ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   put engine back in now wont start (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/766740-put-engine-back-in-now-wont-start.html)

TOMMY_TURBO 18 May 2009 05:22 PM

put engine back in now wont start

hi some of you may know i snaped a camshaft so had to replace head all been done fine put engine back in and now wont fire up and the only thing i may have done wrong is that when i painted the inlet i got the purge valve pipes mixed up well thats what i think it is called sits under the inlet but now were i was turning it over the starter burnt out so even more problems also would the purge valve stop it starting if the pipes are on the wrong way round:confused:
:wall:

Chris.B 18 May 2009 05:30 PM

Could a cam be 180deg out?

Easily done...

Chris.B 18 May 2009 05:31 PM

Get the basics done first, are you getting spark and fuel?

Some people do away with the carbon canister so it's not that.

TOMMY_TURBO 18 May 2009 05:37 PM

when i timed it up it looked exsactley how it was when i removed and i double checked it a few times also was getting dark when trying to start it so going to try and check spark today also got petrol going thru but i was thinking the wires that go onto the inlet manifold at the back may not have a good connection were inlet was painted could this stop it starting also what are they?

philS scooby 18 May 2009 06:29 PM

just earth wires for various things one been the starter, but then again you said the starter was working but then burnt out... they are earth wires and they could stop it.

TOMMY_TURBO 18 May 2009 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by philS scooby (Post 8710911)
just earth wires for various things one been the starter, but then again you said the starter was working but then burnt out... they are earth wires and they could stop it.

are they the injector earth to?

TOMMY_TURBO 18 May 2009 09:30 PM

right i tryed to get my starter to work enuff to see if i have a spark but no hope so iv orderd a new starter hopefully will be here by the end of the week i need it fixed asap for the playschool runs i was so sure it would be ok that i sold the cheap runner i was useing:freak3:

Tucker82 18 May 2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by TOMMY_TURBO (Post 8711504)
right i tryed to get my starter to work enuff to see if i have a spark but no hope so iv orderd a new starter hopefully will be here by the end of the week i need it fixed asap for the playschool runs i was so sure it would be ok that i sold the cheap runner i was useing:freak3:

Ahhh and you loved the 3 door clio sooo much too :D

TOMMY_TURBO 18 May 2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tucker82 (Post 8711517)
Ahhh and you loved the 3 door clio sooo much too :D

3doors are a right pain u have to get out to let people in:rolleyes:

TOMMY_TURBO 19 May 2009 05:30 PM

yeepeee:luxhello: iv found what iv done i timed it up like any other cars iv done and that was TDC then i found out that you dont do it like this now hopefully it should run when i get a starter:thumb: but the thing is when i turned it over by hand when i first timed it up it didnt lock ect so does this mean the valves should be ok still:wonder:

TOMMY_TURBO 19 May 2009 08:23 PM

anyone?