ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Driving Roads (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/773657-driving-roads.html)

Azz230988 22 June 2009 12:23 PM

Driving Roads

On saturday took the scooby down to whitby and the road in and out was a terrific drive, no pictures unfortunately but high in the hills with a full view of the road ahead and long straights!
This got me thinking :wonder: i need to make my first visit to the Evo triangle, when searching for a map of it on the Net i came across this website that i thought was great:

Driving Roads - Driving Roads For Driving Enthusiasts

As the address suggests it is a website of good driving roads.

So does anyone else have any recommendations for good driving roads in the uk? :top:

dunx 22 June 2009 12:28 PM

Leeds to Kielder, straight up the Peninnes.... via Tan Hill Pub, takes all day and two tanks of fuel, (maybe three !) but avoid tourists, very early start or later in the year.

I love the run into Kielder Forest itself.

dunx

wrx287 22 June 2009 01:30 PM

A trip up the Elan Valley in Mid Wales is a must. Especially the Mountain road to Aberystwyth which is used by Evo magazine for their Car of the year tests:norty::norty:

redwards 22 June 2009 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Azz230988 (Post 8779574)
On saturday took the scooby down to whitby and the road in and out was a terrific drive, no pictures unfortunately but high in the hills with a full view of the road ahead and long straights!
This got me thinking :wonder: i need to make my first visit to the Evo triangle, when searching for a map of it on the Net i came across this website that i thought was great:

Driving Roads - Driving Roads For Driving Enthusiasts

As the address suggests it is a website of good driving roads.

So does anyone else have any recommendations for good driving roads in the uk? :top:

I can recommend the EVO Triangle:thumb: Also the mountains roads in mid wales as mentioned above.

Here's some vids, North Wales is the Evo triangle and twin lakes. SWS are the roads in mid wales

YouTube - rsedwards08's Channel

chrisdicko 23 June 2009 02:32 AM

Can't beat the roads round sunny Whitby!

I guess it was on the A169 towards Pickering?

Azz230988 23 June 2009 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by chrisdicko (Post 8781172)
Can't beat the roads round sunny Whitby!

I guess it was on the A169 towards Pickering?

:thumb: That's the one! Had some fun on there, me and a Z4 in front utilising the straights to get passed the coaches full of old dears and having a blast round the bends! :norty:
The hidden dips are extreme though, you think the road is fine ahead of you then you come over and all of a sudden there's a twenty percent gradient to sharp bend over a bridge!
I'm definately going to have to go back there soon, night drive me thinks, nice and clear that way!!

chrisdicko 23 June 2009 11:20 AM

Yeah, they are fun! :thumb:

Jamz_ 23 June 2009 11:27 AM

lol thats my website ;)