ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Private For Sale - General (https://www.scoobynet.com/private-for-sale-general-17/)
-   -   another whats it worth - sti jdm v7 (https://www.scoobynet.com/private-for-sale-general-17/761603-another-whats-it-worth-sti-jdm-v7.html)

unfeasablylargegonads 23 April 2009 07:58 PM

another whats it worth - sti jdm v7

Thinking about moving on, but unsure what my car is worth in the current climate.

Its a blue JDM STi V7 (bugeye) done 67000 miles in total.

Mods worth mentioning:
Has the pre cosworth type 25 engine (2.5L spec c heads, uprated bearings, pistons, rods) around 20000 miles ago.
MD195 turbo
Full Miltek SportsCat exhaust
Exedy twin plate clutch
Morrete headlights.

Average condition for year (has the usual stone chips).

Intended to put a big turbo or just bigger injectors/uprated fuel pressure on it after running the engine in a bit but never got round to it, so its only running around 340BHP.

what do you lot reckon?

scoobboy 24 April 2009 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by unfeasablylargegonads (Post 8659996)
Thinking about moving on, but unsure what my car is worth in the current climate.

Its a blue JDM STi V7 (bugeye) done 67000 miles in total.

Mods worth mentioning:
Has the pre cosworth type 25 engine (2.5L spec c heads, uprated bearings, pistons, rods) around 20000 miles ago.
MD195 turbo
Full Miltek SportsCat exhaust
Exedy twin plate clutch
Morrete headlights.

Average condition for year (has the usual stone chips).

Intended to put a big turbo or just bigger injectors/uprated fuel pressure on it after running the engine in a bit but never got round to it, so its only running around 340BHP.

what do you lot reckon?

£6k-£7k

Cocker 24 April 2009 12:42 PM

agreed

bnmotors 24 April 2009 02:50 PM

£6-£7k is what you see them advertised for but what they actually sell for is probably different. in the current market what cars sell for is not reflective of how much time, money and love that owners put into them. if you hunt around you will find bargains. at the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Private sellers make the mistake when pricing their own car by looking at how much similar are priced at. but what they dont do is actually ring to see if they have SOLD. you would be suprised how many £7K cars get sold for £5k. To get "GOOD" money for your car you have to be prepaired to wait for someone to be looking for a car just like yours with all your extras, right colour etc. If your not in a rush or that bothered when it goes then £6-£7k and hope for the best. if you want it sold tomorrow £5-£5995
Good luck with your sale

scoobboy 24 April 2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bnmotors (Post 8661563)
£6-£7k is what you see them advertised for but what they actually sell for is probably different. in the current market what cars sell for is not reflective of how much time, money and love that owners put into them. if you hunt around you will find bargains. at the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Private sellers make the mistake when pricing their own car by looking at how much similar are priced at. but what they dont do is actually ring to see if they have SOLD. you would be suprised how many £7K cars get sold for £5k. To get "GOOD" money for your car you have to be prepaired to wait for someone to be looking for a car just like yours with all your extras, right colour etc. If your not in a rush or that bothered when it goes then £6-£7k and hope for the best. if you want it sold tomorrow £5-£5995
Good luck with your sale

hmmmmm......... funny enough you offered me 5k for my 410bhp 2002 STI lol

bnmotors 25 April 2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by scoobboy (Post 8661583)
hmmmmm......... funny enough you offered me 5k for my 410bhp 2002 STI lol

:) offer still stands:)