ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESC Family outing to a Zoo 2009, Ideas please....... (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/760369-esc-family-outing-to-a-zoo-2009-ideas-please.html)

BRI4N 17 April 2009 08:08 PM

ESC Family outing to a Zoo 2009, Ideas please.......

After previous successful days out, I was thinking of organising one later this year. But not sure where to go.

So, people's suggestions please.:)

I have 3 ideas to start us off,

MonkeyWorld (Dorset)

or

Howletts (Kent)

Or

Whipsnade (Bedfordshire) - They actually do a Car Club Package that could be pursued.:wonder:

mikef04 17 April 2009 08:12 PM

Longleat, zoo's not bad, country roads to it excellent:)

Nurse Gladys 17 April 2009 08:34 PM

Would be very interested in this - Monkey World is great - though it was about 8 years ago we visited!:thumb:

spally 17 April 2009 09:42 PM

seeing as longleat and monkey world have already been done as a family day, think it would be good to try 1 of the others as something different.

FLAT ERIC 17 April 2009 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by spally (Post 8647807)
seeing as Longleat and monkey world have already been done as a family day, think it would be good to try 1 of the others as something different.

Did we go to Longleat? :wonder:

Oh yes I remember.

That nice man in the colourful jumper said we could park on his drive by his water feature. :lol1:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ATLONGLEAT.jpg

Nurse Gladys 17 April 2009 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC (Post 8647887)
Did we go to Longleat? :wonder:

Oh yes I remember.

That nice man in the colourful jumper said we could park on his drive by his water feature. :lol1:

That is some picture WOW! :notworthy:luxhello::notworthy:luxhello::notworthy :luxhello::notworthy:luxhello::notworthy:luxhello:

FLAT ERIC 17 April 2009 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX (Post 8647891)
That is some picture WOW! :notworthy:luxhello::notworthy:luxhello::notworthy :luxhello::notworthy:luxhello::notworthy:luxhello:

It was Phil's fault. He made us do it. :Suspiciou

Not known to be shrinking violets the ESC. :lol1:

Budgie 17 April 2009 10:21 PM

where is that bloke dunton now:wonder:
btw, we msoc are doing a zoo meet
posted it up before you lot:p:hjtwofing
joint meet maybe?

spally 17 April 2009 10:25 PM

do you get a group discount with the MSOC???? ha ha

mrs_b4 18 April 2009 12:04 AM

My vote is for Howlett's excellent place not too far so we wouldn't have to leave at crow's fart:)

Nurse Gladys 18 April 2009 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by spally (Post 8647970)
do you get a group discount with the MSOC???? ha ha

Probably all get in on one family ticket.............................:D

Spec'c'57 18 April 2009 08:57 AM

:lol: great to have yet another member abusing them. ;) :D:D

Milamber 18 April 2009 09:40 AM

not been to whipsnades in about 35 years, a vote for that one.

e6tony 18 April 2009 11:00 AM

all of them sound good people , will be interested in them all but howletts not far from me so i could av longer in bed and meet u lot on the way ha ha ha

TomR555 18 April 2009 12:52 PM

they all sound great to me :thumb:

TomR555 18 April 2009 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX (Post 8648385)

:lol:

Arkwright 18 April 2009 01:27 PM

Been to Monkeyworld with scoobybluewrx it was a very good day out but there was lot`s of monkeys, Big monkey`s, medium size monkeys, Little monkeys ( we had one with us ) (( cozmoz )) oh yeah different colour monkeys are you getting my drift yet.
Ok before you start I know it was called MONKEY WORLD but by the end of the day seen one seen em all.
Just my opinion :Whatever_
However been to Whipsnade quite a few years ago very very good day out and said after we`d go again. :notworthy :luxhello:
so there`s my vote

Diesel_DC 18 April 2009 06:32 PM

:luvlove:

Still one of the best pictures to come out of the many ESC outings

This was a cracking day out as well.

Diesel_DC 18 April 2009 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 8648904)
Been to Monkeyworld with scoobybluewrx it was a very good day out but there was lot`s of monkeys, Big monkey`s, medium size monkeys, Little monkeys ( we had one with us ) (( cozmoz )) oh yeah different colour monkeys are you getting my drift yet.
Ok before you start I know it was called MONKEY WORLD but by the end of the day seen one seen em all.
Just my opinion :Whatever_
However been to Whipsnade quite a few years ago very very good day out and said after we`d go again. :notworthy :luxhello:
so there`s my vote

I agree its only monkeys but in my view you could watch the chimps all day and not get bored as they are always up to something.

But then I think Monkey World is brilliant.

What about watching the MSOC on their next meet, just as much wildlife to be seen :lol1:

Supercue 18 April 2009 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX (Post 8648385)

2 for 1 would do the job nicely ;)

BOT.....

Whipsnade and a car deal sounds good :top:

BRI4N 20 April 2009 10:36 PM

Any other thoughts on this?

Looks like Whipsnade is favorite at the moment.:)

e6graham 21 April 2009 07:33 AM

whipsnade sound good to me

e6tony 21 April 2009 08:34 AM

whipsnade is all good brian , lets do it !

Arkwright 21 April 2009 08:36 AM

Just had a look at the Whipsnade car club package a discount AND we get to show off our cars in our own display area.
I`am sure all you shrinking violets out there would dismay at that idea? :lol1::D
Anyway I`ll vote for a second time for WHIPSNADE :luxhello:
Oh and I noticed dates for this are limited to a first come first serve basis so come on fellow scoob owners shake a leg show some enthusiam for taking the family out.
Lets get it booked I suppose if we are struggling for numbers we could always join forces with Budgies ropey old crew :cry:. What do you reckon Brian?

Mrs spec'c'57 21 April 2009 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 8654195)
Lets get it booked I suppose if we are struggling for numbers we could always join forces with Budgies ropey old crew .

Joining with them wouldn't make much diference.......I wouldn't really call 2 members a force :lol1::lol1:

pinseeker 21 April 2009 08:46 AM

Is there a minimum amount of cars required for the Whipsnade display ?
Looks a nice place to go :thumb:

MadOli 21 April 2009 08:46 AM

haven't been to whipsnade before :thumb:
although the car club thing does say classic or vintage cars I'm sure they could be persuaded :wonder::D

e6tony 21 April 2009 08:47 AM

come on then people lets get this done!

Arkwright 21 April 2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs spec'c'57 (Post 8654207)
Joining with them wouldn't make much diference.......I wouldn't really call 2 members a force :lol1::lol1:

:lol::lol::lol:

Bless` em they might be lonely going on there own, or together holding hands. :luvlove:

Supercue 21 April 2009 08:53 AM

Brian,
Sam & I will be a deffo for Whipsnade:top: