ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   new here, how do you join ESC (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/767705-new-here-how-do-you-join-esc.html)

scoobyed 22 May 2009 10:35 PM

new here, how do you join ESC

Hi all
I am new here, have recently bought a 53 plate WRX and have been busy ordering and fitting bits to it. I didnt realise there was an essex branch to scoobynet until i stumbled across it in another thread. So how do you become a member of ESC ???? BTW i live in SWF, are there any other members in same place, i have seen a couple of nice scoobys around the town.
Ed

mikef04 22 May 2009 10:45 PM

you have to do nothing mate, can get the badge thing fromn the subscriptions thing

53 22 May 2009 10:47 PM

A 53WRX you say:norty::D

Welcome mate, get a subscription and then yourself to a meet. :thumb:

Budgie 22 May 2009 10:48 PM

i hope you like lamb;)
welcome to the fold fella:D
btw if swf is near the lodge
its a thursday night you need:thumb:

WRX_Dazza 22 May 2009 10:53 PM

blimey budgemeister, you missed a chance of deflecting someone towards the MSOC posse !!! (or couple as we know them)!!! :)

must be getting soft in your advancing years.....

if mags could see you now :) hahaahahhah

welcome scoobyed, scan about the essex section and you'll soon see whats what!! :)

basically the easiest way is to go up to anyone at a meet and say "im Ed, a newbie" and shake hands with them, thats the best way. dont sit in your car in the corner of carpark, like we have all done in the past!!! :)

enjoy it, great club, and the best people :)

scoobyed 22 May 2009 11:22 PM

Thanks for the replies, i am officially a computer numpty, for a subscription do i subscribe full to scooby net ie premium membership or is it a different subscription?? Will get myself along to a meet and say hello, is the lodge a weekly thing??? I have read somewhere about pink t-shirts, i am not sure that is really my colour LOL????

FLAT ERIC 22 May 2009 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyed (Post 8720401)
So how do you become a member of ESC ???? Ed

Hi Ed

You need this SIDC link first to join the SIDC which gets you VIP parking & reduced entry into some good shows during the year as well as offering track days if your into that. The ESC is the Essex branch of the SIDC.

The Premier membership at the top just gets you extra privileges on this site (ScoobyNet). The site itself is free for a basic user.

To get this http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...badges/esc.gif under your name you need to :-

Click on User CP at top left of the page
Scroll down to Paid Subscriptions & Click
Find Essex Scooby Crew Badge & Click drop down box to order.

Jobs as good un. :thumb:

The Lodge is the 3rd Thursday of every month.

More about events & PINK shirts CLICK HERE

scoobyed 22 May 2009 11:44 PM

Flat Eric,
thanks for the pointer but i am that bad on computers all i can find is the options for premium membership under the paid subscriptions bit so i now have premium membership but no ESC bit. Will try and make the lodge depending on my shift patterns at work.

Tiny 23 May 2009 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyed (Post 8720518)
Flat Eric,
thanks for the pointer but i am that bad on computers all i can find is the options for premium membership under the paid subscriptions bit so i now have premium membership but no ESC bit. Will try and make the lodge depending on my shift patterns at work.

Hi Ed & Welcome buddy :thumb:

The ESC badge button is broke @ the moment but will be up & running shortly :luxhello:

As Flat Eric mentioned ( everything :notworthy) We are the Essex branch of the SUBARU IMPREZA DRIVERS CLUB = SIDC ) So join that & you are in , If you do not like purchasing on line , drop me a pm with your address & i'll drop you in an application form to join , I'm only up the road in Mayland ;)

As Dazza said pop along to a meet & say hello

Milamber 23 May 2009 09:32 AM

Welcome.

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...ts-2009-a.html

Budgie 23 May 2009 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 8720644)

The ESC badge button is broke @ the moment but will be up & running shortly :luxhello:

As Flat Eric mentioned ( everything :notworthy) We are the Essex Flock of the SUBARU IMPREZA DRIVERS CLUB = SIDC ) So join that & you are in , If you do not like purchasing on line , drop me a pm with your address & i'll drop you in an application form to join , I'm only up the road in Mayland ;)

As Dazza said pop along to a meet & say hello

edited for accuracy:thumb:

scoobyed 23 May 2009 10:12 AM

Thanks for all the replies, this has to be about the friendliest forum i have ever been a member of, i always join a forum for whatever car/bike i have at the time and most of them are pretty boring and have some rude pissatking tossers who arent prepared to give genuine help and friendly advice thus spoiling the forum for others, everyone on here seems to get along and have a good laugh:thumb:. I will definitely get along to a meet and can definitely make the lodge next month. thank you all for your warm welcome.:notworthy

TomR555 23 May 2009 11:01 AM

Welcome Ed,enjoy :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Milamber 23 May 2009 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyed (Post 8720812)
i always join a forum for whatever car/bike i have at the time and most of them are pretty boring and have some rude pissatking tossers who arent prepared to give genuine help and friendly advice thus spoiling the forum for others,

That was last week :lol1:

Seriously, there are some great people on here always ready to hand out some advice :thumb:

Arkwright 23 May 2009 12:59 PM

Hi Scoobyed and welcome. Me and scoobybluewrx are newish members of the ESC and have found the club members to be friendly and welcoming always something going on.
Tomorrow day out at brighton check out the thread. Or better still be at Thurrock services at 8.15am leaving sharp 8.30am don`t have to be an official member to start joining in. Anyway you won`t have to wear a pink T shirt walking round brighton. LOL :lol1:

PS Budgie I know I said newish this has nothing to do ewes.

He`s got this thing about sheep at the moment bless him.

