ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cancel Your Three Contract early... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/769482-cancel-your-three-contract-early.html)

Semper 01 June 2009 04:52 PM

Cancel Your Three Contract early...

I'm sure I'm not the only one cheesed off with the support from Three mobile service.

Three have just changed their T&Cs to remove the Three Like Home service. It makes you able to cancel your contract (30 days notice) if you're locked in. I've actually used the service so it was easy for me.

Just say you're moving to Ireland or Oz or Italy (somewhere with Three network) in July and bish bash bosh!

Apologies if it's SIAL but might be of use to some folk!

3 Like Home - 3 squirm as customers cancel contracts | BitterWallet

scoobyvirgin 01 June 2009 05:24 PM

Have you actually cancelled your contract then?

Semper 01 June 2009 05:25 PM

Yup. Done. With 10 months to go. Lad at work did it with 8 months to go too! WOOHOO. Got my PAC about 5 mins ago.

They're obviously quite pushy about you not cancelling. Offer you £10/£20...but I was just straight with them. Didn't want to hear any nonsense.

Diesel_DC 01 June 2009 08:29 PM

This thread is music to my ears, went onto 3 in November and have hated it ever since, call to customer services tomorrow:mad:

scoobyvirgin 01 June 2009 08:38 PM

Will see how long i've got left on mine and prob do the same. Must be cheaper deals around now.

Semper 01 June 2009 09:05 PM

Do it, stick to your guns, they can be quite pushy...

PaulC72 01 June 2009 09:49 PM

I suppose everyone cannot be happy with them, we have been with them 4 years and not had any real problems.
Apart from being in India the call centre people always try to help.

JonMc 01 June 2009 10:11 PM

I'm off overseas for six months so this is music to my ears. I'll be on the phone to cancel my mobile broadband and my phone soon:D

Terminator X 01 June 2009 11:29 PM

Cheeky feckers added £1 to my bill for sending paper statements ... didn't even ask if I was OK with it or give me the chance to cancel :mad: I'll cancel tomorrow if I can :)

TX.

windyboy 02 June 2009 01:27 PM

mine runs out in August and i was told that if I cancelled it i would have to pay the remaining months line rental.

[goes to read the article now]

windyboy

Diesel_DC 03 June 2009 10:12 PM

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Called them today, 45 mins later all cancelled :D

Still had 12 months to go as well :cool:

cookstar 03 June 2009 10:39 PM

So those with much of their contract to go, have basically ended up with a free phone out of it. :)

Good, I had a three contract years ago, would never go near them again, does anyone remember those phones that three launched with, the video call ones, you could record for a whole 12 seconds as well. :cool: Weighed a tonne, had a stupidly small battery life. But they were so so cool at the time.

http://www.polyphonicwizard.com/phonepics/nece606.jpg

Anyone else have one of these back in the day?

Semper 03 June 2009 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by S600B_DC (Post 8743598)
:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Called them today, 45 mins later all cancelled :D

Still had 12 months to go as well :cool:

Pleased it worked for you!

JonMc 03 June 2009 11:54 PM

cancelled today, 5-months left, but I am out of the country so I don't need a phone for the next 6-months. Another £180 saved for mods:D

Semper 04 June 2009 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 8743859)
cancelled today, 5-months left, but I am out of the country so I don't need a phone for the next 6-months. Another £180 saved for mods:D

Feel free to paypal me half of the savings...YEY

givemeyourmoney@robbingbstard.com

:)

JonMc 04 June 2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Semper (Post 8743963)
Feel free to paypal me half of the savings...YEY

givemeyourmoney@robbingbstard.com

I see you have managed to clone 3's email address:D