ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   anti spam for Outlook Express? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/764510-anti-spam-for-outlook-express.html)

salsa-king 07 May 2009 06:09 PM

anti spam for Outlook Express?

hi, is there a anti spam I can load for MS outlook express?

Since I've moved over to BT Home Hub broadband and its anti virus software etc, I had to take off all my Norton security, this then also removed the ANTI Spam that loaded itself on the OE.

can I re load NORTON and just pick the Anti SPAM part of it?

I don't want to remove the BTs McAfee security.

its very fustrating getting 300+ spam emails aday to my 'work' email account that I use OE to read the emails.

All of the BT email address' have the anti spam, but these are read 'on-line' and I don't use them in OE.

anyone lese have the same problem as me?

Phil

salsa-king 07 May 2009 08:46 PM

can this be used along side the McAfee?

Free Spam Filter for Outlook / Express and Thunderbird - SPAMfighter

Phantom_Flan_Flinger 07 May 2009 09:07 PM

Do BT only give you the anti-virus from McAfee?

I presume anti-spam isn't included in their subscription?

JackClark 07 May 2009 11:06 PM

Get a host with Antispam, Google is free but you can pay if you want.

salsa-king 07 May 2009 11:08 PM

anti spam is.. on their yourname@btinternet.com email address'

you can divert Btinternet.com email address's TO outlook express, they would get anti spamed at source, but my business email address doesn't go thrugh the BT servers for email.

markr1963 08 May 2009 04:39 AM

How about this?

iHateSpam

Beastie 08 May 2009 04:39 AM

You have to login to your BT webmail account and set up the spam filter there. Once u do this then OE will not pick up the identified Spam mail. However, the odd genuine mail may get stuck in which case u need to log on occasionally to check.

salsa-king 08 May 2009 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 8690132)
You have to login to your BT webmail account and set up the spam filter there. Once u do this then OE will not pick up the identified Spam mail. However, the odd genuine mail may get stuck in which case u need to log on occasionally to check.

as I said above, that works if you get the bt email account sent/diverted to OE.

But MY own email account thats NOT from BT can't be filtered by login into the BT webmail page.

Beastie 08 May 2009 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 8690147)
as I said above, that works if you get the bt email account sent/diverted to OE.

But MY own email account thats NOT from BT can't be filtered by login into the BT webmail page.

To be honest when my e mail address gets that bad i change it to a new one. Start afresh and get the spammers off your back.

BlkKnight 08 May 2009 08:15 AM

I used to use a proggi called mailwasher

Not sure if it's still current.

JackClark 08 May 2009 09:02 AM

Phil, transfer your business email address to Gmail, I've recommended it on here before with great success and I do the same for loads of small businesses for pocket money. Start here Sign up for Google Apps
Loads of benefits not just superb Spam filtering.

salsa-king 08 May 2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 8689649)

I've downloaded this on my netbook, it seems to work... so now dwownloading it to my main laptop :)

no more 300+ spam emails in a day :)