ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   £250 for Getting into Work in the Snow - Public or Private Sector? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/758961-250-for-getting-into-work-in-the-snow-public-or-private-sector.html)

Dieseldog 11 April 2009 11:27 AM

£250 for Getting into Work in the Snow - Public or Private Sector?

Not too

NotoriousREV 11 April 2009 12:51 PM

I love how they're rewarding staff that "went the extra mile" rather than docking those that didn't turn up to work £250 each. :mad:

Rudolph Hooker 11 April 2009 02:26 PM

Its just appalling, more free money .......... but where does it come from? Just like the money paid to freeloading MP's it comes from the rate and tax payer.

The Zohan 11 April 2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hooker (Post 8634290)
Its just appalling, more free money .......... but where does it come from? Just like the money paid to freeloading MP's it comes from the rate and tax payer.

Its not free, taxpayers fund the 'Go the extra mile' scheme - so, for turning up for work, in bad weather they got additional taxpayers money to the tune of £ 250.00 each - it would be funny if not true.

Now i am waiting for money from the HMRC, they have a 3-4 month backlog, will they be deducting money from the people working there or paying me interest - i guess neither!

bioforger 11 April 2009 02:57 PM

FFS ridiculous. Not only the obvious taking of money from the taxpayer but effectively bribing the not so well off to risk their lives in extreme weather conditions, to go the 'extra mile'. I hate that feckin expression in business to, such aload of bollocks. Companies couldn't give a monkies about their employees, so achieving the extra mile means nothing anyway.

AndyC_772 11 April 2009 05:36 PM

I don't get the whole macho p*ssing contest about who can make it into work in the most adverse conditions. If it's possible to make the journey without putting yourself or others at undue risk, then go into work. If it isn't, you stay at home.

I can't believe many peoples' jobs are so critically important that to spend a few days away from them is ruinous. But to see the reaction here and in the press you'd think it was OK - even expected - for people to risk their own safety and that of others just to get into the office.

Nat 11 April 2009 05:41 PM

My private sector company gave £100 to a lot of folk who made an effort to come in in the bad weather :)

bugeyeandy 11 April 2009 05:46 PM

My private sector company did nothing for us, then again it was only a bit of snow not armageddon.

Luther 11 April 2009 05:55 PM

I'm a civil servant... and I got fudge all... :(

SunnySideUp 11 April 2009 07:26 PM

As far as I remember, it was only the Teachers for whom it was too difficult to get in for work! The rest of the country struggled through ...............

Timwinner 11 April 2009 07:28 PM

Now if only CPS could go that extra mile and put some charges forward..........

kingofturds 11 April 2009 07:32 PM

Personally I think they deserve it working day and night to lock the scum of the earth up,and keep them off our streets. oh wait.......

Leslie 12 April 2009 11:02 AM

Good way to buy a few more votes!

Les :(