ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Bottom rad hose for my Pug 406 - £ 73.40 (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/766036-bottom-rad-hose-for-my-pug-406-73-40-a.html)

The Zohan 15 May 2009 10:03 AM

Bottom rad hose for my Pug 406 - £ 73.40

I was taken aback to say the least. What a rip off. Had to replace the rad, which i got for less than 70.00 new!

No-one makes a patten/copy of it so Peugeot Spares can charge what the like.

the hose is a funny affair with a Conrad fitting one end a metal centre section and two other outlets. Having said that it fits most of the 406 range and cannot cost more that a fiver to manufacture.

French cars - Merd!

Dream Weaver 15 May 2009 10:07 AM

Sounds about right for the complex Pug parts.

Try 2 suspension mount kits for a 205, just the metal bits at the top that hold the shocks with a bush and some nuts, £42 A SIDE!!!

hutton_d 15 May 2009 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 8704222)
I was taken aback to say the least. What a rip off. Had to replace the rad, which i got for less than 70.00 new!

No-one makes a patten/copy of it so Peugeot Spares can charge what the like.

the hose is a funny affair with a Conrad fitting one end a metal centre section and two other outlets. Having said that it fits most of the 406 range and cannot cost more that a fiver to manufacture.

French cars - Merd!

Or the breakers ..... ?!

Dave

The Zohan 15 May 2009 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 8704313)
Or the breakers ..... ?!

Dave

Yup, had a rang around the local breakers - no joy. Tried the Internet breakers but TBH unless i see the part i am not going to get ripped off again with another knackered part or wrong part from some who doesn't take responsibility or offer to take the part back or offer a refund. Sadly, It has happened a couple of times before to me in the past.

The Conrad fitting us usually the problem, they corrode and then leak and you cannot just replace them or repair then ( i know i have tried), it is a new hose

chocolate_o_brian 17 May 2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver (Post 8704227)
Sounds about right for the complex Pug parts.

Try 2 suspension mount kits for a 205, just the metal bits at the top that hold the shocks with a bush and some nuts, £42 A SIDE!!!

Tell me about it. I've left the mounts to their own devices. Wouldn't have it any other way - the rattles and knocks that is :D

Paul, have you tried Euro Car Parts, Cheap Car Parts - Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

or

GSF Car Parts are one of the UK?s leading independent suppliers of cheap car parts for VW, Audi, Saab, Seat, Mercedes Benz, Volvo, Porsche and Citroen, Peugeot and Renault vehicles.

Used them both for the 205 on replacement parts.

The Zohan 18 May 2009 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8708193)
Tell me about it. I've left the mounts to their own devices. Wouldn't have it any other way - the rattles and knocks that is :D

Paul, have you tried Euro Car Parts, Cheap Car Parts - Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

or

GSF Car Parts are one of the UK?s leading independent suppliers of cheap car parts for VW, Audi, Saab, Seat, Mercedes Benz, Volvo, Porsche and Citroen, Peugeot and Renault vehicles.

Used them both for the 205 on replacement parts.

Thanks, will keep them in mind. No Joy it is a Pug/Citroen only part:)