ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Euro Import Warranty Registration Details (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/77857-euro-import-warranty-registration-details.html)

WRXBOB 07 March 2002 08:40 PM

Hi
As an owner of a new Euro Import WRX I have been checking on the correct protocol for registering with IM.

You need to take copies of your vehicle registration document(V5) and the purchase invoice from the supplying dealer in the country it was purchased from.
Send these copies together with your own details to IM so that it is registered for warranty. Otherwise if you take it into a Subaru dealer for warranty work, and the dealer contacts IM for authorisation, IM wont have a record of your vehicle and WONT authorise the dealer to repair your car :eek:

NOTE: Your Subaru warranty starts from the day it is "sold" by the Euro dealer, and NOT from the date it is registered here in the UK.
So if you buy it through a UK import company, the warranty starts from when the import company collects the car from the Euro dealer...which could be some time before you get the car.
As for UK companies(sp) that have Euro imports "in stock", just remember that the vehicle warranty started from the date the car was released from the Euro supplier to the UK company.

This info was obtained from the Subaru dealer Monty's of Sheffield. I have seen these details myself in the documentation that they have from IM regarding this matter.

BOB

Harry_Boy 07 March 2002 08:44 PM

Good point Bob - must get this sorted. Presumably this will help in case of any recall notices (although I understand these mostly come from Swansea).

Cheers, HB.

Harry_Boy 07 March 2002 08:45 PM

Any particular department at IM? Or is it just, FAO Import Warranty Bloke....

WRXBOB 07 March 2002 08:57 PM

Harry

Send it to......eer......I'll get back to you on that!

Monty's are gonna do it for me so didn't pay much attention on the address.

Had a good chat with the service guy at Monty's, seem's ok, time will tell.
They are VERY friendly towards Euro imports, they know they won't make a fortune on UK car sales(not with Bentley's down the road) so they are VERY keen on getting the service work.

Booked in for the 1K service next week...their doing it while I wait.

BOB

Harry_Boy 07 March 2002 09:11 PM

Sounds good Bob - where you lead, I will doubtless follow! A little way behind, I guess, with your mileage.....

When I spoke to Monty's a few weeks ago, the sales guy seemed very pro-import. Should hope so, as I'd just bought £500 worth of mundane accessories from them.

Dox 08 March 2002 12:58 AM

HB, what did the £500 get spent on ?

Longdogs sits opposite me at work and is about 8 months of ownership and mods ahead. Everytime I find a new idea, I mention it to him and he points it out, already installed, in/on his motor when we're off to the pub for some lunch...

This isn't getting competitive or anything... http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/morewink.gif

Dox

boultsy 08 March 2002 08:12 AM

just got confirmation back yesterday that mine is now registered with IM. Just address it to

Warranty department
Subaru UK
Ryder Street
West Bromwich
West Midlands
B70 0EJ

But as with Bob, the dealer will be more than happy to do it for you. One thing to check, is that when you get the Registration document back make sure that the VIN number matches that on purchase invoice, before sending a copy off to IM. My dealer advised me to check this and sure enough one of the letters were wrong, said this was quite common.

BOB, what do you think of it so far, I guess I should ask that question after the 1000 miler;)

boultsy

Grahamwrx 08 March 2002 08:25 AM

Hi Bob,

You mention that you need the purchase order from the supplying dealer in the country it was purchased from.

Was this supplied to you automatically by Bentlys or did you have to ask either Bentlys or the Euro dealer for this ?

Graham

boultsy 08 March 2002 08:38 AM

G, you should get it automatically, it's your receipt/proof of purchase.

WRXBOB 08 March 2002 06:15 PM

I didn't get it...I have spoken to Chris at Bentley's and he's getting me a copy. He was going to post it to me but as I'm in Sheff on Tuesday I said I'd collect it in person.

What I got was:
Bentley's receipt
Certificate of conformity
Service book
Hand book
Alarm Hand book
Key's and fob's

think thats it?

Happy Motoring...

BOB

catflap 08 March 2002 07:21 PM

can reg my 99 car, bouyght second hand from a dude down south. But it is a uk spec car from holand?

Is it worth it?

Harry_Boy 10 March 2002 09:24 PM

Hi Dox - when I said mundane, you'd be amazed how mundane.... Fog light covers, dog guard, aero splashguard kit (looks pretty good, actually), bike racks and transverse roof bars. Oh, and some mats.

Dox 11 March 2002 11:18 PM

Hiya HB,

I hit the performance upgrade path today... Considered the full decat exhaust, also looked at PPP. Even thought about a third party ECU upgrade and/or Leda's.

In the end, I went for the "beany" Scooby Doo from the Warner Bros shop in Meadowhall on my way back north. I'm sure that I could feel more of an improvement with Scooby peering out of the rear window than switching to Optimax gave... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sunnies.gif

Dox

Harry_Boy 12 March 2002 08:03 AM

Hi Dox - Sounds like the only sort of upgrade that my Wife will sanction at the moment!! We have a list in my office of exactly how much 'That Bloody Car' has cost. Can't even sneak a full tank of Optimax into it..... ;-)