ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   ripped off on ebay (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/756100-ripped-off-on-ebay.html)

batmanwrx 28 March 2009 10:28 PM

ripped off on ebay

recently i bought a apexi for 350 off of fleebay i waited for my item to arrive but after waiting i got a little peed off ,so i chased it up and to cut a long story short the guys being a complete n*b

i asked him for the tracking number he sent me the wrong one i paid for him to post first class insured he never he posted it second class

now it is lost i asked him for all shipping details but he refuses to give me them i feel if indeed it was sent he is going to claim for the item himself and keep 2 loads of money

i have opened a dispute through paypal but im not going to hold my breath even if they award in my favour im sure he will just stop using the account so they cant recover the money

is there any way i can find out where the guy lives the details i have are as follows

his name on the paypal acount is as follows RICK MASDEN

the phone number i have for him is 078506449244

im pretty sure he comes from the Yorkshire area

all i want is my money back is that so bad is there any way i can find out where he lives ect ect

if any on has had the same problems and sorted it out info would be appreciated ,steven

Cannon Fodder 28 March 2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by batmanwrx (Post 8607502)
recently i bought a apexi for 350 off of fleebay i waited for my item to arrive but after waiting i got a little peed off ,so i chased it up and to cut a long story short the guys being a complete n*b

i asked him for the tracking number he sent me the wrong one i paid for him to post first class insured he never he posted it second class

now it is lost i asked him for all shipping details but he refuses to give me them i feel if indeed it was sent he is going to claim for the item himself and keep 2 loads of money

i have opened a dispute through paypal but im not going to hold my breath even if they award in my favour im sure he will just stop using the account so they cant recover the money

is there any way i can find out where the guy lives the details i have are as follows

his name on the paypal acount is as follows RICK MASDEN

the phone number i have for him is 078506449244

im pretty sure he comes from the Yorkshire area

all i want is my money back is that so bad is there any way i can find out where he lives ect ect

if any on has had the same problems and sorted it out info would be appreciated ,steven

I am pretty sure that there is an option with Ebay to request the contact details of a seller, you need their name and the Ebay auction number.

I do not know whether this link will work for you but give it a try:wonder:

eBay Search: Find Contact Information

It should give you the name, address and telephone number for the seller, hope this helps.:thumb:

jasongtr 28 March 2009 10:37 PM

sorry to hear that mate

audioscape 28 March 2009 10:40 PM

had the same issue with ebay recently used paypal to recover my money got it back in full after 14 days

hoger954 28 March 2009 10:44 PM

ripped off

sorry 2 hear u have been ripped off. I got ripped off by a guy off heer it waz for an apexi aswell i did get my money back but it waz when i went 2 the police they got it back 4 me

batmanwrx 28 March 2009 10:48 PM

cheers guys

cossie-nutter 28 March 2009 11:56 PM

Is he on S/N ?

akcwong 29 March 2009 02:00 AM

if you paid by paypal, you can file a claim, open dispute and get your money. I recently bought STI suspension set from JDMSTI03 via the advert here. Similar situration with yours, no reply, no tracking no. At the end, I filed the claim and managed to get half of the money back from paypal. At least better than nothing...

batmanwrx 29 March 2009 10:36 AM

iv opened a dispute but im not going to hold my breath

cster 29 March 2009 10:40 AM

A- Join the club
B- Good luck
I got ripped £1500, but eventually managed to get it back via Mastercard.
Paypal were f*cking useless.
Mastercard weren't that happy to pay out either.

apples24 29 March 2009 10:43 AM

that mobile number is one digit too long

dabow 29 March 2009 11:04 AM

id request his details, and have a drive there.

see what the prick says to your face.
done that a couple of times

good luck my friend

MR_MAJ 29 March 2009 12:11 PM

You usually get the address when you buy and on checkout - its on the email that ebay send out.

Have you checked that?

pimmo2000 29 March 2009 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by MR_MAJ (Post 8608239)
You usually get the address when you buy and on checkout - its on the email that ebay send out.

Have you checked that?

Not the sellers address you don't .. you have no reason for it.

MR_MAJ 29 March 2009 12:33 PM

Iv just checked on the last 6 items iv won and iv got the sellers address there everytime.

Perhaps only given if seller selects Cheque/Po payment as a possibility for facilitating getting the payment to the seller.

CrisPDuk 29 March 2009 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 8608265)
Not the sellers address you don't .. you have no reason for it.

Yeah you do, or at least, It has always appeared on all the ones I've received ;)

Good luck with Paypal Batman :thumb:

I always pay my paypal through my credit card rather than with my debit a/c, Payscam hate you doing this and do everything they can to dissuade you.
This is because if something goes wrong the CC company will actively pursue them for all disputed funds :thumb:
Whereas if you pay by debit card, Paythief will only refund whatever they can recoup from whoever scammed you :mad:

pimmo2000 29 March 2009 12:50 PM

Where ? I've got three things I just won and cant find any addresses ??

pimmo2000 29 March 2009 12:51 PM

Double checked, I cant find it anywhere on any of them..

MR_MAJ 29 March 2009 12:51 PM

My sentiments exactly......Always remember Paypal FAVOUR the CROOK!!!!

Since eBay force sellers to use paypal the only protection is to do as CrisPDuk described.

When you receive paypal funds - remove them from your account asap and charge new payments directly from your credit card!

scunnered 29 March 2009 01:48 PM

When you open a Paypal dispute, go into the resolution centre, and click on "Details" in the open cases section. You'll find the sellers address in there.