ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Bugs / Feature Requests Archive (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/)
-   -   New & Improved Scoobynet (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/752883-new-and-improved-scoobynet.html)

Scooby_Maxus 13 March 2009 10:46 PM

New & Improved Scoobynet

Wow, new and IMPROVED..............I cant believe its not butter......... another new & improved scoobynet ;) - three times as slow as before and full of even more cr*p adverts..................so now we have bingo and lips stick ads to compliment the HUGE A plan addy...... this is progress huh! Am I alone in thinking this sucks?

AlanPPP 13 March 2009 10:48 PM

Well seeing as A plan have just saved me a bomb on my insurance i'd say No :)

Judally 13 March 2009 10:58 PM

Its very slow tonight taking about a minute just to load a page if there are pictures even longer.

GC8 13 March 2009 11:01 PM

Its got slower forme as the missing RTM button returned, if that helps anyone...

TingTongPJ 13 March 2009 11:13 PM

its very slow and nothing seems to make it any quicker, if i had paid membership i would complain but seeing as i'm just a visiting user you have to put up with it. remember its all about money now days hence all the adverts i mean look at the tv, america is taking over the world next we'll all be in debt like them and our economy will be knackered oh ! thats has already happend.

Boyakasha 14 March 2009 08:31 AM

Can we not get rid of that stupid A-Plan banner it really fecks me off and I'm with A-Plan :D

At least give us the option. I paid money to be able to stop seeing ads :mad:

MaDaSS 14 March 2009 11:32 AM

LOL, i posted this reply yesterday and thought i would come back today and see if it has got there! Hahaha.

Scooby_Maxus 14 March 2009 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Boyakasha (Post 8575653)
Can we not get rid of that stupid A-Plan banner it really fecks me off and I'm with A-Plan :D

At least give us the option. I paid money to be able to stop seeing ads :mad:

Me too - what was the money for (I am also with A plan.....)?

No reply from Webby Stu and now side lined into Bugs/Features section eh.........so we have no voice in the main forum then.....

Markus 14 March 2009 06:12 PM

This is the correct place for such a thread, the main forum isn't, that is probably why it's been moved here.

Evolution Stu 14 March 2009 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby_Maxus (Post 8576186)
No reply from Webby Stu .

Sorry, am I blind or have you removed the question you appear to think I was expected to reply to? :confused:

Scooby_Maxus 14 March 2009 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 8576634)
Sorry, am I blind or have you removed the question you appear to think I was expected to reply to? :confused:

Apologies if earlier comment was a little cryptic. What’s with all the cr*p adverts and slower speed. How exactly have you improved Scoobynet?

Having paid for “less adverts” there does appear to be an explosion of.....now let me see

Bingo (yup - thanks for that, never play myself - but promoting gambling does seem to fit with a car based web site)

Makeup adds -yes I can see that one also........for all those die in the wall petrol head Scooby drivers out there - desparate to win a years free makeup :)

What’s next?

Maybe we could have a mini competition and try and guess.... my vote "Stuffed Aardvark.com" for all your Aardvark needs......, equally relevant to Scoobynet.

So come on Stu, spill the beans what can we expect over the coming months eh....more or less adverts?

Evolution Stu 15 March 2009 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby_Maxus (Post 8577239)
Apologies if earlier comment was a little cryptic. What’s with all the cr*p adverts and slower speed.

Advert Contents are a point of contention at the moment. Our ads are served by Google, not us directly, and the adsense system has indeed been serving some non relevant adverts, we hope this will be fixed soon.

Advert positioning:
We are looking to resolve the forum templates and layouts as soon as possible but the forum has some more pressing issues at the moment that need dealing with as a matter of urgency. rest assured that as soon as we get round to them it will be made clear what has been done by public announcement as i do with all changes.

How exactly have you improved Scoobynet?

How have I personally Improved Scoobynet?
Since I became admin in December last year I have done the following:
(Pasted from my jobs to do and done list, in no particular order; )

Noteable Policy Changes:
  • Removed infraction system and replaced with my own.
  • Re-written and Improved ScoobyNet rules and made available to all.
  • Changed some trading policies and made it easier to trade on here.

Feature Fixes:
  • Fixed Search system.
  • Fixed quick edit.
  • Fixed multi quote
  • Fixed go to last post feature.
  • Fixed E-Mail Notification problems.
  • Fixed time zone problem.
  • Fixed various graphics problems around the site.

Feature changes:
  • Removed post rating system as it was creating negativity.
  • Enabled forum search for all members.
  • Changed huge sticky font system.
  • Improved list of smileys.
  • Spell checker and quick edit options added to quick reply box.
  • All users given an infraction amnesty and a fresh start.
  • Updated forum to latest stable tested VBulletin version.
  • Removed Instaban buttons as mods now have better feature.
  • New Traders Contact Forum added.

Feature Improvements / additions:Webteam Changes.
  • Recruited more moderators.
  • Added many moderation tools.
  • Created a system that allows us access to all deleted posts fast.
  • Improved the RTM system.

There are many more as that list is not exhaustive, it is simply a cut and paste of the main changes I have made that were worth noting, there are just as many tweaks again that weren't note worthy IMO.
Plus there have been a lot of fixes behind the scene this last 2 weeks related to the template changes we have made when upgrading to this VBulletin version... not to mention the time I have spent reviewing the usergroups and trying to get a new, easier to understand membership scheme in place. (Almost ready)

I hope this goes someway to show that I do care about the way this forum runs and I am actively improving things as time goes by. Unfortunately these things take time as i have to have resources allocated to me to do the things I cannot do myself, but I am pretty much working through and fixing everything that is wrong with the forum, piece by piece.

MaDaSS 15 March 2009 04:13 PM

Well the only other thing to fix is how the site gets loaded in IE8 when compared to Firefox then! LOL.
Please see my post in the General section.