ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/)
-   -   *Email Recieved* Scooby Sprint - Big News - Prodrive to enter WRC Car‏!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/755564-email-recieved-scooby-sprint-big-news-prodrive-to-enter-wrc-car.html)

eggy790 26 March 2009 10:15 AM

*Email Recieved* Scooby Sprint - Big News - Prodrive to enter WRC Car‏!!

Our latest constructor team is the motorsport powerhouse Prodrive, who will be running their latest specification Impreza WRC2008 World Rally Car.

The car will be in full WRC trim, which means it will be complete with WRC-Regulation Turbo-Restrictor, but I think we're all still more than a little excited to see it tackle the Scooby Sprint courses, and to finally compare our road cars with the pinacle of Subaru motorsport.

We're delighted to have Prodrive onboard, and it shows their commitment and loyalty to the UK Subaru enthusiasts. It will certainly be a spectacle!

To enter your road, race or rally Subaru, and compete alongside Prodrive's WRC Impreza, go to Scooby Sprint Championship Community - Where to?

Cheers
Simon and the Scooby Sprint Team

ScoobySport.co.uk 26 March 2009 11:25 AM

Cats - Pigeons? :D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 26 March 2009 12:03 PM

Who you calling a pigeon? Prodrive? - never heard of them :p

;)

eggy790 26 March 2009 12:22 PM

lol

what does it mean

The car will be in full WRC trim, which means it will be complete with WRC-Regulation Turbo-Restrictor
whats the regulation ? have i missed it? probs a noob question

ScoobySport.co.uk 26 March 2009 04:15 PM

:)

In the World Rally Championship, the regulations require that WRC car run a Turbo Restrictor, which restricts airflow through the turbo - to effectively limit power.

This means that theoretically the car runs at a maximum of about 350BHP.

Prodrive are competing with this restrictor still in place, so that we all get the opportunity to see how we compare against a professional rally driver in exactly the car we've been watching on the stages.

What will be interesting, is that we all talk a lot about the horse power of our cars and how fast that makes them. This isn't always the case, and I think many people will be surprised to see how quick this thing is.

Having said that, it isn't a foregone conclusion, as we do have some seriously fast scoobies in the UK.

Either way, its going to be very interesting to compare - and this has never been possible before. :)

RA Dunk 26 March 2009 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySport.co.uk (Post 8602741)

yes but how much torque is it running ;)

eggy790 26 March 2009 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySport.co.uk (Post 8602741)

In the World Rally Championship, the regulations require that WRC car run a Turbo Restrictor, which restricts airflow through the turbo - to effectively limit power.

Prodrive are competing with this restrictor still in place, so that we all get the opportunity to see how we compare against a professional rally driver in exactly the car we've been watching on the stages.

What will be interesting, is that we all talk a lot about the horse power of our cars and how fast that makes them. This isn't always the case, and I think many people will be surprised to see how quick this thing is.

Having said that, it isn't a foregone conclusion, as we do have some seriously fast scoobies in the UK.

Either way, its going to be very interesting to compare - and this has never been possible before. :)

thanks for the explanation, will be good to see how they do through the 5 rounds :)

should also convince some others to join

adehook 26 March 2009 06:37 PM

wonder if Petter Solberg will turn up to drive it

eggy790 26 March 2009 08:58 PM

i dont think it'll be solberg driving , probs marcus is it?

eggy790 26 March 2009 08:59 PM

i really wanna see the gobstopper enter this now

IRC450STI 26 March 2009 09:14 PM

Wonder if there will be some sort of TV coverage of scooby sprint 2009 now that prodrive are in it, Things are hotting up now,

Come on Olly enter the Gobstopper

Would like to see Zen in it also :norty:

Surely they would like to go up against the best :D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 27 March 2009 02:45 AM

Why thank you for thinking of me in that way :D