ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Xbox 360 Steering Wheel (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/751887-xbox-360-steering-wheel.html)

MJW 09 March 2009 04:23 PM

Xbox 360 Steering Wheel

I've just discovered the joys of Forza 2 & thought it would be better with a wheel. I have a Momo steering wheel for the PC, but, of course, it won't work on my Xbox. So I'm looking at buying a wheel which hopefully would work with both the PC and the XBox - does the official Microsoft wheel work with both ? Also which is the best wheel, the MS one ?

RB5-Black 09 March 2009 05:45 PM

Wheels for the 360 a bit of a problem. Really there isn't a great one out. We really don't have a Logitech Driving force quality wheel yet.

The MS wheel has been good to me with no faults and a good force feedback feel. The unit isn't a 900° rotation so it will get shot down in flames by some people on here. I get on well with my one when bolted to my playseat and I'm no slouch on Forza 2 so it can't be all that bad.

Jonnip74 09 March 2009 07:08 PM

I've got the Logitech Drive FX. Axiel Feedback, not true force feedback, but far prefer it to the Microsoft jobbie. Seems a lot more secure and better built than Microsoft's attempt! 'FFB' works well in Forza, but nothing in Race Pro (wont start that old one again though!!)

MJW 10 March 2009 11:12 AM

Well I managed to find a cheap MS wheel on ebay so I'll give that a bash. Is Race Pro any good ? Must admit I'm loving Forza 2, wish I'd bought it ages ago ! It feels miles better than Grid

RB5-Black 10 March 2009 11:33 AM

Race pro isn't a patch on Forza.

If your playing on live and not on my friends list allready , send me a request. I'll fix you up with some quick tuned cars for online. Most of my b class cars/times are top 200 times.

MJW 17 March 2009 10:19 PM

Cheers for the offer, I'll take you up on that. I'm still working through the career mode at the min, so haven't ventured online yet.

Got the wheel today & its pretty good, though it would've been nice to be able to alter sensitivity levels in Forza, there seems to be more & better ways of altering the wheel's behaviour on Grid. It didn't come with an AC adaptor, so the force feedback is a bit limp, especially running off two crummy AA batteries. Does anyone know where I can get one ?

STi wanna Subaru 18 March 2009 11:45 AM

There's no force feedback off just the battery's AFAIK. I imagine the AC is just a standard one. I'll try check mine tonight.

Iain Young 18 March 2009 12:09 PM

It's one of these. No idea where you'd get one in the UK though...

MICROSOFT PSC24W-240 I.T.E. POWER SUPPLY 24V 1.0A FOR XBOX 360 MICROSOFT PSC24W-240 I.T.E. POWER SUPPLY 24V 1.0A FOR XBOX 360 RACING WHEEL [PSC24W-240] - $24.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

StickyMicky 18 March 2009 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by MJW (Post 8566770)
Is Race Pro any good ?

I got my copy last week and to be honest, its pretty ****e

shopto.net are doing grid for 13quid delivered this week!

MJW 18 March 2009 07:36 PM

The power adaptor for my Momo PC steering wheel was the correct voltage & an exact fit so I'm using that :)
Yeh I heard a few people saying Race Pro wasn't that good - shame really I used to love GTR2 on the PC.

Iain Young 18 March 2009 07:52 PM

So did I. Unfortunately Race Pro is a poor relation :(

STi wanna Subaru 12 September 2010 05:14 PM

Sorry to bump this but saves a new thread. I'm after selling my wheel as never use it. I cant find the PGR2 disk which i believe has the wheel drivers on. Can I sell it without it and will it work Ok? does the console look for the drivers on xbox live for example?

billythekid 13 September 2010 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by RB5-Black (Post 8565093)
Wheels for the 360 a bit of a problem. Really there isn't a great one out. We really don't have a Logitech Driving force quality wheel yet.

Fanatec do a wheel for the xbox.

Probably the best wheel you can get for the xbox. The 911 turbo S wheel. You can also use the club sport pedals which has a load cell brake.

Very good combo.

£300+ though.

I have a G27 for the PC and its rather good, the only reason I did not go Fanatec is they dont have the best reputation for build quality so I have gone with the G27 for now. (not Xbox compatable)

Neanderthal 14 September 2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9596656)
Sorry to bump this but saves a new thread. I'm after selling my wheel as never use it. I cant find the PGR2 disk which i believe has the wheel drivers on. Can I sell it without it and will it work Ok? does the console look for the drivers on xbox live for example?

I don't ever remember putting in the PGR2 disc when I bought my wheel (2nd hand). Has worked fine for the 4 times I've been bothered to use it :lol1:

STi wanna Subaru 14 September 2010 11:49 AM

Cheers, I thought the dash updates a bit back included the drivers. seems to support that. I can flog it on ebay with confidence then! ;)

Neanderthal 14 September 2010 01:05 PM

Actually if you want the PGR2 disc I've got you're welcome to it mate.

STi wanna Subaru 14 September 2010 02:23 PM

Cheers, that's a kind offer. I'm pretty sure it's not required as you say but if I find out it is then I may well drop you a PM if that's Ok :)

Bravo2zero_sps 14 September 2010 03:29 PM

What happened to those days of on line bumper cars I mean fair racing? No one play Forza 3 any more? I have to admit i've not played it anywhere near as much as I did Forza 2.

Neanderthal 15 September 2010 02:56 PM

No problem STi :D

I felt inspired to plug it all back in this morning and had a go on Forza 3 with the wheel. Had a great time. Checked my stats and I'm only 33% of the career done! Like B2Z, I absolutely hammered Forza 2, yet F3, even with more tracks I've not had the inclination to complete it.
Loved the F2 on-line races the Scoobynet peeps had (even if RB5 used to blitz everyone :lol1: )

bioforger 15 September 2010 08:26 PM

I have a G25 its awesome and works with 360 n ps3.

Neanderthal 16 September 2010 10:41 PM

The G25 works with the 360!?!!? does it see it as the G25 in terms of the shifter being fully functional etc?

bioforger 16 September 2010 10:57 PM

oh i dont have either console I assumed it did as its USB, maybe not then.

Bravo2zero_sps 16 September 2010 11:39 PM

The G25 is pc and ps2/ps3 only and the same goes for the G27 even though Logitech knew their customers were screaming out for 360 compatability. Why it hasn't happened smacks of Microsoft preventing it.

bioforger 17 September 2010 01:05 AM

Why would MS prevent it when it works with PC's using MS OS's ??

More likely Logitech being lazy. The G30 apparently works with the 360. I think someone has made their own adapter for the g25/27 as well, not sure if there's much truth in it though.

Neanderthal 17 September 2010 09:37 AM

Damn you Bioforger for getting my hopes up! ;)

It'll be MS restricting the license allowing other manufacturers peripherals to connect to it.
They did the same with the original Xbox I think.

bioforger 17 September 2010 07:59 PM

lol apologies :)

STi wanna Subaru 20 September 2010 09:48 PM

Guys my wheel sold for £76 on ebay.... I was amazed! Seems they are out of stock everywhere for some reason so a good time to sell!