ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   England V West Indies ODI Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/767341-england-v-west-indies-odi-thread.html)

Milamber 21 May 2009 10:38 AM

England V West Indies ODI Thread

Today is the day, fresh from giving them a lesson in Test we now have the task of facing them in the shorter version.

I'm guessing that this will be a bit more of a challenge, particularly as we are missing KP and for some reason chosen to re-instate Bell of all people :brickwall

Bravo2zero_sps 21 May 2009 12:11 PM

The only challenge is the weather - waste of time playing International cricket in this country outside the months of July and August and even then it could still p!ss it down for a week :rolleyes:

STi wanna Subaru 21 May 2009 12:19 PM

I had a text earlier from my bro-in-law saying just got to Leeds for the cricket. I text back 'Enjoy the pubs!' :D

Milamber 21 May 2009 01:31 PM

Well it's hot and sunny down here in the saaarf. Cold, wet & miserable oop norff.....

Still there are worse places to be than Leeds. Cricket rained off, hit the pubs, quick cab into town hit the clubs and wrap it all up with a trip to the purple door :thumb:

Milamber 21 May 2009 05:42 PM

Not the best of starts...

Funkii Munkii 21 May 2009 11:33 PM

I didn't miss anything then, I thought you were due a good summer lol

I liked this typically British quote

"But the England and Wales Cricket Board admitted it would not reach its "full potential" until later in the summer"

Is this a bedding in period or just a shabby job :)

Milamber 22 May 2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8718522)
I didn't miss anything then, I thought you were due a good summer lol

I liked this typically British quote

"But the England and Wales Cricket Board admitted it would not reach its "full potential" until later in the summer"

Is this a bedding in period or just a shabby job :)

Apparently Headingly has a new state of the art underground drainage system but it's not working yet :brickwall

The ironic thing is that I was sitting in glorious sunshine all day yesterday with no hint of rain.

I'm just getting tense and nervous about the summer already :D

Funkii Munkii 22 May 2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8718772)
Apparently Headingly has a new state of the art underground drainage system but it's not working yet :brickwall

The ironic thing is that I was sitting in glorious sunshine all day yesterday with no hint of rain.

I'm just getting tense and nervous about the summer already :D

Yeah that's what they were quoting the sodding drainage system, what are they waiting for ?

Lets hope the sun comes out in Bristol, I reckon there will be a cracking atmosphere down there.

Milamber 24 May 2009 09:43 PM

2nd ODI

160 all out :cuckoo:

The boys did well today :thumb:

Funkii Munkii 25 May 2009 12:18 AM

They may as well go home now, what's the point.

You could get 13/8 on a series win for England for the ODI's, great value in a double with Deccan to win the IPL :thumb: Go Gilly Go

Milamber 27 May 2009 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8723899)
They may as well go home now, what's the point.

Think they were listening to you. What a waste of a tour :brickwall

Back in the day the West Indies were a team to be feared, now they just seem to have given up interest. Shocking.