ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Advice from married people..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/778538-advice-from-married-people.html)

yoza 17 July 2009 06:26 PM

Advice from married people.....

Wedding anniversarys, what do YOU do.

Its my 1st one on Sunday, and need guidance.

Dont want to go 'overboard' as 'overboard' may be then expected each year.

I was thinking the next level up froma card and a MacDonalds drive through.

Cheers.

Midlife...... 17 July 2009 06:28 PM

There are two guides for presents, a traditional and a modern one. I think the first one is paper.....

Shaun

yoza 17 July 2009 06:29 PM

Paper.....excellent.

hodgy0_2 17 July 2009 06:32 PM

keep expectations very very low, thats my advice

My wife, bless ,came from a familly that went major time overboard on xmass, birthdays, anniversaries etc (plus they were quite well off)

well I brought her down to earth, its taken 25 odd years though

njkmrs 17 July 2009 06:41 PM

I usually give her a Good Sorting .Spend a few extra minutes on it you know, to let her know shes still the One !!.

Its kept her happy for the last 20 years anyway .:luvlove:

Maybe a few flowers with the card as well .

Midlife...... 17 July 2009 06:46 PM

Yep...........paper

Wedding Anniversary Gifts

Shaun

tanyatriangles 17 July 2009 06:47 PM

Book on something she's interested in, with an inscription from yourself.
A few flowers and a nice bottle of wine with your evening meal.

Sorted;)

David Lock 17 July 2009 06:49 PM

Card, nice flowers, lunch or dinner out (keep an extra card to hide on the restaurant table).

Job done. dl

yoza 17 July 2009 06:51 PM

Cant wait for 15 years.....watches, brilliant.

So, will the paper off the cheeseburger do as the gift, kind of a double gift in fact.

Nat 17 July 2009 06:54 PM

Get some craft paper and make her a sun dial :cool:

yoza 17 July 2009 06:56 PM

Keep the ideas coming.....she doesnt do books, I dont buy flowers, but I will if its the done thing.

I like the extra card in the restaurant idea.

I have a babysitter lined up.

There is a new bar open within walking distance from her favourite Indian restaurant, I am thinking of going there.

Do I get p1ssed or take it easy, as it is my anniversary too, what do I get, other than a chew?

Sonic' 17 July 2009 07:05 PM

Yoza, you dont really want to be bagging a Babysitter on your wedding aniversary :)

Account deleted by request 17 July 2009 07:13 PM

Meal is always a winner, have a word with the restaurant before and get them to bring out a bottle of something nice and to congratulate you on the 1st year etc when you turn up. Shows some effort has gone in.

Dont get to lashed either ;)

Chop

oh yeah and a rolex :D

PaulC72 17 July 2009 07:31 PM

Just take her out for a nice meal & maybe some flowers :-)

yoza 17 July 2009 07:37 PM

I deffo wont be bagging the baby sitter. :eek:

I may have a chat with the restaraunt owner when I book a table, rather than ringing up I will see him in person.

I dont want the big cake walking through the restaurant type thing though, as that does my head in.....a bit like the three amigoes with the banjos around your table until you tip them to feck awff.

So what have we got, a "couple" of drinks in the new bar, walk to Indian pre-arranged special delivery bottle and card, dont go home a feck the mother inlaw as she wont be there, house to ourselves, get a chew, go to sleep. Sounds OK up to now.

Anymore for anymore.

Account deleted by request 17 July 2009 07:49 PM

Dont forget to remind her in the restaurant that it is customry that she sucks you dry on the 1st wedding anniversary.

Chop :)

Midlife...... 17 July 2009 07:52 PM

as well as the usual I bought a lmited edition print with a nice frame to hang in the kitchen :D

Shaun

yoza 17 July 2009 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by chopper. (Post 8827744)
Dont forget to remind her in the restaurant that it is customry that she sucks you dry on the 1st wedding anniversary.

Chop :)

Sorry....thats what a 'chew' is up here, I have mentioned my 'chew' twice...cheers

Lisawrx 17 July 2009 07:55 PM

I wouldn't bother with flowers, unless she really likes them tbh.

As it's your first anniversary, I would think it would be nice to get her a little something she could keep. Not necessarily something expensive, just a keepsake. Obviously, as I don't know your wife, I can't really suggest what.

I'd go for something that shows you've put some thought in, over just getting something that cost alot.

Will 17 July 2009 07:56 PM

Yoza, take her for a nice meal, and then while you are giving her 1 from behind throw it up

her sh1tter!! Guarenteed it would be the best surprise shed ever had :D

chocolate_o_brian 17 July 2009 07:57 PM

My presents to the Mrs (well fiancee), over the years hav included...
  • A dirty card from Moonpig (took me ages).
  • Spray painting the soon to be repainted living room walls with obscene imagery of what I expected for putting the effort in.
  • Getting a picture of me printed on a t-shirt (which she wears in bed sometimes still...)
And the most recent (5 years, so went all sensible)... we went and did the Ingleton waterfall walk. Took a camera and some sarnies. Was brill, exercise, littel outlay by means of petrol, interesting, good weather.

yoza 17 July 2009 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by mr_impreza (Post 8827764)
Yoza, take her for a nice meal, and then while you are giving her 1 from behind throw it up

her sh1tter!! Guarenteed it would be the best surprise shed ever had :D

I think you have missed a full 5 page thread.

Lisa, a keep sake, good idea.

She has a bangle type think with charms on it, its no a charm bracelet as such, I think its quite fashionable to have about now, but I dont know what they are called.

If I ask what its called I will FAIL.

davyboy 17 July 2009 08:02 PM

Framed newspaper from the wedding day?

Will 17 July 2009 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by yoza (Post 8827776)

Oh yhea sorry i forgot about that thread :lol1:

Lisawrx 17 July 2009 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by yoza (Post 8827776)

Lisa, a keep sake, good idea.

She has a bangle type think with charms on it, its no a charm bracelet as such, I think its quite fashionable to have about now, but I dont know what they are called.

If I ask what its called I will FAIL.

Have a look on here to get an idea of what it looks like

Jewelry Stores - Gold & Silver Jewelry - Designer Jewelry - Links of London, US

It's not cheap, but they seem to have alot of choice, so you might see the type she has. :thumb:

yoza 17 July 2009 08:25 PM

I ve just spoken to my niece who has told me the charm bracelets are called Pandora.

She also mentioned a ring that my wife was left by her Nan...she snuffed it 3 months back, her Nan, not my wife.

It has no stones as they have all fallen out, and its is worthless and ragged, but means more than alot to my wife.
She also has a bracelet set with diamonds that she wont wear, so my niece thinks you can have the bracelet broken down and the stones set in the ring.... give me a minute and I shall take a few snaps of them, maybe someone can say if this can be done.

Thanks up to now, a chew is on the cards... :)

mystery_machine 17 July 2009 08:32 PM

I think that just remembering the anniversary should be enough? I know I never remember ours, which I put down mainly to being a man and old :norty:

StickyMicky 17 July 2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by njkmrs (Post 8827540)
I usually give her a Good Sorting .Spend a few extra minutes on it you know, to let her know shes still the One !!.

Its kept her happy for the last 20 years anyway .:luvlove:

Maybe a few flowers with the card as well .

:lol1:

yoza 17 July 2009 08:56 PM

The ring and bracelet, do you think the bracelet stones can be broken down and reset into the empty ring ?

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/v...7072009657.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/v...7072009667.jpg

thesyn 17 July 2009 08:58 PM

Bottle of Chanel No.5 or Coco (the £70 one not the titchy one) comes gift wrapped and in a great bag, you're home and dry mate :thumb: