ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I feel Robbed! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/761680-i-feel-robbed.html)

cossie-nutter 24 April 2009 08:07 AM

I feel Robbed!

What a bad start to the day! :rolleyes:

I have just found another fake £1 coin in my wallet! That "Again" I got from my local corner shop! :Suspiciou

I will be having words with Naz Muhammad who runs and owns it! (That's his real name before the band wagon people start calling me a raciest LOL) :freak3:

sarasquares 24 April 2009 08:08 AM

Sell it back to him :D

cossie-nutter 24 April 2009 08:10 AM

He will be getting something back if he don't sort it out! ;)

May look like this after :freak3:

I know it's only £1 coins but when I give them to the kids to spend on sweets Naz is quick enough to say NO it's fake which makes me think all kinds! ;)

sarasquares 24 April 2009 08:12 AM

If he is giving out fake money you have to wonder what else he is up to :p

cossie-nutter 24 April 2009 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8660875)
If he is giving out fake money you have to wonder what else he is up to :p

I hope he is printing money off then I will tell him I want a stake in it! muhahahahaha :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

finalzero 25 April 2009 12:35 AM

anyone got a pic, I doubt I would be able to tell

Henrik 25 April 2009 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by finalzero (Post 8662646)
anyone got a pic, I doubt I would be able to tell

They just look like "chinese cheap copies" compared to the originals. Sometimes the text on the side edge wears out, or looks wonky, for example :)

Another good way of telling is that the sweets machine at work doesn't accept them :D

abbott 25 April 2009 07:25 AM

proceedsfor terrorism ..

yoza 25 April 2009 07:38 AM

They are made of softer material than the original, they are thinly plated, and if you drop them on a hard surface the dont bounce they make a dull thud unmissably different to real ones.

You can V the edge of them with a 10 pence piece.

They are also a different weight so wont go in any post 1990 vending/gaming machines.

Apparently they go for 25 pence each, with a minimum order of a thousand.

More worrying is that you keep lose change in your wallet......

apples24 25 April 2009 09:57 AM

atleast you didnt get bobby moores, ive got a few hundred quids worth of 20's, i sold a car for few grand and they were int he bundle :(

cant bring myself to bin them so i just stashed em at work, one day ill find a good prank to do with them burn them infront of someone or something

Leslie 25 April 2009 10:14 AM

Never noticed one myself or seen anyone else do so either. Best not to look I think. Flash is getting them to print more money anyway!

Les

cossie-nutter 27 April 2009 07:41 PM

Got my monnies back! :D he said he was sorry and didn't have a clue! Although I think he's full of sh1t! Shall wait and see if I get any more! :lol1:

Must admit they are very good copies and very hard to spot! "Searches ebay for print machine" :D LOL

apples24 27 April 2009 08:36 PM

more like hes realised you could bring it on top and for the sake of a few quid it ends