ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Has anybody had their red Impreza nicked? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/76762-has-anybody-had-their-red-impreza-nicked.html)

Alex Creasey 04 March 2002 07:45 AM

As the question says. Has anyone had their red Impreza stolen recently. This morning at 06.45am my front door was kicked down + 4 black men held a gun at my father demanding the keys. He didn't know where they were, they would have had to get the wheel clamp off, move another car to get it out the driveway + with myself + my brother shouting at them that the police are on the way so they gave up and left. About 50 yards down the road they jump in a red Impreza and speed off but sod's law could not read the plate. The police have told me it was stolen + they have hit just about every other Impreza in the area in the same way overnight.
If anyone knows the car which may have been involved can they let the police know.
Many thanks
Alex.

mutant_matt 04 March 2002 08:24 AM

Alex,

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Very sorry to hear that m8 - I hope everyone is OK!!!!!!!!!!

You know how worrying that must be for Scott and I also - I just phoned Nic 'cos about that time I was on my way to work and I had a paninc attack that she "met" them a few minutes later....:(:(:(:(but she didn't).

What can I say, I hope they catch the scum :(:(:( !!!!!!

Matt :(

stevie c 04 March 2002 08:47 AM

Friggin'to$$ers!

Glad you and your family are ok.

Steve

Blow Dog 04 March 2002 10:07 AM

This is incredible.
It's not until it hits home that you realise the magnitude of this problem.
It's about time the police prioritised this issue becuase lives of families are now at stake.
Car theft's at gunpoint?!? There is something fundamentaly wrong with this society if speeding is taking precedence over armed robberies.

We should be putting cameras on street corners, not on the A1 [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Cem

Jake 04 March 2002 11:27 AM

You've got me worried now, what kind of scum would do that?

mutant_matt 04 March 2002 11:42 AM

Jake,

You should be worried, as Alex is not a million miles away from you.... [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Matt :(

ronny555 04 March 2002 12:32 PM

Glad I live in green green grass of home and not London

Jerry* 04 March 2002 12:37 PM

Come on Blair you fairy !!

This 5h1t is happening far too often and nothing is being done about it !!

Wake up and smell the coffee, spend some money and target these scumbags not innocent motorists !!!!

Glad everyone is okay !!

John

Chris L 04 March 2002 12:58 PM

This is not good. Glad everyone is OK Alex. This is a little too close to home for my liking. Just make sure you aren't followed and at least try and keep the car in a garage where it is not so obvious.

Got to agree with John's comment - really is time for the government to start getting tough. Forget the political correctness b****** and get this type of scum off the streets and in jail for a long time.

Chris

Goldfinger 04 March 2002 01:09 PM

Alex - glad the family are OK, what is happening here? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Thanks for letting us know, these f**king bas**rds should be locked up ....

I agree with all the comments above, it is about time that Blair et al. crack down on this sort of thing - and now.

Phil [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

met 04 March 2002 01:20 PM

holy $hit mate, i live about 10 mins up the road in barnet & always park at my brothers & mates house in enfield in my 97catalunya, maybe i should start not using my car so much? get a tracker? or use the missus car more? not that i want to let scum get in the way of my enjoyment of my car that i work hard to earn but it makes you wonder, hope your ok though mate

Alex Creasey 04 March 2002 02:07 PM

Well chaps,
Thanks for the words of support from those who have either phoned or posted.
Most importantly no-one was hurt.
Secondly, top marks to the police. Getting to me in less than 5mins and taking the whole thing very seriously, it has restored a little bit of faith that I didn't have before for various reasons.
Of only minor importance it seems as though I am one of the luckier ones over night who's car they didn't get. They woke my neighbour at 2.30 this morning fiddling with the wheel clamp, so they were obviously pretty determind. A guy near finchley who I used to see a bit was hit just before me, they got his car as well as someone else local, I was then told by police that someone else was hit in potters bar just after me (all targets were Imprezas).
The police have said they've barely been able to keep up with the amount of calls overnight in the local area and as far out as romford with all sorts of crimes but with matching descriptions. the people (if you can call them that) have done their homework and seem to be doing everything in one go.
I usually keep the car on the drive or in a garage + always very wary about being followed etc near home. I have been asked by the police to put the car away somewhere for a few days. I don't want to make local people paranoid but maybe it would be a good idea if some of you did the same?
They did get away with keys to a friends car we're looking after and a bag of loose change, to$$ers. I hope they get what they deserve!
An annoyed but calm Alex.

