ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   SCOOBY GATHERING IN ALFORD (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/779276-scooby-gathering-in-alford.html)

RonnieB 21 July 2009 08:00 PM

SCOOBY GATHERING IN ALFORD

Hi all,

There's usually a classic car gathering in Alford, Lincs once a month.
Same old cars go so the organiser has asked me if I could ask around see if "we" wanted to do a Scooby one instead :wonder:

They'll cordon off the main market square car park just for us :D

Its going to be on the Sunday before the August bank holiday.

Just reply to this if your interested and I'll be able to confirm times etc later.

Cheers :thumb:

cbscooby 21 July 2009 08:53 PM

yes i'd go, defo

RonnieB 21 July 2009 08:58 PM

Excellent.

One so far then, where u from cb?

mattyk 21 July 2009 09:06 PM

what dates is this event id be up for it if it doesnt clash with work

cbscooby 21 July 2009 09:15 PM

nottingham pal

cbscooby 21 July 2009 09:18 PM

it'll take me just over an hour to get there

ross_wrx 22 July 2009 01:27 PM

I would be interested. :thumb: Also pretty sure my sis (She has a 55 Plate WRX 300) would be interested in this too... :D

Have you posted this on the clubljp.co.uk website? As there are quite a few of us with Scoobs on there. :norty:

Ross

RonnieB 22 July 2009 03:41 PM

Hi again all,

I've been told its Sunday 30th Aug (Bank hol Sunday) 10am onwards.

Just to confirm to everyone its a meet not an "event" as such - all that's been organised is the car park for us to congregate in and park our wonderful machines. There's no bouncy castles, beer tents, rolling road or drag strips :cry: Don't want anyone to be disappointed.

My thoughts were spend a few hours there let all the lower forms of life (oooppss I meant non Scooby owners :norty:) drool at our motors and then maybe have a cruise into SkeggyVegas later if anyone fancies it.

Sounds like there's 5 or so people interested so far, need a few more.

Ross - I've never been on the clubljp.co.uk website, so haven't posted on there.

Let me know.

Cheers :thumb:

cbscooby 23 July 2009 09:02 AM

sounds good, with it being a bank holiday the main skeggy car park will be full with all those people who want a scooby but have to settle for a 1.4 modified corsa, this will make there day, (speaking from the past with my 306) not no more. unfortunatly my car aint in great condition needs a full respray due to previous owners handy work, dont look to bad when dirty so mine will be the 1 that aint been washed

RonnieB 23 July 2009 09:36 AM

lol:

Yep, the corsa/saxo - nice exhaust shame about the engine, styling etc. crew will be there. :cuckoo:

Dirt is good,gives it that authentic I've been on the road look. Mine only gets its "special" clean once every 3 months or so.

cbscooby 23 July 2009 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by RonnieB (Post 8838141)
lol:

Yep, the corsa/saxo - nice exhaust shame about the engine, styling etc. crew will be there. :cuckoo:

Dirt is good,gives it that authentic I've been on the road look. Mine only gets its "special" clean once every 3 months or so.

unfortunatly mine will have that as you say "on the road look" till about january, also got to get it running right (bit at a time)

cbscooby 23 July 2009 09:47 AM

anyone 1 else from notts going

RonnieB 24 July 2009 12:00 PM

Hold the phone guys (and gals), turns out the organiser (although I can think of other names for him :mad:) has in fact given me the wrong date!!!

Turns out that its the Sunday BEFORE the bank holiday weekend making it Sunday 23rd August :rolleyes:

Sorry about this if anyones still interested let me know, if we don't get enough I'll just tell the "organiser" he'll have to sort sommat else (I'll be really polite I promise :norty:)

RonnieB 28 July 2009 06:16 PM

Sorry all mainly due to the fact the orgainser changed the date but also due to the lack of demand, we'll have to give the meet a miss :cry: