ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   arch rolling or flaring flare (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/778593-arch-rolling-or-flaring-flare.html)

mattdoyle 17 July 2009 10:17 PM

arch rolling or flaring flare

I have a track car (2005 wrx), would really like to widen the track for better handling. it has standard WRX 17"s fitted (am planning on retaining these).

Question i have is does anyone have any experience of rolling or flaring the arches on a newage, ideally i would like to fit 20 or 25mm hubcentric spacers all round (proper eibach or h&r ones, not the crappy cheapo ebay jobs that would end up rattling the car to bits!!)

dont have the budget for a wide body kit (or the inclination!!!), but would like the increased handing response the wider track gives.

also hoping to get enough room to squeeze in the 356mm brake kit from ksport (caliper brackets may need a few mm machining off!!)

Anyone got arch roller to loan or hire out?

cheers matt

fastboyslim 17 July 2009 10:28 PM

Something like this? Wheel Arch Roller (F670) - Bodywork - Frost Auto Restoration Techniques

wrighty338 17 July 2009 10:46 PM

^ if anyone has one of them il pay you to do mine!

swisstonihasher 18 July 2009 07:37 AM

Does this not put fine cracks in the paintwork?

gc8-r 18 July 2009 08:48 AM

give these a bell...
arch rolling and arch flaring
they did a mates 200sx you see in the first pic and they do a cracking job.
and they come to you,and at a good price.
cheer chris

wrx9181 18 July 2009 10:04 AM

dont revolution do this mod ????

DeanF 18 July 2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by swisstonihasher (Post 8828391)
Does this not put fine cracks in the paintwork?

You have to warm the paintwork up with a heat gun prior to soften it a little ...

My Mate has an Arch roller, cost him a small fortune :D, Im sure he would hire it out or even do the job for a small price ;)

Exactly the one in Fatboyslims post ;)

Cheers.
Dean

wrighty338 18 July 2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by gc8-r (Post 8828431)
give these a bell...
arch rolling and arch flaring
they did a mates 200sx you see in the first pic and they do a cracking job.
and they come to you,and at a good price.
cheer chris

anyone had their impreza done by these guys?

PaulR1sky 19 July 2009 08:15 AM

I bought one of the flaring tools for my friends as they do all of that.
I just had a tweak done to my arches, wheels rubbing when going round corners hard!
Full paintshop and a DentBuster to hand also!!
Based in High Wycombe, Bucks.

P.

mattdoyle 19 July 2009 12:39 PM

Thanks for all the useful replys guys.

I spoke to Arch enemy arch rollers before i posted this thread, they have done classics and new age cars coz they have pics on their site. not sure anyone on scoobynet has it done thou. Unfortunatly for me archenemy are based in london and i'm on the wirral, one of his agents is in nottingham but even thats too far to travel, there is another guy who is based in birmingham who does arch rolling/flaring, he's advertises on fleabay....can anyone give any references for these guys?

so then guys 4 questions for anyone in the know:

1) anyone had it done?

2) how much extra space can be had if you flare the arch?

3) will i be able to get the 20/25mm spacers i',m looking for fited on the standard wrx 17" rims?

4) will anyone hire me the roller for 5 days? (will arrange for pick-up and leave a deposit)

the other alternative i'm thinking of is arch extensions rather than the full blown widebody kit.

Arch 19 July 2009 04:12 PM

Surely a better option is to go to either a 7.5J or 8J wheel and get a 225 or 235 tyre that way you are increasing the rubber on the road! I am running 235 tyres on an 8J rim on my RA so its should be easy to do on a blobeye as you have more clearance.

DeanF 19 July 2009 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by mattdoyle (Post 8830279)
4) will anyone hire me the roller for 5 days? (will arrange for pick-up and leave a deposit)

I'll Have a word with Mike (Re: Roller) & let you knowe the outcome tomorrow.

Cheers.
Dean

mattdoyle 19 July 2009 09:51 PM

thanks dean, much appreciated.

Arch - i have 3 sets or the 7j rims and a set of 7.5s, they are fitted up with 1 set of 240mm yoko slicks, 1 set of 235 dunlop btcc slicks, 1 set of 235 dunlop bttc wets and a set of 225 toyo r1s's, so i already have the wide rubber, its the wide track i want and the clearance for the bigger brakes. A move up to 18's isnt really a cost effective option with the 4 sets of rims and tyres we have.

matt

mattdoyle 20 July 2009 07:42 PM

DeanF - you have PM reply - Thanks Matt

m@t STImulation 20 July 2009 07:44 PM

please put some pics up after you have this done i would like to do this to my classic