ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Britains got talent.... set up? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/769072-britains-got-talent-set-up.html)

salsa-king 30 May 2009 08:41 AM

Britains got talent.... set up?

come on, who else thought the precocious 8yr old looked like a set up last night, pushy mum on hand, forced tears, stamping foot, hands to mouth etc etc.

It can't be just me thinking it.

davyboy 30 May 2009 09:00 AM

I voted for the gays to take votes away from her.

They kept saying how brave she was etc...what a crock.

I hope she crys again tonight....and her pushy mum too.

FlightMan 30 May 2009 09:14 AM

Is anyone actually watching this cr@p? :cuckoo:

Jamz3k 30 May 2009 09:50 AM

my other half loves it, i can't cope with it. How anything that was shown last night deserves to be on the Royal Variety Show is beyond me. That wee girlfriend was faking it in my opinion.

Will 30 May 2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 8734149)
Is anyone actually watching this cr@p? :cuckoo:

Not me, i would rather shave my ass crack with a broken bottle!

MikeCardiff 30 May 2009 10:06 AM

Did seem a bit like an act she had learned at stage school - lesson 8 : how to cry on demand and make everyone feel sorry for you.

SiPie 30 May 2009 10:23 AM

Hope one of the dance troops win it ....

Rather than some feckin manic, flowery frock wearing, warbling, Jim Baxter lookalike.

Nat 30 May 2009 10:34 AM

That little girls mum has got PUSHY PARENT written all over her :(

Lee247 30 May 2009 10:40 AM

She was a brat and did not deserve to get through. I did not see any tears, all the motions of crying but no tears. Not being harsh, but she played to Judges to a "t" :mad:

Nat 30 May 2009 10:42 AM

Yeah, NO TEARS FAKER OUT OUT OUT :D

how uncomfortable did dec look though when it was left to him to console her :lol1:

ALi-B 30 May 2009 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8734224)
That little girls mum has got PUSHY PARENT written all over her :(

A British Britney Spears in the making :(

Kuohu 30 May 2009 10:59 AM

Honestly what a heartless bunch! How on earth could she have faked that, the poor wee thing was in bits. Mind you, she'll have to break down in tears again tonight if she wants to win.

LG John 30 May 2009 11:03 AM

how uncomfortable did dec look though when it was left to him to console her
Yeah I noticed that too but it's probably a result of modern society. When I was a lad if a kid fell and skinned his or her knee then pretty much any adult in the street would comfort said child and probably walk him/her back to his/her parents house. Nowadays, if you even go near the kid you'll be in the morning edition of the Sun/Record with the headline "Beast" above your picture. I'm 30yo and 100% comfortable with children who's parents I know however, I'm sh*t scared of any kid in the street or that I don't know and give them a very wide berth.

Poor Dec probably didn't know how to act. If he does nothing he's heartless, but if he gets too close and cuddles her he's a kid fiddler. God I hate society.

SiPie 30 May 2009 11:14 AM

Forget all the little girl nonsense... :)

What about Susan Boyle really being Jim Baxter (RIP)....??

Check out around 1.02 onwards in this video of the legend :lol1:

YouTube - Jim Baxter the partys over

garetgax 30 May 2009 11:21 AM

She shouldnt have got a second chance imho. Its not fair on the other acts etc. If your in the ( and i use the word very loosly ) competition then its meant to be a level playing field the girl band the day before screwed a line up they didnt get to do it again etc. Most of the acts through this year afre appalling with the exception of a few. Probably is fixed.

J4CKO 30 May 2009 11:24 AM

Last year a podgy, slightly dopey bloke who could sing a bit won, this year its a podgy, slightly dopier woman who can sing a bit looking favourite. I kind of like the fact that talented, borederline tards can win rather than pretty little things but it needs some variety as Liz will get sick of idiot savant singers.

Jamo 30 May 2009 11:55 AM

the young dancer won last year, the fat opera singing telephone sales bloke won 2 years ago :)

hodgy0_2 30 May 2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by mr_impreza (Post 8734189)
Not me, i would rather shave my ass crack with a broken bottle!

if you don't just stick it on youtube --- some people would pay good money to see that

Tenby 30 May 2009 01:25 PM

i'd vote for that!

J4CKO 30 May 2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973 (Post 8734317)
the young dancer won last year, the fat opera singing telephone sales bloke won 2 years ago :)

Ah, yes, remember now, not that big a fan of it tbh, I do like the mutants at the start though.

David Lock 30 May 2009 05:27 PM

I heard there are a lot of curtain shops getting excited and digging out their old 60s and 70s stuff as Susan Boyle will be buying material for her sexy outfit for tonight :D

dl

Lee247 30 May 2009 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kuohu (Post 8734249)
Honestly what a heartless bunch! How on earth could she have faked that, the poor wee thing was in bits. Mind you, she'll have to break down in tears again tonight if she wants to win.

:lol1: Being a Mum, I can spot all these little tricks to get their own way.

yoza 30 May 2009 05:57 PM

I dont watch Britains Got Talent, but I did watch the last Pop Idol, I decided quite early on that I didnt like Simon Cowell.......then he completely redeemed himself..

A man with a great taste and panache...two Breitlings, say no more.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/v...mon-cowell.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/v...bin/cowell.jpg

PG 30 May 2009 06:06 PM

For such a wee lass, what a feckin' pair of listeners! Did you see the size of her lobes?! Freaky!
They belonged on an elephant!

Prasius 30 May 2009 06:53 PM

I laughed my arse off when she started blubbering.. TV Gold.. it does suck for everyone else she got a second chance, plus, what sort of screwed up parent would put their kids into that sort of situation in the first place?

As long as that annoying scottish bint doesn't win, I'm not too fussed.

Lee247 30 May 2009 06:57 PM

Flawless :eek2: Amazing

hutton_d 30 May 2009 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 8734229)
She was a brat and did not deserve to get through. I did not see any tears, all the motions of crying but no tears. Not being harsh, but she played to Judges to a "t" :mad:

On the tears bit - my son NEVER sheds tears (he's just about to turn 5). Not from the day he was born. Cried often enough but never tears ....

Just thought I'd mention it .... :D And I did see last night as the wife had to have it on ....

Dave

Lisawrx 30 May 2009 08:30 PM

Missed the first 4 acts, but from what I did see, Diversity were amazing. :thumb:

It has to be said though, Stavros Flateley were cool. They are so likable, and just make me smile. :)

Kuohu 30 May 2009 09:10 PM

Looking at the odds, it's between Susan Boyle (1.8), Diversity (4.2) and Stavros Flatley (9.8).

I'd like to see Stavros Flatley win. Boyle will go on to earn more than 100k and perform at places better than the Royal Variety. Simon has probably got her signed up already.

Hanley 30 May 2009 09:59 PM

Glad Susan Boyle didn't win :)