ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   SP30 = £60 fine and 3 points then how much on the insurance? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/766700-sp30-60-fine-and-3-points-then-how-much-on-the-insurance.html)

Davey L 18 May 2009 02:38 PM

SP30 = £60 fine and 3 points then how much on the insurance?

Hi all, i got my blobeye wrx in december and it added £150 onto the insurance i'd paid for my 3 series. In janurary i got 3 points for speeding and called my insurance company (Admiral) and was told it made no difference now but could at renewal time. My new quote arrived today and it has made a difference instead of the expected £550-£600 they want £1025 (I'm 37, have 10 years protected no claims). When i called all they would say is well you do have 3 points on your licence, our company doesn't like points on licence's. After a discussion they managed to get it down by a massive £80. A quick hit on the net got me 18 quotes below £500 so it's a new insurance company for me. Doesn't really bother me but after being with them for 10 years how can they quote me a price more than double the cheapest (£417) and knock off £80 as a loyalty bonus!
Question is, has anyone else had this. I had 3 points on my licence years ago and it made no difference to my premium, so is this normal now or are they taking the p!$$.

:razz:

mike h 18 May 2009 02:54 PM

Think they're taking the piss mate. I'd definitely go elsewhere!

scoobeenut 18 May 2009 02:56 PM

I expect they are just trying it on like all insurance companies. Get some more cheaper quotes then go back to them and tell them to match it or shove it, then see what they do. Most companies won't load your premium for your first three points.

Davey L 18 May 2009 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by scoobeenut (Post 8710464)
I expect they are just trying it on like all insurance companies. Get some more cheaper quotes then go back to them and tell them to match it or shove it, then see what they do. Most companies won't load your premium for your first three points.

Already did that and they knocked £80 off still £935 isn't bad is it!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got a big list of companies to call, even the AA only want £480 and it comes with breakdown cover, that'll save me giving them £115 a year for that. I just really felt like they were having a go. I'll do some more checking companies out and maybe call them once more, if they say they can't do anything then it's bye bye Admiral.:wonder:

scoobeenut 18 May 2009 03:22 PM

I would recommend talking to Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels, or even A-Plan, their quotes have always been cheaper for me. Good luck.

joey_turbo 18 May 2009 03:24 PM

I had 6 points and 400 quid fine. It was only an extra 30 or so quid.

bish667 18 May 2009 03:44 PM

Anyone got any experience of getting insurance on a subaru after getting a speeding ban?

Davey L 18 May 2009 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by bish667 (Post 8710555)
Anyone got any experience of getting insurance on a subaru after getting a speeding ban?

One tip, don't phone Admiral :norty:

bish667 18 May 2009 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Davey L (Post 8710559)
One tip, don't phone Admiral :norty:

:lol1:
Think i'll try A-plan or Gary Moulson, was with A Plan before but that was before the ban.