ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   underbody service!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/767598-underbody-service.html)

jho! 22 May 2009 02:21 PM

underbody service!!!

I have just booked my 08 STI in for it's first service, and been told it needs a underbody service as well at £150!!!! It will invalidate the corrosion warranty if it's not done.

I used to work as a sales man for Various dealers including Vauxhall, ford, and peugeot. I have never come accross this before.

I know the corrosion warranty is not realy worth the paper it's printed on because the dealer never stamps that part of the book, unless you ask for it. But I never heard of you paying extra for it before!!

jho!

sc00b555 22 May 2009 05:34 PM

When we had our 08 wrx serviced it was included as part of the usual service.

I was told we would only pay extra if it was done at a different time to the main service.

jho! 22 May 2009 05:42 PM

Thats what I would have thought, they allready want to charge me £200 for what is essentialy only a oil change and then another £150 to look around the car!!!

I now times are hard for dealers but this seems like a complete rip off!!!

NormantheDog 22 May 2009 08:10 PM

I'm located between two dealers and I always get a quote for a service because one is always a lot more than the other. When I challenge them they offer to price match but I always say you have already tried ripping me off once what are you going to do during the service?

Get another quote, doesn't have to be a Subaru dealer but probably best.

s70rjw 22 May 2009 09:29 PM

In the unlikely event of discovering rust, in my experience, the dealer has a standard speech. This includes explaining how the rust has not perforated the panel, but has been caused by the invasion of a foreign body which has perforated the topcoat resulting in the rust. In laymans terms, stone chips are not covered, including 5p size bubbles in the cenre of the roof. Never ad any problems with rust on my Impreza. £150 buys an awful lot of Tetraseal.

AlanPPP 22 May 2009 09:37 PM

Are you going to keep the car long enough for underseal rust to creep in?? If not then tell them to jog on lol

Woosh! 23 May 2009 01:13 AM

Maybe a case of dealers covering their ar$e

I maybe wrong but I seem to remember reading on American Scooby sites reporting rust on rear 1/4 panels and wheel arches/lips.

Some owners were trying to prove poor design/protection against stone chip damage causing this rust on cars 6 months old and upwards :eek:

Do some surfing :thumb:

corradoboy 23 May 2009 01:17 AM

Ring around several dealers, and ask what people on here have paid and get your local dealer to price-match if they will. When I had my 03 car done many years ago I was quoted from £40 to £125. You can guess which place got the work. Never bothered with any after that one though.