ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Would customers like the option to Buy Now and Pay Later? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/761947-would-customers-like-the-option-to-buy-now-and-pay-later.html)

Aztec Performance Ltd 25 April 2009 04:35 PM

Would customers like the option to Buy Now and Pay Later?

We are considering the option of offering customers an option of Buy Now and Pay in 6 months - interest free.

It will be for orders above £300.

HID GB Now on - Just visit our website SUPERHIDS - FOR YOUR DRIVING SAFETY and select your desired kit. Then enter the discount code SCOOBYNET274 at checkout for £20 GB discount :thumb:

Julio Jordio 25 April 2009 04:56 PM

I think it can only help in the current financial climate. So yes from me.

bushiwarrior 25 April 2009 06:25 PM

sounds like a great idea

The Rig 25 April 2009 07:47 PM

I need a new clutch so will have a lightened flywheel at the same time.

If i could pay the £600 odd bill over 6 mths,so 6 payments,interest free,id of had it fitted long ago.

i think pay now then pay it all in 6 mths is a good offer but still,in 6 mths time the money might still not be there,in 1 lump sum,bit like insurance.

JonMc 25 April 2009 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 8663900)
I need a new clutch so will have a lightened flywheel at the same time.

If i could pay the £600 odd bill over 6 mths,so 6 payments,interest free,id of had it fitted long ago.

i think pay now then pay it all in 6 mths is a good offer but still,in 6 mths time the money might still not be there,in 1 lump sum,bit like insurance.

That's exactly what I'm thinking:D

T5NYW 25 April 2009 08:02 PM

Generally I'm not a great fan of pay "6months interest free" deals out there. It just feels a sprat to catch a mackeral, £10 per month and pay all remaining before the 6 months if not continue paying £10 for the next 20 years, LOL but that's how it's financed ;)

(of course i've not seeing BOB5 T&C's )

I would much prefer pay as you go. eg

£300 @ 6 monthy payments of £50
£600 @ 6 monthy payments of £100

IMHO

Tony

jonboy0373 25 April 2009 08:03 PM

It does sound a good idea but who is the underwriter for the finance, being such a difficult climate would they even grant finance ?

cossie-nutter 25 April 2009 08:08 PM

IMHO I think you would be taking a big gamble!

There are some good honest people on here but it's the other people that will try and scam you!

stoneface 25 April 2009 08:17 PM

I'm up for it as long as there is no credit check.

The Rig 25 April 2009 08:23 PM

i suppose a legal contract would be signed as if buying a sofa and if not paying it,it gets sold to a debt firm ??

krisando 25 April 2009 09:21 PM

If there was no credit check, Id be interested, being in the army, geting credit/finance for anything is nearly impossible, ive heard of an easi-pay scheme, which im considering using for my wheels, 25% deposit, and the balance paid over 12 months, would be very interested though.

Lateral Performance 25 April 2009 09:28 PM

There are a lot of sensible people out there, who could take advantage of an offer such as this, and pay for the parts on time.

However, isn't access to easy credit the reason we have such a big financial issue now ?

I would suggest both parties think very carefully before entering into such arrangements. No offence intended to anyone.

Mark.

dunx 25 April 2009 09:33 PM

Mark you just talked me out of a £3K bill..... ;)

But seriously, I'm happy to have the funds in place, BUT you have to be willing to "take up the slack" on the old credit card to do the job properly.

In my case a Fuelab reg and braided hoses, not essential, but finished the job off a treat.

IMHO

dunx

JP4 25 April 2009 09:36 PM

Think it is a very sensible idea for those who want to take advantage of a deferred payment plan.
Bob - may be interested in coilovers and brakes. :thumb:

stevebt 25 April 2009 10:56 PM

Its a good option, but its the worst option you can have! As you can guarantee by the time you have to pay for your stuff its actually more than when you 1st bought it :)

stevebt 25 April 2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lateral Performance (Post 8664198)
There are a lot of sensible people out there, who could take advantage of an offer such as this, and pay for the parts on time.

Mark.

Don't you sort of offer this service :D

Jekyl 26 April 2009 10:35 AM

Personal opinion is that should parts be absolutely neccesary for example, to commute to work then would probably be a good idea for anyone who immediately needs this but has a lack of funds. On the other hand if you don't need parts so soon you may as well just relax & not stress over debt. Think it is a useful idea though.

JP4 26 April 2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 8664438)
Don't you sort of offer this service :D

Didn't you know he already does?? :lol1:

Only kidding Mark! :lol1:

SPORTWAGONROY 27 April 2009 07:48 PM

think this is a great idea:thumb:

scoobyste1987 27 April 2009 08:25 PM

excellent idea, yes from me :)

Johnny E 27 April 2009 09:30 PM

Hoping to get some PF disc and pads this would help...............

Aztec Performance Ltd 27 April 2009 09:55 PM

Will be looking into the feasibility of this and the associated costs this week to see if it can happen. It won't be easy with our cut pricing though.

There won't be credit to anyone with adverse credit history.

Watch this space. :thumb: