ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Bricked Scooby! Immobiliser lock-out and dealer code no good?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/778785-bricked-scooby-immobiliser-lock-out-and-dealer-code-no-good.html)

RichieM 19 July 2009 10:57 AM

Bricked Scooby! Immobiliser lock-out and dealer code no good?!

Hi all,y

I have an 03 sti 08 bog apart from PPP. Here's the problem.

I was messing around in car with my ICE and had the front fascia hanging out, as you do. All of sudden ICE dies. Can't see what problem is but that can wait (fuse or or maybe immobilised this too?), bigger issue is that car now won't mobilise.

• Both key fobs make led next to clock flash but do nothing else
  • ignition - dash lights come on at position 3. At postion 4 (start) car makes very short alarm blip when turned - position 4
  • At this stage assuming battery or immobilised
  • Think battery may have been flattish so recharged fully still just alarm bleep
  • Tried heavy duty jump leads from transit to double check, nothing just same alarm bleep
  • Tried 4 digit code on sticker supplied with car but with each keypress lights flashed for about 1.5 secs -nothing. Pressed slowly etc. as per other threads.
  • Had from new and never used or changed keypad and code before so can't see why it's not correct.
  • Can't reset using keypad as key nor code work?

I feel I've tried everthing and think i've been thru all SN threads on alarms!

Have no warranty left and can't get car to garage, what else can I do? Any ideas anyone?

It gets worse, all the while scoobys out I have to drive the wifes SMAX!

Cheers

Rich

clark822 19 July 2009 11:10 AM

Dont know if its the same as my bmw but when that alarm went haywire i pulled out all the fuses related to it and it was usable but that was factory fitted just seen that your ice is dead too have you pulled on the loom and unclipped it further down ? Over than your ice do the rest of the electrics work ?

RichieM 19 July 2009 11:15 AM

thanks m8 but tried that tho'.

I checked every fuse behind keypad as I thought that may have been why my ICE wasn't working before noticed problem with immobiliser.

All fine :-(

clark822 19 July 2009 11:37 AM

Tried spare keys ? Do you know where the alarm module is and is there a master reset switch on it ?

RichieM 19 July 2009 11:51 AM

I have a spare key, tried that, same thing, light next to clock flashes but nothing else happens. I know you can reset alarm code but u need to be able to mobilise it first so not appropriate for me as code doesn't work. I think dealers have more gadgets to throw at it and can probably do a reset, not sure tho. :-(

JDM_Stig 19 July 2009 11:55 AM

Did you find the blown fuse from when the facia was hanging out ?

RichieM 19 July 2009 12:06 PM

yeah m8, tried all fuses and none were blown, the car ones and the ones for the stereo.

powerwrx 19 July 2009 12:36 PM

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/uploads..._m30_codes.pdf

have a look through this, sigma alarm codes.

have you checked all the fuses under the bonnet

RichieM 19 July 2009 12:47 PM

cool, thanks for the upload m8, i'll have a play.

richie001 19 July 2009 12:52 PM

You could also post your problem on this thread on SIDC
Ian aka Sigma Sam - Solves all your OEM Alarm Problems - Subaru Impreza Drivers Club

RichieM 19 July 2009 01:10 PM

thanks guys, i'll try your guide too richie. got to go out now (in the smax :-( ) and hope to have time this afternoon, if not tomorrow. I'll update thread with my results.

milliemoo 19 July 2009 07:50 PM

where do you find your pin # for sigma keypad.i cant put my own in until i enter the original.should it be written somewhere?

RichieM 19 July 2009 07:52 PM

Fixed! After rechecking fuses one was blown in the main fuse box next to battery. Little bugger blew to the side and I didn't spot it first time. Thanks again for all your help guys.

RichieM 19 July 2009 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by milliemoo (Post 8830997)
where do you find your pin # for sigma keypad.i cant put my own in until i enter the original.should it be written somewhere?

I've got a little silver sticker about 2x1cm that was stuck to the alarm installation certification document (A5 bit of paper). Not sure if it always is stuck here but my dealer did. Hope this helps.

JMCG 08 December 2009 02:10 PM

Did anyone else come across this problem? Pity Richie didn't say what fuse he replaced and he hasn't been online for months. I've checked all the blade type fuses and they're all ok :(