ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Finally a call and acknowledfement from the PM that MP's expences need looking at. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/761206-finally-a-call-and-acknowledfement-from-the-pm-that-mps-expences-need-looking-at.html)

Snazy 21 April 2009 09:15 PM

Finally a call and acknowledfement from the PM that MP's expences need looking at.

Im sure what ever ruling they put in place will be just in time for the PM and many other Labour MP's to lose their seats.....

Convinient, or just bowing to public pressure?

Either way, the Tories seem ok with the plan, but Libs not happy with the across the board planned payment, which is a fair point also.

Snazy 21 April 2009 09:16 PM

I really should re-read before hitting enter lol, wtf does that say!
One handed typing sucks! My excuse and im sticking to it. :D

The Zohan 21 April 2009 09:18 PM

I think it matters little what Brown says or does now as he has lost the trust and respect of the public and even MP's of his own party in soem cases, even the die-hards are not happy!

serves him right!

How is your arm???:)

Snazy 21 April 2009 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 8655947)
I think it matters little what Brown says or does now as he has lost the trust and respect of the public and even MP's of his own party in soem cases, even the die-hards are not happy!

serves him right!

How is your arm???:)

could not agree more mate, the sooner he goes the better now. just interesting how he is bringing the reforms in on his party's exit. wonder what else he will do before leaving. budget should be interesting to say the least.

Arm is ok ta :) (see thread lol )

mykp 21 April 2009 11:58 PM

perhaps I am being synical but what measures have they (MP's) or will introduce to make up for this reduction in expenses. Synical because I have yet to see a poor MP or councillor for that matter!

Snazy 22 April 2009 12:43 AM

Set wage increase to eliminate the need to claim expences, so I understand.

hutton_d 22 April 2009 07:50 AM

Not that he'd be wanting to divert attention from the budget today now would he? 'course not .......

Dave

Snazy 22 April 2009 10:19 AM

Lol noooooo not at all eh.
Let's see what the final kick in the ribs to the british public will contain.

SJ_Skyline 22 April 2009 10:26 AM

Asking the pigs to vote to remove the trough, that's a quaint idea. :lol1:

Leslie 22 April 2009 11:05 AM

Headlines I saw today was talking about a £200 a day attendance allowance! If they are anything like the MEP's they will sign in for ten minutes and then go home! It would cost us even more at that rate!

Les :(

unclebuck 22 April 2009 11:08 AM

This doesn't answer the public's concerns regarding 'second home allowance' in any way at all.

The fact that it isn't available to Ministers already living in 'grace and favour' homes reveals that the 'daily allowance' is still intended as payment for "food, furniture, fittings, fuel, mortgage interest, rent or council tax".

The only difference will be that they don't have to produce any receipts AT ALL for it. It is simply taking this much maligned allowance and hiding it away once again from the prying eyes of the taxpayers who fund it. It will also be payable to all but London MPs, whether they have actually incurred any costs or not!

It's more smoke and mirrors in a sad and pathetic attempt to dupe the public into thinking that something is being done.

Some of the other proposals, on outside employment and MPs' staff are welcome but just don't go far enough! MPs' staff should be recruited externally and subject to Civil Service salary scales!

unclebuck 22 April 2009 11:14 AM

this about sums it up:

QUENTIN LETTS: Gordon Brown's appeal to the nation on Number 10 TV | Mail Online

http://www.number10.gov.uk/number-10-tv

har har.... :cuckoo:

Leslie 23 April 2009 11:47 AM

Makes me feel ill to watch it, just like that other bloke who was before him!

Les