Nurse Gladys 23 May 2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 8720644)

As Flat Eric mentioned ( everything :notworthy) We are the Essex FLOCK of the SHEEP IN DA CORNER= SIDC ) So join that & EWE are in , If you do not like purchasing on line , drop me a pm with your address & i'll drop you in an application form to join , I'm only up the road in Mayland ;)

As Dazza said pop along to a meet & say BAA

re-edited as Budgie missed a couple of bits! ;)

Tiny 23 May 2009 04:52 PM

:lol1:

Yeah that look's better :thumb:

customdanioc 23 May 2009 05:41 PM

Ok to join officially you will need the following.....

Your car must flame...but ONLY with the aid of a spark plug and a switch :lol::lol:...this must NOT occur naturally :nono:

:luxhello::luxhello:

You will need to learn how to do this if you want to rise to the top within the group

YouTube - Extreme Sheep LED Art

And you will need a starter set of these first tho`....

:hjtwofing:lol::luxhello::lol1::thumb:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee58/eo39/knit.jpg

Nurse Gladys 23 May 2009 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by customdanioc (Post 8721299)
Ok to join officially you will need the following.....

Your car must flame...but ONLY with the aid of a spark plug and a switch :lol::lol:...this must NOT occur naturally :nono:

:luxhello::luxhello:

You will need to learn how to do this if you want to rise to the top within the group

YouTube - Extreme Sheep LED Art

And you will need a starter set of these first tho`....

:hjtwofing:lol::luxhello::lol1::thumb:

Can I still remain a member if my FUTURE scooby is a flamer :thumb:,

I strap a few Christmas Tree lights to our hamster,

and finally I spot your deliberate mistake

Knitting needles come in PAIRS - or flocks! ;)

:luxhello::lol1::luxhello::lol1::luxhello::lol1::l uxhello::lol1::luxhello::lol1:

WRX_Dazza 23 May 2009 08:01 PM

you also need to attend more than one meet (eh dan???) to qualify ;) !!!!

haahhahahahah :)

xx
Dazza

[non-spark plug - induced flamer society member]

WigboroughWRX 23 May 2009 08:09 PM

Welcome Ed, i'm a newbie here too. I went to my first meet at the Lodge on Thursday and had a great time.

And they really are as ugly as their pictures :D Thats the drivers not their cars :p

Think I may have just set a record for the shortest membership :cry:

Nurse Gladys 23 May 2009 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by WigboroughWRX (Post 8721608)
Welcome Ed, i'm a newbie here too. I went to my first meet at the Lodge on Thursday and had a great time.

And they really are as ugly as their pictures :D Thats the drivers not their cars :p

Think I may have just set a record for the shortest membership :cry:

I think you'll have to try alot harder than that to escape!! :lol1:

Anyway shouldn't you be training? :thumb:

WigboroughWRX 23 May 2009 08:14 PM

Training,erm, yeah, erm, yeah. Did it earlier boss :wonder:
The final two weeks are taper weeks so i'm easing all the mileage down now so i feel fresh as a daisy for next Sunday, bring it on.:norty:

customdanioc 23 May 2009 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 8721589)
you also need to attend more than one meet (eh dan???) to qualify ;) !!!!

haahhahahahah :)

xx
Dazza

[non-spark plug - induced flamer society member]

I cant anymore mate...I am non Scoob driver :hjtwofing:thumb:

The official founder & secretary of the
Essex Natural Flame Society :luxhello:

E. N. F. S. :thumb:

run in conjunction with the Antilagalicious Group...not to be confused with less milder immitations :hjtwofing

Beautifulllllllllllllllllllllllll :luvlove::notworthy

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...ossiclean2.jpg

customdanioc 23 May 2009 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by WigboroughWRX (Post 8721623)
Training,erm, yeah, erm, yeah. Did it earlier boss :wonder:
The final two weeks are taper weeks so i'm easing all the mileage down now so i feel fresh as a daisy for next Sunday, bring it on.:norty:

Oh er what ya training for then ?? :thumb:

PS got your pm ta...phew how much lol :freak3:

Dan :)

FLAT ERIC 23 May 2009 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX (Post 8721306)

I spot your deliberate mistake

Knitting needles come in PAIRS - or flocks! ;)

Not if ewe go to the baagain counter & buy 2 get 1 free. :lol1:

Mikee 23 May 2009 10:25 PM

Scoobyed- You'll need one of these too...http://www.candyandkites.com/files/s...gyBeachLrg.jpg

Being a bit camp will help too, especially when they make you wear a pink shirt!! :D

And if you want to join a real meet then check out the southern section for details of sundays meet/jaunt, you'll be more than welcome.:thumb: Most of the ESC defect over to our way anyway. :lol1:

scoobyed 24 May 2009 12:49 AM

That was far too much reading all in one go!!!
I would love to join in tomorrow (except maybe the wearing pink t-shirts in brighton, acting camp, and knitting, i will happily leave that to the more experienced members) but unfortunately i have to work this weekend but i am around next weekend and will def make the next lodge meet.
And can anybody explain why i need a bloke in a silly hat sat on a three wheeled thing attatched to a kite?????? makes no sense to me LOL

Adidas 24 May 2009 08:51 AM

scoobyed,

As above, welcme to the ESC.

You know what they say, two Ed's are better then one :thumb:

:)

Tiny 24 May 2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyed (Post 8722153)
And can anybody explain why i need a bloke in a silly hat sat on a three wheeled thing attatched to a kite?????? makes no sense to me LOL

:eek::eek: :nono:

More reading for you here ;)

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...oard-chat.html