ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Torchwood (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/776623-torchwood.html)

Milamber 07 July 2009 09:07 PM

Torchwood

it's back on and last nights was pretty good. Very dark this time around :eek:

kingofturds 07 July 2009 09:29 PM

I think the whole series is utter drivel, if this is BBC high brow entertainment, I'd hate to see their bad stuff.

Milamber 07 July 2009 09:31 PM

see your point but a bit of escapism makes the night pass quickly :D

n one 07 July 2009 09:33 PM

I think it`s rather average but tonights episode might have picked up the pace a little. Hopefully :)

Spooky Mulder 07 July 2009 09:36 PM

Derivative and far too long.

Obvious steals from Contact, Midwich Cuckoos, Terminator to name just three of many.

The Welsh bird is OK but not that special - we need Confessions of Billie Piper to spice it up a bit ;)

kingofturds 07 July 2009 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Spooky Mulder (Post 8808785)
Derivative and far too long.

Obvious steals from Contact, Midwich Cuckoos, Terminator to name just three of many.

The Welsh bird is OK but not that special - we need Confessions of Billie Piper to spice it up a bit ;)

They even knicked some catchphrases out of Gavin and Stacey last night, talk about scraping the barrel:lol1:

mart360 08 July 2009 12:33 AM

So far,

Invasion of the body snatchers

First contact

not bad

Apart from the obvious continuity errors, and the shrinking cell

Mart

jasey 08 July 2009 07:47 AM

Sorry - I fell asleep half way through the first one.

Did it get any better - Last bit I remember was when fat side kick was talking to his Mum in Wales about how he was a poof :sleep:

Milamber 08 July 2009 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by jasey (Post 8809311)
Sorry - I fell asleep half way through the first one.

Did it get any better - Last bit I remember was when fat side kick was talking to his Mum in Wales about how he was a poof :sleep:

It was his sister, he finally confided to her that he was having agay fling with Captain Jack and made her promise not to tell anyone....

then in walks her husband and says" hello bender, I hear you take it up the ar$e now then" :lol1::lol1: Classic.

StickyMicky 08 July 2009 05:38 PM

Upon watching the first one i commentated to the missus that it felt wrong, stuffy and the pacing was off compared to a normal episode, but i had forgotten that it was being split down in 5 x 1 hour episodes.

Last nights was a bit better IMO

jasey 09 July 2009 09:08 AM

Well - stuck with it - watched 2 more episodes last night.

Definitely getting better.

May even watch the last two now :thumb:

Milamber 09 July 2009 12:57 PM

missed last nights, wathced the new Johnny Depp flick. Downloaded Torchwood via iplayer and will have a double bill tonight.

domino555 09 July 2009 01:12 PM

Torchwood is so lame its unbelievable

jasey 09 July 2009 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by domino555 (Post 8811957)
Torchwood is so lame its unbelievable

It's not a documentary ;)

Nat 10 July 2009 09:26 PM

Just watching it tonight first time.

So what super powers/hold over us do the aliens have that means we have to give them all our kids?

Why is the world gonna end?

Milamber 10 July 2009 09:28 PM

I missed Wednesdays so watched that on Thursday, now I'm watching Thursdays on Friday :brickwall

Clarebabes 10 July 2009 09:41 PM

Nat, if you want it explaining, go and watch it on i-player :D

hodgy0_2 10 July 2009 09:46 PM

an anagram of doctor who dontcha know

Nat 10 July 2009 10:00 PM

I'm glad i only watched tonights.

Luminous 10 July 2009 10:00 PM

I just tried watching this drivel again. I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can enjoy watching it :( Its truly terrible, I simply cannot find any redeeming features in the program at all :cry:

Ah well, at least Clint is on later tonight. His stuff may be old, but it can still show Torchwood into its grave.

Jaybird-UK 11 July 2009 08:04 AM

well I loved it, really well written. well done BBC

Nat 11 July 2009 04:32 PM

Just thinking now, it's absolute crap isn't it.

Dr Who is just as silly but it's GOOD because the Dr is a lovable character and played so well by the various characters who have been him. Same goes for his assistants.

But Torchwood has no good central character. Captain Jack is a utter bell end and John Barrowman is a pissy little upstart of an actor. He's even managed to make them portray Captain Jack as a gayer just because he is himself and it suited his huge ego :rolleyes: None of the female characters are strong or real enough to be likable either.

That's why Dr Who is the shizzle and Torchwood is just sh1t.

davyboy 11 July 2009 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8816003)
He's even managed to make them portray Captain Jack as a gayer just because he is himself

I think you'll find the director was responsible for that.

Nat 11 July 2009 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 8816608)
I think you'll find the director was responsible for that.

Or even the writer, if you're gonna go down that route ;)

Anyway, no way, he imposed his big gay ego on the program and demanded some man love action in the script. His character being gay does not fit in with the rest of the show at all :lol1:

FlightMan 11 July 2009 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8816003)
Just thinking now, it's absolute crap isn't it.

Dr Who is just as silly but it's GOOD because the Dr is a lovable character and played so well by the various characters who have been him. Same goes for his assistants.

But Torchwood has no good central character. Captain Jack is a utter bell end and John Barrowman is a pissy little upstart of an actor. He's even managed to make them portray Captain Jack as a gayer just because he is himself and it suited his huge ego :rolleyes: None of the female characters are strong or real enough to be likable either.

That's why Dr Who is the shizzle and Torchwood is just sh1t.

This from the man who thinks Total Wipeout is "must see TV"

Nat 11 July 2009 10:32 PM

Total Wipeout is perfect Sat night silly telly.

Epic fails + fit bird + hammond for the wimmins to coo at makes it an all-round winner.

davyboy 11 July 2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8816617)
Or even the writer, if you're gonna go down that route ;)

I've never seen the writer interviewed on TV, but the director was gayer than Borrowman.

...so that was the route I was taking.

Nat 11 July 2009 10:38 PM

They're in it together then to gay up our telly the silly soft sods :(

richieh 12 July 2009 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8816673)
They're in it together then to gay up our telly the silly soft sods :(

The lady doth protest too much, methinks:lol::D
cheers richie

StickyMicky 12 July 2009 11:11 AM

Missed the last episode doh!