ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Saw several Scirrocos today (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/761788-saw-several-scirrocos-today.html)

HankScorpio 24 April 2009 06:05 PM

Saw several Scirrocos today

Haven't been paying much attention as another derivative of the golf platform just wasn't something I was really interested in but I was picking up a hire car today and Hertz had several... nice looking package and I really like the flaring at the back.

Will need to do some catching up, might be a nice thing with a real engine in it.

TonyBurns 24 April 2009 07:58 PM

They are like a woman with an ugly face, great body and fat ass :D

Tony:D

deangtiuk 24 April 2009 08:20 PM

They are a decent drive, the 2.0tsi is the best IMO, and if you know how to drive them they handle mint.

ScoobyDoo555 24 April 2009 08:20 PM

awful car. You'll need a guide dog to get around the blind spots!!! :D

Hated it. The Golf is SOOOOO much better.

The 'rocco is purely form over function. Wifey and I test drove it and always felt that we were an extension to its fashion status, not the other way around.

Dan

deangtiuk 24 April 2009 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 8662176)
awful car. You'll need a guide dog to get around the blind spots!!! :D

Hated it. The Golf is SOOOOO much better.

The 'rocco is purely form over function. Wifey and I test drove it and always felt that we were an extension to its fashion status, not the other way around.

Dan

Yeah the shape and size of the rear windows isn't the best for blindspots, but hey you'll get looked at more in one of those then a boring Golf.
By the way majority of our customers who have bought a Skyrocket hadn't test drove one it was just the look and hype that as sold the car.

Milamber 24 April 2009 08:28 PM

looks superb from the front and both sides, the arches need to be wider at the back in my view.

Jimpreza 24 April 2009 11:06 PM

Dog ugly imo

P1Fanatic 25 April 2009 10:07 AM

Thought it looked ok from pics but once seen in the flesh they are horrible. Reminds me of a whale shark with that wide gaping front that tapers down to a tiny rear. Is there any point in the rear side windows they are so small?

Simon

markymark34 25 April 2009 11:15 AM

I love the look of them but i can see why some people dont. wouldnt dream of buying a boring golf when i could get one of these for the same money. They come with the DCC adaptive chassis control as standard dont they?

ScoobyDoo555 25 April 2009 03:32 PM

Try putting anything bigger than a rucksack in the boot of a 'roccp :( (Only being slightly sarcastic.....

Form over function. If I'm going to do that, I'll buy a proper sportscar!!! :D:D:D

Dan :)

s70rjw 25 April 2009 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 8662122)
They are like a woman with an ugly face, great body and fat ass :D

Tony:D

Nowt wrong with a bit of padding during these cooler spring evenings..........They get my vote from the side and rear. (Scirocco that is)

deangtiuk 26 April 2009 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 8663394)
Try putting anything bigger than a rucksack in the boot of a 'roccp :( (Only being slightly sarcastic.....

Form over function. If I'm going to do that, I'll buy a proper sportscar!!! :D:D:D

What do you call a proper sports car at £20k Dan? It's like comparing a Calibra to a Cavalier same base but different body, that why they were made for different customers in different situations.

ScoobyDoo555 27 April 2009 07:08 PM

Well, there's a Ferrari 348 for £22K on Autotrader, 5 x pages of 911s, 3 x Westfields, and 3 x pages of TVRs.....

All just as impractical as the Scirocco :)

However, the Calibra and Cav, both had the same bootspace, so both as practical apart from the coupe aspect.....

Deacon 27 April 2009 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 8663394)

I agree its not a 'proper' sports car (I'd call it a hatch rather than the coupe designation VW give it) but disagree about the boot - it has got a very high lip but in terms of space it's pretty much as big as my girlfriends EP shape civic's boot - not exactly small.

Deacon

ScoobyDoo555 27 April 2009 09:48 PM

Fair enough :) Personally, I just thought it small (considering how big the rear is)

graeme jones 28 April 2009 10:15 PM

saw a nice white one today looked good but the ticket officer slapping a ticket on it for taking up two bays didnt think so.lol

Ste RB5138 28 April 2009 11:22 PM

They seem to be selling well, I see at least one or two a day. One of the few cars that is selling at the moment

ALi-B 29 April 2009 12:38 AM

You'll need a guide dog to get around the blind spots!!!
I don't think the Golf is any better with blind spots...I lost an elephant in the rear C-pillar the other day :eek: And the A-pillars seriously intrude on my ability to observe totty walking past :mad:

madcyril 06 May 2009 08:58 PM

seen a few looks nice in black and in white right about having a fat arse hope vw do a gti in it