ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   iphone 3gs (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/776069-iphone-3gs.html)

scooby1doo1 05 July 2009 12:42 AM

iphone 3gs

Is there a free app for watching vids, I go on zedge.net and download vids but when i go on itunes it dont put in video, when i down load ring tones it does.

Can any 1 help here cheers.

Markus 06 July 2009 02:16 AM

The problem is that the files from zedge are 3gp encoded and the iPhone does not play 3gp encoded video. iTunes can play the file as it'll be using QuickTime and QuickTime will play 3gp files.

What you'll need to do is convert the file into a format the iPhone will play, m4v is probably the one to go for. You might want to have a look at this app which should allow you convert the files into an iPhone friendly format.

scooby1doo1 06 July 2009 12:11 PM

cheers for that downloaded converted but still dont no how to play from iphone or even get to iphone.

boxst 06 July 2009 12:29 PM

You need to drag the video to 'movies' in iTunes, then when you sync your phone they will be copied across.

Steve

scooby1doo1 06 July 2009 09:57 PM

I dont believe it what a plonker, comes up rented movies under that tv shows then scroll down and it there movies. Live and learn

cheers for your help.

Hanley 07 July 2009 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by scooby1doo1 (Post 8806701)
I dont believe it what a plonker, comes up rented movies under that tv shows then scroll down and it there movies. Live and learn

cheers for your help.

You're not the first mate, I spent 2 days trying to figure out why movies weren't syncing on my iPhone.

I then noticed the scroll bar to the right and saw the Movies section.

:iamwithst

scooby1doo1 07 July 2009 08:47 AM

I have i nother prob, i have a video downloaded but how do i play it.
I'm going to ipod click on video and nothing:wonder:

:iamwithst again.

Hanley 07 July 2009 10:27 AM

Mine appears under Videos in the iPod

scooby1doo1 07 July 2009 09:27 PM

can get free movies, tv shows from itunes but was looking at downloading from youtube to itunes then to iphone.

Devildog 08 July 2009 11:43 AM

Open Itunes

Under Library, click on movies

Click on "file" and select "add file to library"

You should see the movie file in itunes

click once on the movie file to highlight it and then click on "advanced" and select "create ipod or iphone version"

you will see the conversion progress in the status bar

Once converted sync that version to your iphone/ipod

job done

Hanley 08 July 2009 01:34 PM

Or use the new purplera1n jailbreak, I just used it on my 3GS and I've installed MxTube which lets you download the video from YouTube to watch later.

Markus 08 July 2009 01:52 PM

Have you got your ECID file yet? If not then I'd do that. The box on the purplera1n page to enter it is somewhat obscure to say the least :D

Info on how to do this can be found here.

Hanley 08 July 2009 02:47 PM

Cheers Markus

I'll do that when I get home

:)

scooby1doo1 08 July 2009 09:06 PM

:luxhello: I have done it did what the geek in the vid said.

YouTube - How To: Download youtube videos and movies

Cheers for all your help.:thumb: