ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Justice Delivered - GOOD! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/756632-justice-delivered-good.html)

SunnySideUp 31 March 2009 04:06 PM

Justice Delivered - GOOD!

BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Foyle and West | Schoolgirl rapist shot in attack

As the old Webby would say, "The Community Has Spoken" .... only in this instance it fits!! IMO :thumb:

Snazy 31 March 2009 04:12 PM

I wonder if he has a leg to stand on, legally ! lol

GOOD !

GC8WRX 31 March 2009 04:16 PM

Good, the courts would have been soft on him anyway!

Maybe other potential likeminded people will think twice now before doing something!

They should have blown his knees off!

Jamz3k 31 March 2009 04:16 PM

Justice certainly hasn't been delivered just a bunch of yobish chavs have got their jollies by shooting a guy under the vale that they did it because he raped someone.:Whatever_

The community has certainly spoken AGAINST it.

SiPie 31 March 2009 04:16 PM

Don't think it's 'GOOD' if it kick starts all the troubles in Ireland again :(

However, agreed the scum getting what he deserved is indeed GOOD but I do fear for the bigger picture

GC8WRX 31 March 2009 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 8612824)
Justice certainly hasn't been delivered just a bunch of yobish chavs have got their jollies by shooting a guy under the vale that they did it because he raped someone.:Whatever_

The community has certainly spoken AGAINST it.

If it was your daughter or someone you knew would you still feel the same?

The courts are too soft on people like this, hes lucky hes alive!

SunnySideUp 31 March 2009 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8612831)

Agree!!

It's easy to be 'gentle' when you are not affected ..... the bast4rd should have been permanently left in a wheelchair - a court had found him guilty, the community gave the punishment.

GOOD!!!!

Jamo 31 March 2009 04:35 PM

this story was on radio 1, I have to admit to smiling ;)

g7prs 31 March 2009 04:35 PM

The one mistake they made was not shooting him in the balls.

Jamz3k 31 March 2009 04:36 PM

Yes i would feel the same, We have a Police and a Justice system. You're willing to put your life in the hands of scum and work under their interpretation of the Law?

Come back with your sore knee-caps after you've been falsely accused of rape/murder/etc and tell you still agree with viligante crime.

GlesgaKiss 31 March 2009 04:38 PM

I personally think a rapist's punishment should involve being locked in a room with 10 armed women. They could bring baseball bats, knives, or anything else they feel like having a go of.

But I suppose being shot in the legs isn't too bad either.

Nat 31 March 2009 04:41 PM

If you're saying well done etc you're actually supporting terrorism.

This sort of thing is prime to get the "people" on their side and return Ireland to troubles of past.

MattW 31 March 2009 04:43 PM

Much as I sympathise with the sentiments I can't condone that. Medieval punishments.

Nat 31 March 2009 04:44 PM

I actually think supporting this kind of thing is disgusting and shows a complete lack of humanity in the people here who are condoning and celebrating this violent, unlawful, terrorist behaviour.

We either have a judicial and law system or we don't, there is no middle ground.

Jamz3k 31 March 2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8612888)
I actually think supporting this kind of thing is disgusting and shows a complete lack of humanity in the people here who are condoning and celebrating this violent, unlawful, terrorist behaviour.

We either have a judicial and law system or we don't, there is no middle ground.

perfectly put.

GlesgaKiss 31 March 2009 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8612888)

I wasn't replying with the terrorism in mind. I just like the idea of someone who put a young girl through hell being shot in the legs.

OllyK 31 March 2009 04:57 PM

I agree the courts are too soft and that needs sorting, but I wouldn't want to see vigilante justice being met out either, the mob have a tendancy to get things wrong far too often!

OllyK 31 March 2009 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan (Post 8612913)
I wasn't replying with the terrorism in mind. I just like the idea of someone who put a young girl through hell being shot in the legs.

That's the problem, it's all too easy to get swept along in the emotion of it all without considering the bigger picture.

Nat 31 March 2009 06:17 PM

Don't worry, anyway, it's just Pete trolling as usual :thumb:

unclebuck 31 March 2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8613120)
Don't worry, anyway, it's just Pete trolling as usual :thumb:

Yep - the usual lowest common denominator populist garbage.

J4CKO 31 March 2009 08:18 PM

Ok, lets forget the judicial system and leave it to Scary Paddy's with Balaclava's and Guns , I think they may struggle with a complex Commercial Fraud case though.

Who appointed them as judge and Jury ?

Who says they wont get the wrong house ?

Don't blokes sometimes get arrested (and subsequently released) like that one the other day for false rape claims ?

Don't they have a preference for blowing up buildings with people in them (innocent ones, not rapists) which makes them murderers, which in my book is pretty much
in the same ball park as a rapist.

Fine, start advocating these scumbags methods but don't moan when your local shopping center, Police Station etc explodes, it isn't as simple as a rapist getting his just come-uppance.

yoza 31 March 2009 08:26 PM

Allright, allright, calm down...calm down.

SunnySideUp 31 March 2009 08:30 PM

They got the right house, they got the right rapist, they dispatched some justice in the community spirit .............. sorted! :thumb:

Jamz3k 31 March 2009 09:28 PM

***Edited by the Webteam***

Please don't abuse other members.

Diesel 31 March 2009 09:37 PM

On behalf of MY schoolgirl I would be less paranoid and worried in that community at the moment. They taught a convicted low life a behavioural lesson. That matters - esp as CPS knock off at 4 on a Friday.... D

J4CKO 31 March 2009 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 8613473)
They got the right house, they got the right rapist, they dispatched some justice in the community spirit .............. sorted! :thumb:

This time, I agree that rapists are low lives but I don't agree other low life's who are quite happy to do stuff like blow someones kneecaps apart are any better, suppose he wont be troubling any more school girls.

hodgy0_2 31 March 2009 09:45 PM

random dispensation of "justice" is the hallmark of facism

SunnySideUp 31 March 2009 09:50 PM

My point exactly JACKO .... whilst I do not agree with having to deal with the issue outside of the justice system - that system lets down women who have been raped - the penalty imposed by the courts will hurt much less than what these vigilanties dished out and for that I applaud them.

He will not rape a schoolgirl again I would imagine, he may have if it was just left to the courts to discourage him!

unclebuck 31 March 2009 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 8613765)
random dispensation of "justice" is the hallmark of facism

Certainly is - that's why thick bullies advocate it.

:idea:

dpb 31 March 2009 10:02 PM

Lewis your the scared puppy whose allways two steps behind the school bully,egging him on, and then switching allegience when it looks like hes met his match .

Pathetic