ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Total Wipeout on BBC1 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/756056-total-wipeout-on-bbc1.html)

HankScorpio 28 March 2009 07:23 PM

Total Wipeout on BBC1

Anyone watching this? Not seen it before but it's hilarious :D
People getting properly hurt, it's ace :notworthy

NotoriousREV 28 March 2009 08:12 PM

We love it, the only problem is our 4 year old turns the living room into an assault course.

Scotsman 28 March 2009 08:22 PM

Superb show :) - our 4 year old laughs his head off at it too.

M444GY 28 March 2009 11:32 PM

i saw it last week for the first time and i was in stitches . the wall with all the boxing gloves is the best lol

Will 28 March 2009 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 8607133)
Anyone watching this? Not seen it before but it's hilarious :D
People getting properly hurt, it's ace :notworthy

Ah the 1 with Hammond! yes lol that is superb.

For a sec there i didnt read it properly and just thought of 'Wipeout' the sh1ty one!! do you remember that lol

astraboy 29 March 2009 08:13 AM

apparently its filmed in argentina due to it being totally unacceptable by uk h&s standards.
My mate has auditioned for this, he's just waiting for 'the call'
astraboy.

kingofturds 29 March 2009 08:37 AM

I was p1ssing myself with laughter the other day when one of the "larger" ladies got punched in the face with a boxing glove. Her hole face rippled like a big jelly:lol1:

psigeek 30 March 2009 10:50 AM

The next best thing to Takeshi's Castle!

HankScorpio 30 March 2009 10:57 AM

Yeah, I noticed it was in Argentina and that H&S must be the reason. It might get boring quickly but great to see people getting punched in the face in slow-mo and those balls in the first round are hilarious.

They've also done a great job in post production with the music and comments, would have been easy to become just a more agressive "It's a Knockout" but they've gone beyond that.

g7prs 30 March 2009 11:27 AM

Over the shows i have watched so far the three big red balls that they try and get over have created some hilarious falls. :D

ChrisB 30 March 2009 11:35 AM

It cracks me up too :D

I love the mix of contestants - some super fit people and then somebody who's not shy around the buffet who can barely pull themselves out of the water at the bottom of the water slide on the first test.

SJ_Skyline 30 March 2009 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by psigeek (Post 8609922)
The next best thing to Takeshi's Castle!

It's just a tame version of Takeshi's Castle :thumb:

Torquemada 30 March 2009 12:31 PM

To be honest I prefer watching the American version that was on a good while before this, but called Wipeout (no Bob Monkhouse though).

Watching fat yanks break themselves and whinge is ace, it just seemed funnier than the UK one.

There's an Aussie one too YouTube - Wipeout Australia - Episode 1 Part 1 lol @ the red speedo's :lol1:

MissyV 30 March 2009 05:12 PM

I saw the last episode of this...found it hilarious those red balls shame people up no end!

tbtstt 30 March 2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 8610002)
It's just a tame version of Takeshi's Castle :thumb:

Spot on!

The other "new" BBC game show (which I can't think of the name of - "Hole In The Wall" maybe?) was a rip off of another Japanese show; "Human Tetris"

Still, Total Wipeout was pretty funy, its just nowhere near the level of the utterly un-PC (and totally bizarre) Takeshi's Castle!

Torquemada 30 March 2009 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by tbtstt (Post 8610593)
Spot on!

The other "new" BBC game show (which I can't think of the name of - "Hole In The Wall" maybe?) was a rip off of another Japanese show; "Human Tetris"

Still, Total Wipeout was pretty funy, its just nowhere near the level of the utterly un-PC (and totally bizarre) Takeshi's Castle!

One of my Takeshi faves has gotta be the series of walls where they have to run through doors that are either made of paper or solid wood, sooo funny!:lol1:

Ninja Warrior is good as well but not so comedy :thumb:

Flaps 30 March 2009 05:40 PM

I like this show :lol1:

Anyone ever seen Ninja Warrior? That's a lot tougher.

Flaps 30 March 2009 05:41 PM

Damn you and your faster fingers Torque! :thumb:

Torquemada 30 March 2009 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Flaps (Post 8610631)
Damn you and your faster fingers Torque! :thumb:

Ninja fingers :lol1:

Torquemada 30 March 2009 05:48 PM

Ninja Warrior
YouTube - Ninja Warrior: The Fireman

sarasquares 30 March 2009 06:00 PM

I have watched it a few times but Hammonds commentary was enough to make me turn off, shame as i think he spoils the show :(

Torquemada 30 March 2009 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8610671)
I have watched it a few times but Hammonds commentary was enough to make me turn off, shame as i think he spoils the show :(

Yep, the Hamster does my nut in too!

sarasquares 30 March 2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 8610746)
Yep, the Hamster does my nut in too!

He would be more suited to a cookery programme. I find watching it with the sound off is better :D

Torquemada 30 March 2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8610754)
He would be more suited to a cookery programme. I find watching it with the sound off is better :D

Spot on :thumb:

tbtstt 30 March 2009 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 8610622)
One of my Takeshi faves has gotta be the series of walls where they have to run through doors that are either made of paper or solid wood, sooo funny!:lol1:

Takeshi's Castle Best Of - Part I

Takeshi's Castle Best Of - Part II

Part I contains the paper/wood door challange. I love the fact they charge at full pelt, head first, towards a door that may be completely solid! F**king nutters! :lol1:

Part I also contains my fave feature; the hill ascent, complete with boulders being rolled towards the contestants; a couple of the wipeouts are spectacular!

Torquemada 30 March 2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by tbtstt (Post 8610845)
Takeshi's Castle Best Of - Part I

Takeshi's Castle Best Of - Part II

Part I contains the paper/wood door challange. I love the fact they charge at full pelt, head first, towards a door that may be completely solid! F**king nutters! :lol1:

Part I also contains my fave feature; the hill ascent, complete with boulders being rolled towards the contestants; a couple of the wipeouts are spectacular!

lol, yeah they have no fear!! Headcases! :lol1:

Cheers for the linkys :)

davyboy 30 March 2009 07:29 PM

I do watch it thinking that someone will get seriously hurt on those red balls!

HankScorpio 30 March 2009 08:16 PM

I think the comments and the music make it. Will be watching next week for definite.

psigeek 31 March 2009 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 8610622)

Ninja Warrior is good as well but not so comedy :thumb:

No it's gotta be Bridgeball! Watching get a ball blasted to the side of the head, sugoi!!!

psigeek 31 March 2009 10:21 AM

YouTube - Takeshis Castle - Bridge Ball