ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Evening All!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/779096-evening-all.html)

C-Spec Nic 20 July 2009 10:00 PM

Evening All!!!

Hello :thumb: my name is Nick and im from Ireland,
the site look's great and i've heard nothing but good things about it so i said i'd get registered up and join in if i may,

i bought my first impreza in 2006, it was a v5 sti in black from japland, from the moment i first drove it i was hooked :notworthy

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...cspecc/010.jpg

i had it just under a year and then a chance to buy a spec c came along and thats what i did,

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...c/DSCF2084.jpg

It had ecutek and the figures from the dyno were 330hp 356lb/ft,
but now has simtek with Anti-lag and launch control, un-dyno'd with new ecu so no update on power figures,
thats about it so look forward to chattin lads & lady's :thumb:

The Dogs B******s 20 July 2009 10:14 PM

Welcome:thumb:

bluenose172 20 July 2009 10:15 PM

Nice car, but why did you fit the Simtek ECU? Did you change anything else?

C-Spec Nic 20 July 2009 10:24 PM

No i didn't change anything but i plan on a few bits over time,
it's mapped for e5 fuel which is in the region of 99 ron + nf and as its not widely available i can switch to the second fuel map, and it done away with the maf and of course the pops and bangs :D

bluenose172 20 July 2009 11:08 PM

I'd have kept the OEM ECU, with a GroupN ROM, ECUTek call it MEGARom, it'll do more or less everything the Simtek can do with protection of the factory Knock Control.

daddyscoob 20 July 2009 11:09 PM

Welcome along :luxhello:

S1FU 20 July 2009 11:22 PM

Welcome fella. Nice car :thumb:

rezaP1 21 July 2009 12:10 AM

Nice cars both of them ... welcome onboard

TonyBurns 21 July 2009 05:51 AM

The standard ecu on a spec c is somewhat better than say a uk sti ecu as it already had anti lag and launch control available on it, and the maf sensors are no where near as weak as the version 5 you had, waste of cash going aftermarket really, plus enough room for that second map ;) so shame you didn't come here first before splashing out :(

Tony:)

B0DSKI 21 July 2009 07:40 AM

Car's looking sweet!! Welcome M8

tweaks 21 July 2009 05:59 PM

nice cars mate welcome :)

C-Spec Nic 21 July 2009 06:09 PM

@Bluenose172
@TonyBurns
I did hear about this and asked a mapper about it but i was told that it wasn't recommended,

"you have been incorrectly advised the oem factory fitted ecu does not
have anti-lag, there is a special ecu rom file that does but I would not
recommend that for your car. The ecu's mentioned do not have als either,
they do have a map switching function though but that does not involve als."
:wonder:

Thanks for the warm welcome :notworthy

m@t STImulation 21 July 2009 06:29 PM

subaru are never going to recomend antilag lol nice car what 1 do you prefer??

C-Spec Nic 21 July 2009 06:51 PM

subaru are never going to recomend antilag lol nice car what 1 do you prefer??

:lol1:

Two totaly different experiences, when i got the v5 i said to myself that im never selling this :notworthy
then i seen the spec c in autotrader and i had to have it, and i've been smiling ever since especially on winding mountain roads :luxhello:

bluenose172 21 July 2009 07:04 PM

The ECU ROM your tuner is talking about is a GroupN ROM that activates the ALS using the Auto Spray button, but it is too aggressive for the stock turbo. ALS on a road car is largely all about the pops and bangs...

C-Spec Nic 21 July 2009 08:09 PM

@Bluenose172 :thumb:

here's a little clip unfortunately its on a badly surfaced road (private) of course,
YouTube - Subaru anti lag

TonyBurns 21 July 2009 09:52 PM

Dunno who your mapper is but I knew what this ecu was capable of 4 years ago ;) it has to be unlocked (along with launch control) as for group N there is very little you can change (ecu included) but I doubt the anti lag you have is proper als ;)
Nice spec c though ;)

Tony:)

C-Spec Nic 24 July 2009 12:08 AM

Cheers Tony.
a mate of mine who is a member on here also told me that it was posible to get the orignal ecu mapped with anti-lag, but i was told the above.

Im aiming for the 400hp mark for now, i have H&S de-cat, blitz 3", panel filter, preasure reg and 255lph pump, what other mods could be recomended for the target hp?

Thanks
Nick

subaru-impreza-2000 24 July 2009 01:42 AM

Welcome mate. There some nice scoobys.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 24 July 2009 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by C-Spec Nic (Post 8835027)
@Bluenose172 :thumb:

here's a little clip unfortunately its on a badly surfaced road (private) of course,

All roads in Ireland are like that LOL

Nice car and welcome :luxhello:

What's your age/insurance and tax on the Spec C? Interest really as one day I might have to take a scoob over there...

C-Spec Nic 24 July 2009 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon! (Post 8840625)
All roads in Ireland are like that LOL

Nice car and welcome :luxhello:

What's your age/insurance and tax on the Spec C? Interest really as one day I might have to take a scoob over there...

So true mate and their getting worse but there are still some nicely surfaced b roads around :thumb:

I'm just gone 30, my insurance is €1200 and the road tax is just gone up again :mad: to €615 i mean i wouldn't mind paying it if it made some of those potholes disappear.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 25 July 2009 12:12 AM

Foof! €615!!

I know it's not monopoly money now so that is a lot of dough! Is that just on engine size or does the fact it's modded come into play?

Insurance wise, I'm a tad older than you though no southern NCB. Who do you use? My mum (80 & never an accident) pays about €600 a year on a Hyundai Accent but I guess it is the GT version :rolleyes: She uses (swears by) Hibernian but that to me seems steep :(

JDUFFY 25 July 2009 12:58 AM

whats the crack nick,duffman here.

its alot more teck over here

C-Spec Nic 25 July 2009 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon! (Post 8842271)
Foof! €615!!

I know it's not monopoly money now so that is a lot of dough! Is that just on engine size or does the fact it's modded come into play?

Insurance wise, I'm a tad older than you though no southern NCB. Who do you use? My mum (80 & never an accident) pays about €600 a year on a Hyundai Accent but I guess it is the GT version :rolleyes: She uses (swears by) Hibernian but that to me seems steep :(

Yeah it goes on engine size and emissions, having the likes of an M3 will see the grand total of €1,500 go missing from your bank acc :mad:

Im with a Probus europe through a broker, now i did have a serious motorbike accident way back in 1998 which isn't helping matters i would think, and there is a 4k excess but im happy its down to €1200, when i got insurance on my v5 back in 2006 it cost €2300 with excess,
i know some guys are paying as little as €600 €700 on STI's and are only 1 or 2 years older but have a spotless licence.

Originally Posted by JDUFFY (Post 8842344)
whats the crack nick,duffman here.

its alot more teck over here

:thumb: Good man Johnny, bit more intricate alright,
alot more knowledge and as ya say more technical + answers with certainty attatched :thumb: