ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cancel SKY HD - lose PVR? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/773688-cancel-sky-hd-lose-pvr.html)

Diesel 22 June 2009 04:26 PM

Cancel SKY HD - lose PVR?

I'm going to go Freesat with a HD PVR box soon so need to cancel SKY HD and save £35 a month - had it since it launched and just make so little use of it. The upscaling and HDMI output is good to have though.

I know they will block the HD channels and all other subscription channels, but will they sneakily kill my PVR recording hardware function too?

Cheers

D

Jamz3k 22 June 2009 04:33 PM

yep, they certainly will fella.

Dedrater 22 June 2009 06:19 PM

If you remove the card before your subscription ends, then unplug and leave it off for a couple of months, allegedly it misses the "disable recording" command

Diesel 22 June 2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 8779897)
yep, they certainly will fella.

That kinda seals the deal then as HDD prog recording is now a pretty standard and a HARDWARE based function - and I paid 'em £299 for said hardware already!

Crooks! (or 'entrepreneurs' ;)? )

D.

Diesel 22 June 2009 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 8780103)
If you remove the card before your subscription ends, then unplug and leave it off for a couple of months, allegedly it misses the "disable recording" command

Does that come down the phoneline mate - or via the sat?

D

Jamz3k 22 June 2009 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 8780224)
That kinda seals the deal then as HDD prog recording is now a pretty standard and a HARDWARE based function - and I paid 'em £299 for said hardware already!

Crooks! (or 'entrepreneurs' ;)? )

D.

Being an ex-employee, i rather tend to think of them as a "very objectionable organisation" :thumb:

-----Edited by webteam---

Dedrater 22 June 2009 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 8780254)
Does that come down the phoneline mate - or via the sat?

D

No idea sorry, but if Sky had there own way it would be by sending a few guys round to kick your door down.

I would imagine it would be via the sat though, I think I read it on AV forums, might be worth a post on there.

chocolate_o_brian 22 June 2009 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 8781053)
Being an ex-employee, i rather tend to think of them as *****

and you were "once upon a time" trying to get me to sign up with them doing the same job you did :eek: glad I didn't bother... grass isn't always greener my friend.

---Edited by webteam--

Diesel 23 June 2009 10:03 AM

Tell it like it is J!!!!!!!!

Leslie 23 June 2009 10:36 AM

Just unplug the phone line, I have not plugged mine in yet since i had it installed.

Les :)

Diesel 23 June 2009 10:47 AM

Damn right L! The phone line is connected to the camera hiden in the box isnt it (or is it just me utterly paranoid:freak3:;))

D

JDM_Stig 23 June 2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 8781437)
Damn right L! The phone line is connected to the camera hidden in the box isnt it (or is it just me utterly paranoid:freak3:;))

D

Isnt the camera in those magic eye things you all install in your bedrooms?

Jamz3k 23 June 2009 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8781083)
and you were "once upon a time" trying to get me to sign up with them doing the same job you did :eek: glad I didn't bother... grass isn't always greener my friend.

---Edited by webteam--

Talk about throwing a good deed up on someones face!:lol1: You are right thou, at the time i was making a very handsome amount of money but all good things must come to an end.:Whatever_

chocolate_o_brian 23 June 2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 8782055)
Talk about throwing a good deed up on someones face!:lol1: You are right thou, at the time i was making a very handsome amount of money but all good things must come to an end.:Whatever_

Anything going currently then Jamesy bob?

Jamz3k 23 June 2009 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8782059)
Anything going currently then Jamesy bob?

nay:(