ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Pensioners beaten for clipping a wing mirror.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/773001-pensioners-beaten-for-clipping-a-wing-mirror.html)

Petem95 18 June 2009 09:02 PM

Pensioners beaten for clipping a wing mirror....

Pictured: The pensioners battered to a pulp by four men for clipping another car's wing mirror | Mail Online

FFS! this country needs sorting out! I guess the guy should have stopped and said sorry, rather than carry on driving, but even so there is no excuse for that sort of response :mad:

FlightMan 18 June 2009 09:03 PM

I'm so glad I don't live in Bradford. It's in the news a lot recently isn't it.

JonMc 18 June 2009 09:06 PM

That is appalling, the things that get people wound up these days are ridiculous, maybe everyone is too stressed and they just need to reduce the pace of their life and chill:?

gallois 18 June 2009 09:10 PM

the police are satisfied it wasn't racially motivated. wonder if 4 white guys beating up an asian oap couple would be classed a racially motivated, course it fcuking would?

chocolate_o_brian 18 June 2009 09:10 PM

I do feel for the poor sods this happened too, but why didn't they stop after "brushing" the other car to check for damage? It's a legal requirement and the old boy knew he'd done it :wonder: Obviously doesn't give reason to batter 2 pensioners though - that is shameful behaviour by 4 men with no apparent morals :nono:

The Dogs B******s 18 June 2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by gallois (Post 8773338)
the police are satisfied it wasn't racially motivated. wonder if 4 white guys beating up an asian oap couple would be classed a racially motivated, course it fcuking would?

True

Petem95 18 June 2009 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 8773311)
I'm so glad I don't live in Bradford. It's in the news a lot recently isn't it.

Yep, I wouldn't go near the place. UK capital for staged car accidents amongst other things (ie 5 people in a car slam on their brakes for no-reason and hope you go into the back of them...)

tanyatriangles 18 June 2009 09:21 PM

Careful all, careful, you slag off Bradford, you run the risk of being labelled racist;)

dpb 18 June 2009 09:24 PM

You can never be sure with the daily mash or any of our darling red tops

on the face oif it all parties should be prosecuted

cster 18 June 2009 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles (Post 8773381)
Careful all, careful, you slag off Bradford, you run the risk of being labelled racist;)

I don't think they would be that bothered:thumb:

The Dogs B******s 18 June 2009 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles (Post 8773381)

Only one thing wrong with Bradford,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Everything

Leslie 19 June 2009 03:17 PM

That is an awful tale. I hope that somehow they can catch the attackers.

What on earth is happening in this country now that so many no longer have have any respect for others and in lots of cases for a life either! What makes them so violent and likely to cause so much injury and pain to other for what after all is a very minor occurrence! Yes he should have stopped COB, but I can understand why he did not, and also how can that possibly excuse their vicious actions?

Les

chocolate_o_brian 19 June 2009 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8774704)
That is an awful tale. I hope that somehow they can catch the attackers.

What on earth is happening in this country now that so many no longer have have any respect for others and in lots of cases for a life either! What makes them so violent and likely to cause so much injury and pain to other for what after all is a very minor occurrence! Yes he should have stopped COB, but I can understand why he did not, and also how can that possibly excuse their vicious actions?

Les

It doesn't and nor did I suggest that it did. READ MY POST. :rolleyes:

mrtheedge2u2 19 June 2009 03:50 PM

I lived in Bradford for three years whilst at uni..... what a soddin dump.. If I could I would blow the whole place up and at least 95% of the people who live there.

Leslie 19 June 2009 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8774734)
It doesn't and nor did I suggest that it did. READ MY POST. :rolleyes:

Yes I know you did not suggest it and did not mean to infer that. I did not write it as I actually meant to-my mistake!

Les

angrynorth 19 June 2009 04:08 PM

So many comments on there worthy of spEak You’re bRanes

A terrible incident clearly, but the usual veiled racism always seeps in somewhere from the Daily Fail and it's legion of empty headed letter-writing-fist-shakers.

kingofturds 19 June 2009 04:21 PM

Good thing racism only works one way:) They were probably pissed that the old codger only caught the mirror and not rear ended them for a big juicy insurance claim.