ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Need a step by step guide for fitting HDI FMIC (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/777639-need-a-step-by-step-guide-for-fitting-hdi-fmic.html)

M4RKG 13 July 2009 11:35 AM

Need a step by step guide for fitting HDI FMIC

Anyone got one on PDF or know a link that I can follow to get one off the web??

Cheers :thumb:

Smurf2k 13 July 2009 11:50 AM

Hybrid-Power
:luxhello:

M4RKG 13 July 2009 11:59 AM

Aye, emailed them. But they in Oz and will problies still be asleep... was kind of hoping to fit it 2nite.

Cheers for the reply

Beastra 13 July 2009 01:07 PM

You wont fit it in a night, allow at least a full day.

There`s a fitting guide in the technical archive section on here. Should give you an idea of what`s involved.

M4RKG 13 July 2009 01:56 PM

Ah right nice one, cheers mate

Yea thought it would take abit longer than a few hours but wanted to make a start on it 2nite

Ta

Beastra 13 July 2009 03:35 PM

No worries :thumb:

I will be doing this soon so would be good to see how you get on with the fitment.

EddScott 13 July 2009 04:30 PM

Yeah, keep us updated. If my car doesn't sell I'll be getting one too.

M4RKG 13 July 2009 05:37 PM

Right, had a good look at the HDI kit i've got and the Apex (i think??) guide on the technical section on here... and they're totally different kits as far as I can see.

Anyone else got a HDI/Hybrid specific guide that comes with the kit when bought new that they could scan, photo copy, take a photo of, will take anything here like as am gunna struggle to do this with out.

Will defo keep yous updated, might make a proper guide on how to fit nd that with pics etc if cant find a proper one, gunna take me ages as it is so may aswell take some pics as i go

Cheers

Smurf2k 14 July 2009 01:30 PM

You could start by removing your front bumper and radiator and tryin gto mount the intercooler and see if there are any body work mod you need to do, then try routing the pipe work, usually the o\s goes through the inner wing (well on ones I have seen fitted including mine) then offer the bumper up and see what needs cutting away.

I have never fitted one but have had a look at how mine is fitted and this would seem a logiacal way

Turbovin 14 July 2009 11:42 PM

Allow some extra time for rustproofing and painting where you have to cut metal.

M4RKG 15 July 2009 12:52 PM

Sorted, got pdf file from HDI to print out... seems canny straight forward like.

If anyone else is after one jus lemme know

M4RKG 15 July 2009 12:53 PM

Whats the best way to rust proof??

Smurf2k 16 July 2009 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by M4RKG (Post 8822844)
Whats the best way to rust proof??

I would say make sure its cleaned and dried and salt free. Then either prime and paint or use underseal if its not visable and you need a cheaper \ easier option.