ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Track Days & National Events (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/)
-   -   Best Circuits in England (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/753425-best-circuits-in-england.html)

Fangoria 16 March 2009 03:22 PM

Best Circuits in England

Which in peoples opinions are the best circuits in England

I've only ever done

Snetterton
Mallory
Brands (Indy)
Castle Coombe

I find that Brands tends to detroy the car....maybe its my driving and I dont like the circuit as much as the faster Snetterton or Castle Coombe - then again the car gets shaken to bits on hard suspension settings going into Quarry at Coombe

Any 'must do circuits' in England

What is the Silverstone circuit like - noted there are at least 3 different types of circuit there?

Phil 16 March 2009 05:00 PM

Knockhill is a cracking little circuit

I love Oulton

Fangoria 16 March 2009 07:03 PM

Isnt Knockhill in Scotland - I'm near London so thats quite a Trek

Phil 16 March 2009 07:10 PM

What about Cadwell this Friday?

Going 4 400bhp 16 March 2009 08:16 PM

M25:top:

Fat Boy 16 March 2009 08:21 PM

Brands GP, Donington and Oulton get my vote.

Silverstone GP is very big and very wide so you don't get a lot of sensation of speed there although Copse is quite exciting :)

Fangoria 16 March 2009 11:42 PM

Sorting out perpetual leaking exhaust gasket this week so Cadwell cant do this Friday
I see that Silverstone Southern Circuit is available on Trackdays next week - is this any good?

Where do you all book your trackdays?

I usually use Trackdays.co.uk

Peanuts 17 March 2009 04:59 PM

I tend to use circuit-days and trackmasters for my track time.
Circuit days via northloop.co.uk forum (join to get a discount ;) ) and trackmasters as Terry B is heavily involved and he's my mate.
However, both are very professionally run and involve minimum fuss and disruption.

For tracks, my personal favourite is Cadwell park, its a fantastic circuit and they don't call it the mini ring for nothing.
I like Combe but its a bit samey and the surface is getting rougher and rougher, brands is pretty cool but once you're through Paddock then you're just waiting to get back there again.
Goodwood is a very fast circuit and a bloody hoot because of it but its getting very pricey to get on there nowadays.
I was at Silverstone GP last friday and it was a great track, deceptively fast as said and there are some nice technical sections but dont get hung up on trying to Vmax the hanger straight

Phil 17 March 2009 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fangoria (Post 8581529)
Sorting out perpetual leaking exhaust gasket this week so Cadwell cant do this Friday
I see that Silverstone Southern Circuit is available on Trackdays next week - is this any good?

Where do you all book your trackdays?

I usually use Trackdays.co.uk

Subaru Impreza Drivers Club -> 2009 Track Day Calendar

Fangoria 18 March 2009 02:15 PM

Thanks
I definately need to do a lot more track days - would be nice to have a faster car though - 600bhp would do the trick, as 450-500bhp isnt enough for me!

Phil 18 March 2009 03:29 PM

Power isn't everything

I have a 205Gti and tbh I enjoy using that MORE than my Impreza at a lot of these circuits

Fangoria 19 March 2009 09:17 AM

Funny you should say that - I used to put my firms company car on the Track - An audi A3 Turbo and since it was a company car I didnt really care and drove it on the limit (there was nothing in my contract about this - but they would have taken a dim view if they knew what I was doing I'm sure!)