ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cops with Caneras (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/761208-cops-with-caneras.html)

f1_fan 21 April 2009 09:17 PM

Cops with Cameras

Had the pleasure of watching the last half of this fine piece of televisual entertainment tonight.

Right at the end they tell you what happened to everyone who was arrested in the programme. Several were found not guilty, some found guilty of minor offences and not the offence they were arrested for despite overwhelming evidence (e.g. 40 or so stolen phones etc.).

The most any of them received was a £750 fine and a community order and that was for having a drink inside the ground of a football match and being racially abusive. Others arrested for drug possession, counterfeiting (£20 notes) and theft got cautions or minor fines or let off completely.

No wonder the police can't be bothered to investigate half the crimes, what's the point when the scumbags get let off time and time again. What is wrong with the courts? This country is quickly becoming lawless and no wonder. :mad:

The Zohan 21 April 2009 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 8655945)
Had the pleasure of watching the last half of this fine piece of televisual entertainment tonight.

Right at the end they tell you what happened to everyone who was arrested in the programme. Several were found not guilty, some found guilty of minor offences and not the offence they were arrested for despite overwhelming evidence (e.g. 40 or so stolen phones etc.).

The most any of them received was a £750 fine and a community order and that was for having a drink inside the ground of a football match and being racially abusive. Others arrested for drug possession, counterfeiting (£20 notes) and theft got cautions or minor fines or let off completely.

No wonder the police can't be bothered to investigate half the crimes, what's the point when the scumbags get let off time and time again. What is wrong with the courts? This country is quickly becoming lawless and no wonder. :mad:

It does make you want to weep, the scum know they are on top and have little to fear and they carry on regardless, See the thread about the POS who stabbed and paralysed a student. He got 10 years, be out in 6 for effectively taking a guys life from him. All these cops show are the same, the cops arrest the scum of the UK, the courts let them out on bail regardless of the crime and they either do not turn up in court or get next to nothing.

We all pay the price with rising crime and problems associated with scum out of control!

Makes you sick!!!

Gordo 21 April 2009 09:32 PM

I have to say, I do feel sorry for coppers this week. Not only are there more and more scum getting away with things (let off with a slapped wrist) but the poor sods policing the pillocks from sri lanka in front of westminster daren't do anything unless they're put up on a criminal charge themselves, merely for doing their jobs! Day after day an illegal demo is allowed to continue as the police have been emasculated through lack of support from a pathetic weak government.

Enough of the lefty namby pambyism - let's get tough on crime again, and tough on the little sh1ts that populate our schools whilst we're at it. Here's hoping the downturn will lead to some respect and good old-fashioned values returning to society, with people made responsible for their actions for a change.

Gordo

Felix. 22 April 2009 07:20 AM

The ones that got off, the CPS will judge there was not enough evidence. Some punishment is set with their previous records and it all depends on what was said in interview.

Classic case. Person found driving a stole car, in interview all he has to say is that he has just bought it from a bloke in a pub called 'Dave'. CPS will say we will have to trace 'Dave' or prove he stole the car. Their advice NFA.

Prisons are also full. Did you know there are about 800 spaces left in the UK prisons in total. But there about 8000 people who are currently wanted on recall back to prison.

Yes, the scum are winning (watch Shameless - its about as real as it gets). But don't ask to go back to the policing styles of Gene Hunt and Carter & Regan. Look at the G20 protests, bloke gets pushed over and there is hell on.

The Zohan 22 April 2009 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Felix. (Post 8656617)
The ones that got off, the CPS will judge there was not enough evidence. Some punishment is set with their previous records and it all depends on what was said in interview.

True story, i was there and a witness to it all.

Midday midweek, group of four lads walking down Abington Street on shouting and acting up. He starts kicking shop windows and scaring the passers by. he is getting worse. I call the Police after he starts jumping at cars and swearing at the drivers. They attend some 10 mins later once he had tried to drag a driver out of a car and kicked in the wing and door of a polo which i witnessed + terrifying passers by. I saw all of this as i decided to intervene if he looked like he was going to hurt someone.

Eventually the police caught him and after a heated discussion with him swearing his head off and one cop unslinging his pepper/cs spray the lad gave up.

I gave a witness statement at home later that day.

CPS decided not to prosecute. apparently he got a warning and let off.

His excuse was his ex had phoned him and told him she was pregnant, his new g/f had found out and dumped him. he got his dole/JSA money got pi$$ed and drugged up and went on the rampage.

He was 'known' to the Police

Sad and true story of how poor the CPS can be.

Simon K 22 April 2009 09:09 AM

Even if they are convicted, where are they going to put them ? all the prisons are full !

Seems like more and more yobs, criminals and drug dealers get off nowadays. The number of honest people, working hard, paying tax, is decreasing, where as the amount of dole claiming, pretending to be mdecially unfit to work, drug dealing on the side scummers, are increasing. In the end, the people who work, then get clobbered more for tax, to pay for these scummers, and their hundreds of kids.

What we need is some Sadam Hussain style law and order. The G20 senerio, for every hit those cops did, 20 protestors were smashing up / graffiting signs / walls. That wasnt going to be a quiet protest, so going there you knew you were up for a scrap, and I was pleased to see the police responded.

SBK

f1_fan 22 April 2009 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Felix. (Post 8656617)
Yes, the scum are winning (watch Shameless - its about as real as it gets). But don't ask to go back to the policing styles of Gene Hunt and Carter & Regan. Look at the G20 protests, bloke gets pushed over and there is hell on.

Couldn't agree more. I really do not know how the police are supposed to do their job. When they do some real policing the media and do-gooders are on hand to ensure the scum get off and the police get reprimanded. It really is hopeless. :(

We need a government with some spine and neither the current incumbents or Cameron's mob have any.

GC8WRX 22 April 2009 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 8656652)
True story, i was there and a witness to it all.

Midday midweek, group of four lads walking down Abington Street on shouting and acting up. He starts kicking shop windows and scaring the passers by. he is getting worse. I call the Police after he starts jumping at cars and swearing at the drivers. They attend some 10 mins later once he had tried to drag a driver out of a car and kicked in the wing and door of a polo which i witnessed + terrifying passers by. I saw all of this as i decided to intervene if he looked like he was going to hurt someone.

Eventually the police caught him and after a heated discussion with him swearing his head off and one cop unslinging his pepper/cs spray the lad gave up.

I gave a witness statement at home later that day.

CPS decided not to prosecute. apparently he got a warning and let off.

His excuse was his ex had phoned him and told him she was pregnant, his new g/f had found out and dumped him. he got his dole/JSA money got pi$$ed and drugged up and went on the rampage.

He was 'known' to the Police

Sad and true story of how poor the CPS can be.

Peple like thats hould be doing 40 hrs a week comunity service until he gets a job!

SteveScooby 22 April 2009 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gordo (Post 8656008)
Not only are there more and more scum getting away with things (let off with a slapped wrist) but the poor sods policing the pillocks from sri lanka in front of westminster daren't do anything unless they're put up on a criminal charge themselves, merely for doing their jobs! Day after day an illegal demo is allowed to continue as the police have been emasculated through lack of support from a pathetic weak government.

I know quite a few officers, me included, are re-considering our positions as PSU (riot trained) officers. The posts are filled voluntarily and the view is why should we do it, when if we lay our hands on anyone there is no support from the powers that be.

GC8WRX 22 April 2009 12:46 PM

Cos you shouldnt lay a hand on someone unless its self defence!

The footage i have seen it was the coppers who were the agressors :mad:;)

Devildog 22 April 2009 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Simon K (Post 8656721)
Even if they are convicted, where are they going to put them ? all the prisons are full !

There's plenty of space if you up the occupancy rates.

Just put more in each cell and and stuff their so called "human rights"

Felix. 22 April 2009 05:16 PM

Here's another one for you.

About 10,000 inmates due for early release on licence turned it down - preferring to serve the full sentence in jail.....!!!!

What does that tell you?

The Zohan 22 April 2009 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Felix. (Post 8657643)
Here's another one for you.

About 10,000 inmates due for early release on licence turned it down - preferring to serve the full sentence in jail.....!!!!

What does that tell you?

Holy Poo!

Bonehead 22 April 2009 09:05 PM

A mate of mine retired the other week after 20 odd years as plod. He said the single worst thing that happened in his career was the arrival of the CPS. They wont follow through with a case unless there's a 51% chance of success
He said pre-CPS they used to go with 50% cases and the vast majority would win.

fatherpierre 22 April 2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8657111)
Cos you shouldnt lay a hand on someone unless its self defence!

The footage i have seen it was the coppers who were the agressors :mad:;)

You need to get real and read up on common law, and more importantly the public order act of 1986 ;)

fatherpierre 22 April 2009 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bonehead (Post 8658206)
A mate of mine retired the other week after 20 odd years as plod. He said the single worst thing that happened in his career was the arrival of the CPS. They wont follow through with a case unless there's a 51% chance of success
He said pre-CPS they used to go with 50% cases and the vast majority would win.

I'd say it now the case where CPS won't allow cases through without a 90% chance of a conviction.

They have a job to do, but they don't help..........

Felix. 22 April 2009 10:34 PM

I would say its about 90% as well.

And even then they go to court and lose

fatherpierre 22 April 2009 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Felix. (Post 8658455)
I would say its about 90% as well.

And even then they go to court and lose

And we get the blame for the incomptence!

And people think the DVLA are bad.............

The Zohan 23 April 2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 8658471)
And we get the blame for the incomptence!

I am not sure you do, most rational people realise that the police catch the scumbags and the court/cps then either let them off, out on bail never to return or give them laughable punishments.

Funnily enough it was the road/street wars type programmes that brought that home to me more as much as chatting with people in the job. A neighbour and good friend is in the job as is my brother in law.

It is a shame when the rank and file are let down by officers, most recently filmed at the G20 and what looks like assulting the public. There may well be m ore than meets the eye of course.

However out of the 5000 or so police there it appears 1 or 2 appear to be misbehaving.

As i have said before the police police our streets with the publics' consent and this is the only way it willl work. I have seen the police operate in many countries around the world and TBH i would rather deal with a British cop any day of the week.

It is a shame that they are let down by the government who see them as a toy, there to forward thier policital agendas and the CPS

GC8WRX 23 April 2009 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 8658274)
You need to get real and read up on common law, and more importantly the public order act of 1986 ;)

So the law says its ok for coppers to randomly tw@ people with sheilds and batons does it? :mad:

Typical copers view, were are right 100 percent of the time, no if or buts!

YOU need to get real, the G20 coppers were spoiling for a fight from the off, and the "kettle" tactics were the biggest fcuk up of it all, but what do you expect from the filth!

Surely if a large group is causing a bit of greif, the best thing to do is disperse them, not round them up like sardines and keep them in a relatively confined space, thats bound to make it worse for everyone!

Are you a copper, you sound like you have your head up your arse, so that idicates a copper to me!

Are you gutted that you werent part of G20, and you didnt get to beat up on people? ;):Suspiciou