Scoobychick 04 March 2002 02:22 PM

Alex, what a nightmare for you and your family to have to go through :(

There aren't enough angry smilies in the world for me to convey how mad this type of crime makes me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Sal

HamsterWheel 04 March 2002 02:25 PM

This is really getting out of hand. Really glad I opted for my Elise rather than a Scooby.
Surely it is time ScoobyNet started to try and do summat about this ? How about a thread always at the top of the page which lists comprehensive details of all Imprezza's reported stolen ?
Far too many people on here always moaning about the police, why not try and help them for once. If you do track a few down then mebbe the police would be able to secure a few convictions that would help you all sleep better at night.

STi wanna Subaru 04 March 2002 02:26 PM

It's terrible news to hear but I'm glad nobody was hurt. Besides the obvious effects this sort of crime has and the fact that these criminals should be locked up for a very long time, we all suffer. All these cars being stolen will make the car a liability to insure. I know it is a totally insignificant thing in comparison to the event that has started this thread but it just shows how it effects us all.

Guy

Philip Attaway 04 March 2002 02:35 PM

My sympathies mate, and glad no one was hurt. It must have been a very scary experience.

I don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight as I live 'VERY' near to you.

Phil

jasonleeds 04 March 2002 04:58 PM

oh dear...I understand your feelings.

Complete scum.......your still alive.....

All the best.

Mr.M 04 March 2002 05:28 PM

I'm really p*sse* off with always feeling the victim or about to be the victim. It's time we stood up and fought back!

I'm off to buy a replica Beretta tomorrow from my local gunshop.

met 04 March 2002 05:32 PM

alex, i live over in barnet & have my car garaged, i also have a spare garage in southgate, the garage is empty at the moment, if you want to lock it away for a while gimme a call, the garage will be empty for about 1 month? up to you mate, call if interested, it costs me 35per month if you want to use it?

CHRIS_D 04 March 2002 05:33 PM

bloody hell[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] bunch of fcuking to55ers

Glad to hear that you're all ok alex
Im also glad mine is always in the garage out of sight. kind of got me worried now:(

CHRIS_D 04 March 2002 05:41 PM

Quote: Mr.M
"I'm off to buy a replica Beretta tomorrow from my local gunshop".

All very well but what if the robbers have real guns with real ammo, if you pulled a gun on them they would more than likely see it as a threat and shoot first (being the scumbags like these people are of course), and i bet you dont hit any of them with your 8 mm blank firer.

just a thought

RB5SCOTT 04 March 2002 05:47 PM

C.S spray would be the best thing but hey its illegal and classed as a firearm :rolleyes: [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] people should be allowed to protect themselves [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Scott

Luke 04 March 2002 05:54 PM

Phil

Have you got a Security light outside ???? This could be a good idea. (Little trick..Stick a bit of laminated glass over it,stops them breakink glass/bulb) Mask the P.I.R a bit so that it is focused more on the car. There was one Security issue I mentioned to you,when I visited. This is your weakest link..

Luke

Chris L 04 March 2002 06:05 PM

Story made the pages of the Evening Standard tonight. Not much detail on the website, but click here if you interested.

Chris

Fullonloon 04 March 2002 06:55 PM

Glad to hear everyone is ok Alex, what a complete shocker, what a nightmare.

Luke 04 March 2002 07:01 PM

BBC TV news just mentioned it.

Shark 04 March 2002 08:05 PM

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

David

scottdg 04 March 2002 08:12 PM

Not being funny, but someone is going to end up getting killed if this continues. What can we do? Sit back and hope it doesn't happen to us. Living in London myself I'm paranoid enough as it is.
As the biggest gathering of scooby owners in the country surely we can raise awareness on this issue, with crimewatch, local MP's, the press whatever.

Please feel free to tell me to shut up if you think I'm over reacting, but short of drivng round with a magnum 45 in the glovebox and parking outside No. 10 every night what options do we have!!!!???!!

DanTheMan 04 March 2002 08:15 PM

Just saw the BBC news item, scary man....

Anyway for self defence youre better off buying a Brocock ME38 air pistol, we can do a group buy as these are totally legal, then according to the home office website you simply add a hollow metal bung in the chamber and it will fire live ammo, better than any blank firer !!!

scooby555 04 March 2002 08:28 PM

Better be careful here, possible racial thread :eek: