ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What no 5th Gear thread? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/779098-what-no-5th-gear-thread.html)

joey_turbo 20 July 2009 10:11 PM

What no 5th Gear thread?

I was hoping to ask a question about the Prodrive rally09 IMpreza that John Barrowman managed to roll.

For anyone that saw it, do you know what those two digital displays were in the centre of the dash where the heater controls/vents would be?
The big one was around 45-61 at idle, but shot up in the hundreds when driving, but back down again.

morebhp 20 July 2009 10:31 PM

even with the scooby on it the program was just boring

joey_turbo 20 July 2009 10:33 PM

Yeah I don't watch it much, just caught his. But noted how they are trying to set themselves Top Gear like challenges, 5 countries in 8 hours etc.

p1doc 21 July 2009 08:52 AM

i thought it was highly enjoyable barrowman's roll-lots of publicity for prodrive the new ttrs johnny's calibra option pmsl,have no idea re dials though egt?
martin

B0DSKI 21 July 2009 08:57 AM

The quicker they get rid of them three pr1cks that present it the better, i can't even watch it anymore, all i want to do is pick something big and heavy up and heave it through the TV screen!!

The Trooper 1815 21 July 2009 09:41 AM

TG have done bus racing, cheap alternatives, the Lambo SV, good small hatch backs and raced around Europe. "Jumping on" and "band wagon" spring to mind.

ice643 21 July 2009 11:38 AM

fifth gear is a load of cr@p.

trails 21 July 2009 02:10 PM

Top Gear is ****e too...both tabloid tv.

Barrowman was fookin' funny last night though!

bioforger 21 July 2009 06:43 PM

That ep of 5th gear really was p1sspoor, worst presenting and content ever. The only thing that midly interested me was the new TTRS, even that was a feable TG challenge copy. And at least TG is fairly funny. 5th gear's attempt at humour is shocking.

F1 CJE UK 21 July 2009 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by B0DSKI (Post 8833731)
The quicker they get rid of them three pr1cks that present it the better, i can't even watch it anymore, all i want to do is pick something big and heavy up and heave it through the TV screen!!

:thumb: ha ha good its not just me then :D

scoobyc 21 July 2009 07:47 PM

I like fifth gear.... sometimes.

I agree they need to stop trying to be topgear. They need to get Tiff and jason doing more stuff. Some of their head to heads were mental. Needs more on the limit driving and less poncy not funny crap...

jonny_693 21 July 2009 08:34 PM

Not worthy of a thread, They somehow make interesting/exciting stuff boring.

dunx 21 July 2009 10:19 PM

Fancy them not getting to a Lambo before TG :rolleyes:

It's just scheduling !

dunx

P.S. Tiff & Jase need to be peddling quick cars not "novelty" items, but TG is also pants in parts.

scoobyc 22 July 2009 11:52 AM

top 5th gear bits i can remember:

pator review of the f430
plato a tiff int he scoob n evo
tiff in the gt3
plato n tiff int he m3 and the lexus, made me laugh.

and im sure there has been a couple more over the years.

The crashes they do are prety good but could be better.

The low budget alternative is a nice idea.

Just not sure tim n the wookie are good enough to take the show from "that other motoring show" to the motoring show...

top gear rocks....as soon as i decided it was no longer a car show.