 23 July 2009 03:00 PM

I thought that Spooky Mulder was familiar :)

Its a new chapter in the evolution of Scoobynet fro many of us. I say stick with the Spooky Mulder ID :thumb:

Puff The Magic Wagon! 23 July 2009 03:06 PM

I forget your real name most of the time and always think of you as Rannoch, even when I see you, so whatever you decide, you will still be Rannoch!

Trout 23 July 2009 03:12 PM

I have a real name!! Good god man, whatever next!

Jerome 23 July 2009 03:42 PM

I also knew you as Rannoch/Trout.

Probably the main reason reason I remembered even that was because I briefly met you at a Scooby meet many years ago.

Certainly had no idea you were Spooky as well.

As for which one you keep, who cares? I've got a second account I created for a brief (and feeble) comedy moment. I can't even remember what email I used to create the account.

J4CKO 23 July 2009 03:50 PM

I am going to drop the infantile j4ckos mate logon, its a struggle talking that much bollocks :D

Trout 23 July 2009 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jerome (Post 8838886)
I also knew you as Rannoch/Trout.

Probably the main reason reason I remembered even that was because I briefly met you at a Scooby meet many years ago.

Was it at Church Crookham? I was trying to remember where as I do remember meeting.

Jerome 23 July 2009 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 8838912)
Was it at Church Crookham? I was trying to remember where as I do remember meeting.

Blimey, I'm surprised you remember me. Church Crookham sounds about right.

Gear Head 23 July 2009 04:46 PM

Is it stated in the terms and conditions that you can only have one username?

ronjeramy 23 July 2009 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100 (Post 8839006)
Is it stated in the terms and conditions that you can only have one username?

It didn't, but it does now :lol1:

Lee247 23 July 2009 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8838904)
I am going to drop the infantile j4ckos mate logon, its a struggle talking that much bollocks :D

Hallelujah :luxhello::luxhello: