ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   NEW SPEED CAMERAS (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/762488-new-speed-cameras.html)

audioscape 28 April 2009 10:39 AM

NEW SPEED CAMERAS

HI ALL HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED ABOUT THE NEW STYLE SPECS CAMERAS MANUFACTURED BY ROBOT. SOON TO BE FUNDED BY THE GOV.:nono:

HERE WE GO THEY ARE TIME OVER DISTANCE NOT LIKE REGULAR SPECS THAT NEED ONE CAMERA PER LANE THIS UNIT WILL DO ALL LANES OUT ON TEST AT THE MOMENT ON THE A24 THE REAL PISS TAKE IS THAT THEY ARE DATA LINKED SO A CAMERA MAY BE IN KENT AND ANOTHER IN BUCKS THEY USE GPS TO FIND THE QUICKEST ROUTE AND IF YOU HAVE MANAGED TO DO IT QUICKER THAN THE SOFTWARE ALLOWS YOUR NICKED:nono:
LINK TO PICS OF UNIT ON TEST
PIC 2 SHOWS THE RADAR SAME AS THE OLD GATSO USED TO USE WITH EXTRA INFA RED PHOTO TECHNOLOGY

I SUPPOSE THE GOV HAS TO GET THE MONEY BACK FROM THE MOTORISTS SOME HOW AFTER BAILING OUT THE BANKS

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/s...dCamera4-2.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/s...eedCamera3.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/s...eedCamera2.jpg

more info will follow shortly thanks to a friend who works in the industry

mike h 28 April 2009 01:04 PM

I would call him an acquaintance rather than a friend if he works in that industry! :D

cossie-nutter 28 April 2009 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mike h (Post 8669693)
I would call him an acquaintance rather than a friend if he works in that industry! :D

:lol:

New_scooby_04 28 April 2009 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by audioscape (Post 8669363)
THEY USE GPS TO FIND THE QUICKEST ROUTE AND IF YOU HAVE MANAGED TO DO IT QUICKER THAN THE SOFTWARE ALLOWS YOUR NICKED:nono:

Is this is really workable owing to the current rules concerning the conspicuity of speed cameras?

Its also obviously not in keeping with the principles that govern placement of speed limit enforcement i.e. cameras should only be put in specific spots where speed has been a significant fact in x number of incidents etc..

On a practical note: keeping the kind of database required to enforce this up to date would be an absolute nightmare and would probably cost them more than they would raise in revenue!

Ns04

New_scooby_04 28 April 2009 01:18 PM

Looks like this has been around on trial for a while...although as I suspected, it's on 'stretches of road' rather than being able to work out your journey time within a county and then issue a ticket if you've made too good a time! :D

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle4909662.ece

[-(o)-] 28 April 2009 01:20 PM

Sounds like an excuse to stick to the back routes :norty:

New_scooby_04 28 April 2009 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by [-(o)-] (Post 8669733)
Sounds like an excuse to stick to the back routes :norty:

Of course the danger is that they might be deployed on such roads.

"Ya know that stretch of the A5 you like, well people have been driving a bit too enthusiastically down that, so it's now monitored, ditto the B269, B271 (made them up ;)) and don't even think about going near the Evo Triangle etc " :cry:

lunar tick 28 April 2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by audioscape (Post 8669363)
THEY USE GPS TO FIND THE QUICKEST ROUTE AND IF YOU HAVE MANAGED TO DO IT QUICKER THAN THE SOFTWARE ALLOWS YOUR NICKED

Find this hard to believe. British roads are such a hellhole of congestion, it's hard to achieve even the half the average speed limit over a long journey from A to B :lol1:

B8YN 28 April 2009 02:24 PM

i heard about these a while ago!!! the way they work is no matter what route u will take it will catch you coz ya somr poin you will have to get on a main road bk in to wear you are goin so it will get you!!!

this is bollox if you ask me just another way to get money out of us and to piss us off they wont bother spendin millions on gettin the real crooks so they will do it on an easy target

audioscape 28 April 2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by mike h (Post 8669693)

he also builds the laser blocking/ garage door opening equipment :norty:

bigbarry04 28 April 2009 03:57 PM

we owe millions in debt, thanks to the banks, possible outbreak of a mexico "spider-pig" flu which would cost alot in vaccinactions, illegal immagrents draining the econemy of millions in benefits, people losing there jobs in the recession. mr brown answers " lets build more speed cameras"

IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT FAT **** IS KICKED OUT OF 10 DOWNING STREET! :) rant over!

Wurzel 28 April 2009 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigbarry04 (Post 8670039)
mr brown answers " lets build more speed cameras"

IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT FAT **** IS KICKED OUT OF 10 DOWNING STREET! :) rant over!

Yes but speed cameras are a guaranteed income so more speed cameras = more profit so he ain't as stupid as you all think :D

Mark'sWRX 28 April 2009 07:57 PM

Sometimes I think the only way to beat the cameras (speed, bus lane, congestion charge, tax etc.) is to fit false plates. Something random but legit looking. Who's going to stop you? Just whip them off when you get home or better still fit some James Bond style revolving plates.

JonMc 28 April 2009 08:32 PM

I know this is a really wild and outrageous concept, and I'll get my flame suit ready, but has anyone ever considered sticking to the speed limits, barking as they are:D

stevebt 28 April 2009 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by bigbarry04 (Post 8670039)
we owe millions in debt, thanks to the banks, possible outbreak of a mexico "spider-pig" flu which would cost alot in vaccinactions, illegal immagrents draining the econemy of millions in benefits, people losing there jobs in the recession. mr brown answers " lets build more speed cameras"

Its not all about the motorist, he also wants to spend £2bn on watching what people do on the internet as well. Money well spent in this bad climate :)

Alan Jeffery 29 April 2009 08:13 AM

Of course, we chaps are all against speed cameras, but if they have to have the damn things at all, these are a better bet than the Gatsos. Rather than getting nicked for the 30 feet of your journey that you actually drifted over the limit, they measure the whole section, and you'd need to be consistently over to bust the limit. As somebody said, actual journey average speeds aren't really a problem in most places! at least you can flash your Scooby up, then pull in and watch them all go past for a while. True Tortoise and Hare!
Somebody needs to come up with an after market average speed display system, worked out via a button sharpish ..

DazW 29 April 2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 8671515)
Of course, we chaps are all against speed cameras, but if they have to have the damn things at all, these are a better bet than the Gatsos. Rather than getting nicked for the 30 feet of your journey that you actually drifted over the limit, they measure the whole section, and you'd need to be consistently over to bust the limit. As somebody said, actual journey average speeds aren't really a problem in most places! at least you can flash your Scooby up, then pull in and watch them all go past for a while. True Tortoise and Hare!
Somebody needs to come up with an after market average speed display system, worked out via a button sharpish ..

...or a number plate made out of... ;)

Development of a Switchable Mirror Film That Is Electrically Changed between Reflective and Transparent States

JonMc 29 April 2009 09:54 AM

That shouldn't be too difficult, my wife's scenic has a basic one fitted as standard, and my GPS running watch can calculate my average running pace - just needs to convert it from minutes/miles to MPH:D

Apostle 29 April 2009 06:10 PM

Daz....

anywhere you can get hold of this film / laminate ?

would be very beneficial to many....

mbayley77 29 April 2009 07:34 PM

ill take some

G.Mac 29 April 2009 10:09 PM

New Zealand is looking more and more appealing

Graeme

Anders_WR1 29 April 2009 10:46 PM

I've seen one of these on the A3 on the way out of London before you take a right up to Kingston.

I don't think we need to worry about these cameras too much, it when someone realises the car tax cameras can be converted in to average speed cameras that the sh1te will hit the fan. These are deployed all over the show already and all it takes is some software and a database...

WR1 Bro 29 April 2009 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Anders_WR1 (Post 8673424)
I've seen one of these on the A3 on the way out of London before you take a right up to Kingston.

I don't think we need to worry about these cameras too much, it when someone realises the car tax cameras can be converted in to average speed cameras that the sh1te will hit the fan. These are deployed all over the show already and all it takes is some software and a database...

You have some unfinished business on the WR1oc.... Are you man enough?

ze4s 30 April 2009 01:33 AM

What a joke.

Im going to start trailing my new cam prevention mod.
I call it Thermite

lunar tick 30 April 2009 10:59 AM

Thermite - don't ya just love it :thumb: YouTube - Thermite Experiment

Diesel 30 April 2009 11:03 AM

Hmm - call me a cynic, but the Photoshop on the first still is a bit ropey! Esp the sign saying camera on test - I mean, really???? D

scoobygreg 30 April 2009 11:11 AM

fook me nottinghams full of specs as it is do we relly need any more

Anders_WR1 30 April 2009 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by WR1 Bro (Post 8673433)
You have some unfinished business on the WR1oc.... Are you man enough?

Hello Bro, was going to say hello on WR1OC. It's been a while!

STiFreak 30 April 2009 01:22 PM

I have a TDS TR30 which displays your current and average speed once you have entered one of the SPECS average speed camera areas. Very useful feature IMO.

We all know if this government were given half a chance, they would fit GPS trackers to every vehicle and automatically fine you if you exceeded the speed limit, so I wouldn't put anything past them. Power hungry control freaks would be an understatement.

my06 ppp silver 30 April 2009 04:53 PM

black spray paint on camera lens. job done