ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   scooby newbie need help with my exhaust (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/776065-scooby-newbie-need-help-with-my-exhaust.html)

scoobykane 05 July 2009 12:06 AM

scooby newbie need help with my exhaust

Hello people im Kane apprentice mechanic from Cardiff area, and i want to get involved in the meets, i have a 05 blobeye scooby GX yes i know its a GX but i cant aford the insurance for a wrx or sti becouse im so young

I need some help with my exhaust its standard exhaust but it has a hayward and scott backbox and it just dont sound like a scooby should
what the best thing to do so it sound deep burble popping and very loud:)
thanks Kane:thumb:

wrx287 05 July 2009 11:25 AM

If your in Cardiff pop down and see Charlie at Prospeed. He is probably the best exhaust manufacturer in the uk. Never heard a bad word about him. Or give him a ring on 02920 461444. He can make an exhaust sound exactly how you want it:thumb:

wrxgreen 05 July 2009 12:32 PM

look out for a nice center section sould make a nice difference :thumb:

DannyBoy007 05 July 2009 05:54 PM

You need to change the headers for an un-equal set to get the burble. I beleive Borla in the states do them but I'm sure you can get them over here now.

Scooby MAD has a set on his sport and sound mint

Silver Scooby Sport 05 July 2009 05:58 PM

That's right Dan, Borla will give you the burble your looking for.

Spend some time on www.imprezasport.net as well it's a wealth of n/a information :thumb:

scoobykane 05 July 2009 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by wrx287 (Post 8803515)
If your in Cardiff pop down and see Charlie at Prospeed. He is probably the best exhaust manufacturer in the uk. Never heard a bad word about him. Or give him a ring on 02920 461444. He can make an exhaust sound exactly how you want it:thumb:

yeah one of the boys in work said they are good thanks for the help

ScoobyNudge 06 July 2009 10:03 AM

welcome buddy! nur spec u want lol loud as truck!

andy s900byo 06 July 2009 07:55 PM

prospeed were wrx 287 said

Antony@indigo-gt 06 July 2009 09:37 PM

Have to agree Charlie does all the custom work on my cars :)

Nolan_WRX 06 July 2009 10:10 PM

Put a borla manifold on it (the ebay ones are just as good, used on mine and is still going 4yrs later) and it will sound great, loads of burble.
couldnt belive the difference when i did my sport sounded awsome. :thumb:

Then you can go onto de-resonated center pipe and then removing the cats and then a different back box if its still not loud enough

Just found a vid i made a few years ago, was bored and popped down to the shop lol, think this was with de-cat, borla type manifold and i think a ninja back box, or it might have been a prodrive back box, cant remember for sure :wonder:
MOV00009.flv video by scooby_nolan - Photobucket

scoobykane 07 July 2009 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nolan_WRX (Post 8806745)
Put a borla manifold on it (the ebay ones are just as good, used on mine and is still going 4yrs later) and it will sound great, loads of burble.
couldnt belive the difference when i did my sport sounded awsome. :thumb:

Then you can go onto de-resonated center pipe and then removing the cats and then a different back box if its still not loud enough

Just found a vid i made a few years ago, was bored and popped down to the shop lol, think this was with de-cat, borla type manifold and i think a ninja back box, or it might have been a prodrive back box, cant remember for sure :wonder:
MOV00009.flv video by scooby_nolan - Photobucket

your scooby sound mint m8!!!, how much did you pay for the borla manifold

Nolan_WRX 09 July 2009 10:12 PM

cheers mate, I cant remember £150ish?, there used to be loads on ebay but ony one i could find recently for 250 odd.
well worth it imo, have a look to see if you can get a genuine borla for that price tho.