ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   O2 Broadband Pro (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/772013-o2-broadband-pro.html)

mad555 13 June 2009 07:48 PM

O2 Broadband Pro

As per title,anyone using this and how good is it?
TIA

EVOVI 14 June 2009 12:13 PM

I changed to premium last month and have to say(touch wood) it is great. I got all the hardware the next day after placing the order and the switch over was done on the day advised. If you are an O2 customer you get texts telling you the latest status.
I have halved my monthly costs and doubled the speed both upload and download..

James Neill 14 June 2009 08:21 PM

o2 broadband runs on the same network as Be. I've had no trouble with Be at all. Great ISP and service.

ChefDude 15 June 2009 07:39 AM

on the speed tests, my o2 pro broadband is always listed as Be - wondered about that.

good service though.

Have a decent modem and wifi G router to plug in though :)

Geezer 15 June 2009 03:19 PM

Well, I have been looking at this, and I think I'm gonna plump for BE Unlimited at £17.50 a month. I loked at O2 Pro, and it didn't really give me anything more than the BE one £5 more.

OK, you get a whizzy N Router, but I don't have any other N kit!

Geezer

mad555 15 June 2009 05:09 PM

O2 wireless box III

Our new wireless box III is available exclusively on our Pro package and supports the new wireless N technology which provides improved coverage compared to wireless routers based on the 802.11g standard.

Note: O2 wireless box III requires n enabled laptop and WPA security enabled to obtain performance improvements.

Please consult your laptop manufacturers user guide to see if it supports 802.11n wireless technology

Take it the PS3 supports N??.Where can I check what is the maximum speed I will get in my area??

ChefDude 15 June 2009 05:22 PM

my O2 box says WEP 64bit... it's 2 weeks old though.

Geezer 16 June 2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mad555 (Post 8766854)
O2 wireless box III

Our new wireless box III is available exclusively on our Pro package and supports the new wireless N technology which provides improved coverage compared to wireless routers based on the 802.11g standard.

Note: O2 wireless box III requires n enabled laptop and WPA security enabled to obtain performance improvements.

Please consult your laptop manufacturers user guide to see if it supports 802.11n wireless technology

Take it the PS3 supports N??.Where can I check what is the maximum speed I will get in my area??

PS3 is G. I wouldn't imagine that will be aproblem though, as most routers are backwards compatible, usually have a setting to do N only, or N, G & B, which is what you will need.

Geezer

Geezer

ChefDude 16 June 2009 04:34 PM

btw, my O2 wireless box lasted precisely 2 weeks and it's busted now.

:rolleyes: