ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How can i get some water without leaving the house? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/778980-how-can-i-get-some-water-without-leaving-the-house.html)

sarasquares 20 July 2009 12:25 PM

How can i get some water without leaving the house?

I thought i would pamper my hair today so when i washed it i treated it to a conditioner that is full of vitamins etc. BUT when it came to washing it off i found that i had no water :mad:

I have called Thames water and they are repairing a burst water main and the water will hopefully be back on by the end of the day. All bladdy well and good but my head is itching like a ho with thrush. :(

Anyone that could have got me some water is out or at work so i am stuck. The only option left is to rinse it off in the frog pond :nono:

At the moment is all stiff and sticking up :p

Lee247 20 July 2009 12:30 PM

Sara, you being a market gardner. Surely you have a barrel of rainwater collected in the garden. Will be bloody cold, but will do the job :D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 20 July 2009 12:34 PM

Set fire to a bush in the garden and dial 999

Added benefit of being rescued by men in uniform...

sarasquares 20 July 2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 8832097)
Sara, you being a market gardner. Surely you have a barrel of rainwater collected in the garden. Will be bloody cold, but will do the job :D

I have loads of water butts but they are full of blood worms and i would have to heat the water up first :lol1:

I have asked for bottled water but i dont think they will bring me some :wonder:

Oh, good news for you mum Lesley :thumb:

dpb 20 July 2009 12:35 PM

That would make her day :D

Jaybird-UK 20 July 2009 12:37 PM

any water left in the kettle?

Lee247 20 July 2009 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8832106)
I have loads of water butts but they are full of blood worms and i would have to heat the water up first :lol1:

I have asked for bottled water but i dont think they will bring me some :wonder:

:lol1:

Oh and thanks. Just got back from the hospital today. All done and dusted :)

sarasquares 20 July 2009 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon! (Post 8832104)
Set fire to a bush in the garden and dial 999

Added benefit of being rescued by men in uniform...

I can see myself doing that....... :o

This is serious though, i am even thinking of defrosting my bag of ice cubes and using that :p

sarasquares 20 July 2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK (Post 8832114)
any water left in the kettle?

only the chalky stuff in the bottom. I wonder if it is the water peoples responsibility to provide water when they but it off or does it have to be off for a long time? :wonder:

kingofturds 20 July 2009 12:40 PM

Defrost the ice in the freezer, drain the central heating system ,take a wee then distill it :D

mr_D 20 July 2009 12:40 PM

why dont you put a hat on and run to the nearest shop and buy some water? lol :D

sarasquares 20 July 2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by mr_D (Post 8832122)
why dont you put a hat on and run to the nearest shop and buy some water? lol :D

Honestly, i wouldn't get served looking like i do at the moment. My hair is very dark and the conditioner is looking like a gray paste at the moment, not a good look. I look like i have gray hair :D

sarasquares 20 July 2009 12:48 PM

I am going to use a bottle of sugar free lemonade to get most of the soap out. If i can get it to look wet i will drive to she shops to get some water :thumb:

I am glad i wasn't in the shower covered in soap when it happened :D

dpb 20 July 2009 12:54 PM

Call in the big boys

http://www.nps.gov/features/yell/sli...ages/12453.jpg

BlkKnight 20 July 2009 02:24 PM

assuming you don't put bleach blocks in - use the water from your loo cistern

Leslie 20 July 2009 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8832106)

Don't worry about the bloodworm Sara, after a while they'll just hatch out and fly away!

Les :D

MOK79 20 July 2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8832142)
I am going to use a bottle of sugar free lemonade to get most of the soap out. If i can get it to look wet i will drive to she shops to get some water :thumb:

I am glad i wasn't in the shower covered in soap when it happened :D

If that had happened I would have insisted on popping round and bringing you water myself. I wouldn't have minded helping out :norty:

sarasquares 20 July 2009 05:16 PM

Ha ha, a council contractor brought me 4 big bottles of water to my house :lol1:

I washed my hair in bottled water then the water went back on :p