ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   WRX Remap - Lack of Cooling ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/752808-wrx-remap-lack-of-cooling.html)

dlynch 13 March 2009 07:00 PM

WRX Remap - Lack of Cooling ?

Hi,

Cany anyone help - It ried to get my car (WRX 2004) remapped today on the rollers. I got a call at the end of the day telling em he hasnt been able to do it. He explained that the fans he has were not strong enough to keep the temperatures down which was thropwing the fueling out ? He said that he could guess but it was too dangerous.

The mapping was going to cost me £450 - Is there anywhere else i can get this done? I dont have hundreds of pounds extra for a ecutek license. I guess £500 would be near the maximum. Any Ideas ?

Thanks

:thumb:

dunx 13 March 2009 07:54 PM

Save up and get it done properly... it's cheaper than a new engine, AET-Turbos could do it locally in Normanton.

HTH

dunx

sponners 13 March 2009 08:01 PM

thats why IMO it should be mapped (or at least finished off) on the road.

morpheous 13 March 2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by sponners (Post 8574738)
thats why IMO it should be mapped (or at least finished off) on the road.

Tooo rite sponners :cuckoo:

Jolly Green Monster 13 March 2009 10:32 PM

Scarey!

Simon

jasonius 14 March 2009 12:10 AM

FFS, what does that tell you..?!! :(

dlynch 14 March 2009 11:11 PM

Sorry i just dont get the comments made.

The mapper said it wasnt going to work. So he stopped. Whats so scarey ? JGG loose the comments as you are too far from me.

I get respect for the mapper spending a day trying to get it sorted and then geting no money at the end. He has a brand new LPS3000 Maha - so it is early days. I for one am not goign to pay for some license to remap my car.

Jasonius - You not learnt - Answer the post of leave it - comments like "FFS, what does that tell you..?!! " does not add to the question.

dj219957 15 March 2009 01:11 AM

sounds like his fans arnt up to the job to me. get it mapped on the road by someone who knows what they are doing. i,e go else where

dunx 15 March 2009 01:21 AM

RR and sub-standard fans = potential dead engine,scares me !

JGM travels to you IF you ask nicely... did mine on the old A1.

dunx

P.S. Save even more money and do it yourself, if you can get a laptop.

Butty 15 March 2009 10:06 AM

Sounds like they've not mapped TMIC Subarus before - finding something out as basic as that while mapping doesn't give you much confidence.
Check with the next mapper that they have the experience before using you as a guinea pig.

jasonius 15 March 2009 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by dlynch (Post 8577201)
Sorry i just dont get the comments made.

The mapper said it wasnt going to work. So he stopped. Whats so scarey ? JGG loose the comments as you are too far from me.

I get respect for the mapper spending a day trying to get it sorted and then geting no money at the end. He has a brand new LPS3000 Maha - so it is early days. I for one am not goign to pay for some license to remap my car.

Jasonius - You not learnt - Answer the post of leave it - comments like "FFS, what does that tell you..?!! " does not add to the question.

As others have said, it means the person who nearly blew your engine doesn't know anything about mapping Impreza's..!

What it 'tells you' is there are so called professional people out there, who claim to know something they don't and take your hard earned for it..!

think about this, how do you know he hasn't already caused damage trying to map it with insufficient cooling..?!

There are PLENTY of well respected Impreza tuners/mappers out there who know what they're doing, so don't risk being someone else's guinea pig as butty says..!

dlynch 18 March 2009 08:21 PM

Thanks for your comments.

Saving up for a "pro"

dunx 18 March 2009 08:33 PM

Hi Dl,

give Drew a ring at Precious Metal in Knottingley.

Details in the WYIOC section - servicing thread !

HTH

dunx

dynamix 19 March 2009 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by dj219957 (Post 8577448)
sounds like his fans arnt up to the job to me. get it mapped on the road by someone who knows what they are doing. i,e go else where

Absolutely.

Mapping on the road gives a great all round performance. It is sometimes necessary to map on a dyno though but always check what dyno people recommend on here first. There are good and bad operators.

dlynch 19 March 2009 10:31 PM

Thanks. I am saving for a JGM. I had no idea he travelled. Its more than just the money it's convincing the wife ;) JGM just need that VAT and then im there - Whats the waiting time ?

Jolly Green Monster 20 March 2009 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by dlynch (Post 8588150)
Thanks. I am saving for a JGM. I had no idea he travelled. Its more than just the money it's convincing the wife ;) JGM just need that VAT and then im there - Whats the waiting time ?

I am actually in Wakefield next month ;) drop me a Pm to discuss if you like.

Simon

dunx 20 March 2009 10:01 AM

Hmmmm.....

Hi Simon, Frosty by any chance ?

Mine seems to be getting even better, as I start to use it more "enthusiastically" !

Many thanks for the hard work you put in to it.

dunx

Tidgy 20 March 2009 01:56 PM

lack of airflow when on a dyno is caused by too weedy a fan on the dyno not the car. (normally airflows when the car moves forward so dont need fans that will cool the car pushed, if temps are getting to high its a fualt with the dyno setup, unless theres a mechanical reason for temps getting to high. the fans are suposed to simulate normal road airflows as much as possible)

dunx 20 March 2009 07:06 PM

LOL at 155 mph on Elvington ?

dunx

Jolly Green Monster 20 March 2009 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 8588673)
Hmmmm.....

Hi Simon, Frosty by any chance ?

Mine seems to be getting even better, as I start to use it more "enthusiastically" !

Many thanks for the hard work you put in to it.

dunx

yes ;)

maydew 20 March 2009 11:32 PM

simon mapped my simtek yesterday and done a fantastic job and would recommend him to anyone,time spent/aftersales is a1 which good aftersales is very rare to come by these days

chrisUK300 21 March 2009 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by dlynch (Post 8574597)
Hi,

Cany anyone help - It ried to get my car (WRX 2004) remapped today on the rollers. I got a call at the end of the day telling em he hasnt been able to do it. He explained that the fans he has were not strong enough to keep the temperatures down which was thropwing the fueling out ? He said that he could guess but it was too dangerous.

The mapping was going to cost me £450 - Is there anywhere else i can get this done? I dont have hundreds of pounds extra for a ecutek license. I guess £500 would be near the maximum. Any Ideas ?

Thanks

:thumb:

Who did you use by the way? Was only aware of AET round here that did remaps? Let me know via PM if you dont wanna say in public :thumb:

dunx 21 March 2009 12:47 AM

Might it be a certain Ossett based company ?

Not sure, just a guess !

When I contacted them, they couldn't be bothered to call/e-mail/Text me !

dunx