ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   2002 sti suspension, your recomendations??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/758928-2002-sti-suspension-your-recomendations.html)

bnmotors 10 April 2009 10:52 PM

2002 sti suspension, your recomendations???

i have a 2002 sti and want to upgrade my suspension. not too bothered about harshness or comfort as i bought the car to drive hard and do some track days so want the works, coilovers, arbs, anti lift kits etc.
i would like to hear everyones recomendations and setups and horror stories.
Any input from TRADERS/SUPPLIERS would be greatly appreciated as i will be spending a few quid at the end of this. recommendations and prices would be great.
thanks

sherlock 11 April 2009 10:25 AM

I have AST's from powerstation on mine, great bit of kit the same one they fit on the T20 T25.

clicky

Sherlock

chrisdicko 11 April 2009 01:27 PM

BC Coilovers

carl heath 11 April 2009 04:11 PM

sorry to crash your thread mate but i have just bought bc coilovers for my 02 sti and am getting them fitted at powerstation in few weeks but heard really good things of the bcs and cant wait to see for myself,got them from cdf racing at an unbeleivable price of 530 delivered.the ast kit is probably better i dont know for sure,but almost 3 times dearer its hard to justify that sort of money,whatever you choose is gonna be better than standard set up.

davedipster 11 April 2009 04:56 PM

BC's here to on a 03sti, I fitted them in Jan this year and I'm still amazed by how bad the std set-up was/how good the BC's are!
£650 all in cos I fitted them myself. Difficulty rating of 1 out of 5 :)

dipster

Luther 11 April 2009 06:13 PM

I'll second what dave said..... Bought some BC's last year from Bren's GB and had them sat in the garage for months thinking they'd be a nightmare to fit and setup. Last weekend, a fellow MSOC'r popped round and had removed the standard struts and fitted the new kit all in a couple of hours.... I was shocked and embarrassed at how easy it was to fit.... The money saved is now going towards some new Whiteline (or Perrin) goodies... :D and the car feels so much better for it....:king:

bnmotors 11 April 2009 06:30 PM

cheers for the response so far lads. looks like BCs are a good cost effective option.
If your watching BREN@apex could you give me a price, cheers.
Also want some good prices on whiteline swag. thanks

vance1 11 April 2009 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by carl heath (Post 8634440)
sorry to crash your thread mate but i have just bought bc coilovers for my 02 sti and am getting them fitted at powerstation in few weeks but heard really good things of the bcs and cant wait to see for myself,got them from cdf racing at an unbeleivable price of 530 delivered.the ast kit is probably better i dont know for sure,but almost 3 times dearer its hard to justify that sort of money,whatever you choose is gonna be better than standard set up.

How did you manage to get them for that price? I've an 03 sti, what code is it? GDB? If so they're 599 on the websire which is still a good price.

Luther 11 April 2009 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by bnmotors (Post 8634686)
cheers for the response so far lads. looks like BCs are a good cost effective option.
If your watching BREN@apex could you give me a price, cheers.
Also want some good prices on whiteline swag. thanks

If you're ok to wait.... check out the recent group buy.... very very competetive prices.... and Bren is a top guy.

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...coilovers.html

carl heath 12 April 2009 01:13 PM

532.50 delivered !

got my bc coilovers for my 02 sti (gdb)bugeye for 532.50 delivered last week and still cant beleive it,cdf raceing had a special on 8 sets i think on the first of april (2 weeks ago)so not sure but reckon may have sold out,cant wait to get them on but waiting to get alk and roll center kit first,can anyone tell me tho are they easy to adjust when on height wise ? :thumb::thumb:

davedipster 12 April 2009 05:57 PM

Easy to adjust, but before you fit them add 15 turns to each one, cos they are set very very out the box.
dipster